Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Strange game adverts

Twilight Bookworm, looking at the picture with all the bubbles I am getting worried...this reminds me of the zoo and makes me wonder if orders from Townspeople may show like this in the future instead of at the helipad.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    BTW, I don't see any of this on Android.
    For the record, I'm on Android, and I'm seeing these ads all the time. Even more now that I've stopped playing all Playrix games until they stop the fake ads. (Which they don't seem interested in doing, as I note by there still not being any official response). I've started reporting the ads, not sure if it has any effect.

Selene

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    For the record, I'm on Android, and I'm seeing these ads all the time.
    I was replying to Twilight's remark about her findings in an official app store and her question:
    "Could this be a platform difference?"

If you read my whole post, I wrote there (again) about other games with these fake ads, in this case, the Escape-statement in a game.

So I meant to say, it is not on the Android app store. But I have to take it back anyway:
    Today, I see the same pictures at Google-Play, the App-store for Android.
    I have adapted my earlier post.

I must say I expected more from these "official sources" also.

Where do you report the fake ads?
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-27-2019 at 02:52 PM.

It's true that many other games also have these fake ads, but most of them that I've seen seem to be "rip-offs" of other games, i.e. with very questionable legitimacy. By running the same kind of fake ads, Playrix is now coming across as one of these questionable companies too...

As to reporting ads, most of the time a little symbol appears in a corner of the screen when the ad is playing, looking a bit like an arrow. If you tap it, a menu pops up where you can report the ad. I don't know if it has any effect. A problem is that the ad provider is making money off these ads and thus isn't terribly motivated to remove problematic ones.

Selene

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ... As to reporting ads, most of the time a little symbol appears in a corner of the screen when the ad is playing, looking a bit like an arrow. If you tap it, a menu pops up where you can report the ad. I don't know if it has any effect. A problem is that the ad provider is making money off these ads and thus isn't terribly motivated to remove problematic ones.
    Yes, and from the article that Twilight provided, I understand that they all get their profit much too early and easy by these ads. And it was from beginning of 2018 already...
    In any case, thanks for the reporting description, Selene!

Re: reporting ads

A few months back I reported some 'adult' videos shown in game. I did this by taking screenshots of the ad, then sending an in-game report with the screenshot. Informing them of inappropriate content and that this actually may stop people playing their game, gets their attention. They responded and dealt with these ads promptly and I haven't seen another one since. So, I would suggest trying this idea if you haven't already, to deal with the problem of 'fake ads'.
    Town Name: Cerulean Bay
    Town: L 80
    Animal crackers: 133
    Co-op: C&G Racers
    Platform: IOS

Love makes everything grow more beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Twilight Bookworm, looking at the picture with all the bubbles I am getting worried...this reminds me of the zoo and makes me wonder if orders from Townspeople may show like this in the future instead of at the helipad.
    Goodness I hope not as well.
    It looks junkie imho.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I just saw an ad for a game and I thought that looks like it could be fun to play. Selecting items from a side bar to water the plants, fix the power line, remove a tree etc. Then I was gobsmacked to see the game was Township. What the heck? I have played this game for many years and what was advertised is totally made up. What is Playrix thinking? Totally Fake News as a certain politician would say.

I just started getting one for Homescapes where two characters are walking across ice. There are different options to help...eventually the video chooses a rock which breaks the ice and the guy falls through into the freezing water...FAIL lol!!
    They must get enough people that download from these unrealistic ads to make it worthwhile. Why not just make a game that is actually like the ads?
    Solo Co-op: MaggieTs #MGRZ48

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    I just saw an ad for a game and I thought that looks like it could be fun to play. Selecting items from a side bar to water the plants, fix the power line, remove a tree etc. Then I was gobsmacked to see the game was Township. What the heck? I have played this game for many years and what was advertised is totally made up. What is Playrix thinking? Totally Fake News as a certain politician would say.
    If I can find it again...I can send you a pm with a link to just one of many articles about this type of advertising. Unfortunately, it is not limited to Playrix games.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I just started getting one for Homescapes where two characters are walking across ice. There are different options to help...eventually the video chooses a rock which breaks the ice and the guy falls through into the freezing water...FAIL lol!!
    They must get enough people that download from these unrealistic ads to make it worthwhile. Why not just make a game that is actually like the ads?

Lol...these different options shown are funny as well as fun! Posted screenshots for that Homescapes on page 4 of this post. Like others have mentioned...would like play the games that way as well. It would add a nice layer to the game play.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 06-13-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton