Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange game adverts

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Walsh View Post
    I've seen that one too Cody, and when they get hit by the train or a vehicle, they turn into Angels, growing wings and flying up to heaven
    ugh. Who finds THAT a good advertizement for a game?! and even if so: it will bring them the totally wrong audience for their little M3, LOL.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-01-2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: exactly, Cody, and stuff from the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list!

I've seen them as well and don't understand what they think it accomplishes. Also, if they think people woukd like this kind of problem fixing game, why doesn't one if them actually invent one instead of all this false adversing?

Townships actually takes it a step further with misleading images on their App Store page. There is an image of a crashed tomato truck with option of hook or dynamite to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-01-2019 at 06:06 PM.

I wonder if it would helpful if people would spam the reviews of the game, explaining that you do not "fix" broken items? Before I download a game, reading the reviews give me a good idea if it's for me.
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    I wonder if it would helpful if people would spam the reviews of the game, explaining that you do not "fix" broken items? ..
    what do you mean with "spam"? or why spam? if every player who is aware of it, does a review, it would be good IMO (and probably help)
    I can post only one review AFAI see, and/but I have of course mentioned that there are no repairs of that kind, and that it is a farming/building game, not an escape game or the like. Also deducted stars for it, and said so in my review.
    Actually it was the reason to post a review (before I had forgotten ).

I would hope it would help the reading curious, but can't see whether it does.

It's not only a phenomenon of strange in-game-adverts...
    Meanwhile there are also fake preview pictures in the official Playstore
    feuer.jpg
    tomaten.jpg
    Schweinchen.jpg

ETA: The pictures are from Google Playstore. In the Appstore of Apple there's "only" the one with the broken tomato truck and Amazon has got two of the fake pictures.
    Last edited by SumSum; 08-04-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    ...Meanwhile there are also fake preview pictures in the official Playstore ...
    When I noticed it in May, as mentioned here, I was finally convinced that Playrix had indeed their hand in it (and not just a company doing their adverts going crazy), and it was the reason I set up my review in the Google Play store shortly after. Not so many others did, it seemed to me, more ppl mentioning their disappointment that they hadn't found "these levels" yet.

And it seems indeed, many keep the game despite that. And so, might add to the ingame purchases...
    Plus it could be, that the game companies sometimes get revenues from ppl simply arriving at the download pages.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    When I noticed it in May, as mentioned here, I was finally convinced that Playrix had indeed their hand in it (and not just a company doing their adverts going crazy)....
    In fact that I found one or more of these pictures in all official stores (Apple, Google and Amazon) I'm pretty sure you're absolutely right!

I didn't check the game stores further, but I have seen such ads also for at least 2 non-Playrix games, which makes it almost a very strange trend...

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I didn't check the game stores further, but I have seen such ads also for at least 2 non-Playrix games, which makes it almost a very strange trend...
    Yes, that's really a strange trend

What is this?

When I play other games and I see an advertisement for Township, I’ve seen a small game, maybe an event game. Can anyone tell me if this is just for Mac, or Windows. Just curious cause I see this all the time, looks fun and wish I could play, lol

For some reason I can’t upload the screen shot I took, so I’ll explain it best I can. lol

You have sheep, cows and other farm animals that you try to get across a road, and then a train track. At the end of the preview the last sheep gets hit by a train and the farmer starts crying. You move the animals by tapping your finger on the screen.