Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Strange game adverts

I knew there would be other people who noticed this. This is false advertising, very uncalled for and honestly a bit unexpected from Playrix but what do I know. It made me lose respect for the advertise-making team, it's extremely click-baity and I need to admit that I'm pretty displeased. I'm not sure what's been happening with mobile games lately but I keep getting seeing ads that resemble NOTHING provided in the actual game. Big dislike on that

I was told these are new games with "New Acres" in the various titles, like Homescapes: New Acres.

Guess not, though.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 113
    City Building Project: Animal Hospital
    Zoo Level: 37
    New Attraction: Visit the Tapirs in our Water World exhibit!
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty #SPRUXS (We are recruiting)
    Playrix Forum Member Since: Dec 2015 & 1,500+ posts

Stop the false advertising

I am a longtime player of several of your games, including Township, Fishdom and Gardenscapes. I also play other games, where I am lately inundated with your new fraudulent ads that show gameplay completely unrelated to the actual games. If you think those kinds of games where you pick options (tree or fire, donut or chicken, net or hook...) would sell, then by all means develop them. Do not engage in false advertising of your existing, excellent games.

I'm very disappointed in this dishonest behavior and have paused play of all your games in the hope that you will come to your senses. Otherwise I can't see myself continuing to support you and will have no option but to uninstalling everything.

Sincerely,
    Selene

Ok...yes...I am going to respond to the latest post even though the OP's post is from February.
    (...waits for _DD_ to give swift kick...)

I found an article on this very subject. If you wish to read about it please pm me...as I do not believe I can post that link on here.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 05-22-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Ok...yes...I am going to respond to the latest post even though the OP's post is from February.
    (...waits for _DD_ to give swift kick...)
    This is a merged thread, that's handled differently anyway and your post is not directed at someone who's been long absent. It's not forbidden, btw.
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    This is a merged thread, that's handled differently anyway and your post is not directed at someone who's been long absent. It's not forbidden, btw.
    PM sent
    hee-hee-hee

On the same subject...this new one showed up on my fb page:

IMG_20190523_171811_545.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 05-23-2019 at 10:19 PM.

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

On the same subject...this new one showed up on my fb page:...
    oh goood grief, what ideas! the little coat at the bottom looks cute, though

and thanks, a very interesting explanation in the article, btw; with these ads being in third edition, so to speak, with your above example, and/but for several games (not all by P.), I was wondering why no-one does anything against them. There had to be some "income" somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortimous View Post
    Yeah, actually that's how I found township a few weeks ago. I saw an in game add and watched the video of township and it showed you "maintaining" the town including fixing things that were breaking. Its actually what made me click on it and it brought me to this game. BUT, this game does NOT have those features, but I really like it anyway. In the video I saw, you were building your town just like the game plays now, but you had a bridge or sign or something that was broken, and you had to click on a list of tools at the bottom of the screen and pick the right tool to repair it. Upon fixing certain things in town with the correct tool, you got money and xp for doing that, but then the user picked the wrong tool to repair the sign and it blew up.... It seemed like fun, but it just brought me to this game and I DL it started playing and it has NONE of those elements, although I really do enjoy the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aduain Captor View Post
    I knew there would be other people who noticed this. This is false advertising, very uncalled for and honestly a bit unexpected from Playrix but what do I know. It made me lose respect for the advertise-making team, it's extremely click-baity and I need to admit that I'm pretty displeased. I'm not sure what's been happening with mobile games lately but I keep getting seeing ads that resemble NOTHING provided in the actual game. Big dislike on that
    Yesterday, I just noticed the same Township baiting ad that Vortimous reported, while playing a word game app on my phone. I understand advertising is about grabbing people's attention, but at least give me ads for apps, games, or products that I don't already play! Geez LMAO!!

Ok...So I was checking to see if my app had an update yet...and went to look at the app page itself:

IMG_20190523_173658_210.jpg
    Notice it has a video...while I could not capture that for here...it was fun.

Screenshot_2019-05-23-17-30-50.jpg

Screenshot_2019-05-23-17-30-50.jpg
    The two pics above show things that are not in my version of the game and am sooo grateful they are not. It just looks to junk things up.

And this one shows some famliar decorations - looking a little differently:
    Screenshot_2019-05-23-17-30-43.jpg

Other than falsely advertising game features...Could this be a platform difference?
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 05-24-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Other than falsely advertising game features...Could this be a platform difference?
    On the official app page, you say? How strange - and also, that someone puts so much work in it, and btw, w/o inventing the real game(s) yet. F.e. the little pics of the townies in the town... that is different than these catastrophes that all these fake adds show, to attract people.

Lately I saw a totally different ad about another (new) game where the question was "can you escape?" Looked interesting, but fortunately I read the user reviews before downloading it - there also, as on the Playrix game pages, quite a few complaining that they STILL didn't see the advertized content yet. So it works...
    How unpleasant, this development in gaming.

ETA: I take this back: "BTW, I don't see any of this on Android.", which was referring to my app store. I see the same mostly incorrect pictures now at Google-Play, the App-store for Android.
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-27-2019 at 02:51 PM.