View Poll Results: Does Passing Leadership needed?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

1 50.00%
  • No.

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passing the Leadership in your co-op

Passing the Leadership in your co-op

Say your co-op leader isn't as active as once, and your co-op is awesome.
    What are you supposed to do? Abandon ship?!

This situation is not new in teams-related games, and many games has already solved that problem -

You pass leadership to a person you trust (must be a co-leader), and the former leader becomes now a co.

Problem solved. Co-op saved! No need to abandon ship.

Please add this option: Passing Leadership within the co-op.
    I am sure many players suffer from that exact obstacle.

Thank you. Enjoy.

P.S.:
    My facebook friend code: M9A3DS (lvl 50).

Quote Originally Posted by Ofek Morad View Post
    You pass leadership to a person you trust (must be a co-leader), and the former leader becomes now a co.
    This option already exists. The leader can promote anyone to be the new leader, while they would be demoted to co-leader.

However, if you're asking for a co-leader to be able to promote himself to leader, i'm afraid that's not possible at the moment, or even something that i think should be implemented. That would be mutiny
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Our leader left the co-op. How can an elder be promoted to leader?

Unfortunately no one can promote a co leader if there is no leader.
    You have two options,
    Send a report to CS and ask them if they can resolve the issue for you. This is if you don’t want to start a new coop.
    Or
    The person you want to have as leader can start a new coop and invite everyone to join them.
    Make sure everyone is on the friends list of either the new leader or a friend of the new leader.

Aye Captain Bligh a mutiny is in the works.

The 2 options Cuddz gave are the best IMO. God forbid that the members of my co-op could vote me out at any time. My wife would probably lead the revolt.

Vive la revolution!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Haggerty View Post
    Our leader left the co-op. How can an elder be promoted to leader?
    If your leader actually left the co-op, another team member was promoted leader automatically. Only that new leader can promote another member to leader and become a co-.leader himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Unfortunately no one can promote a co leader if there is no leader....
    At least with a co-leader a coop would still function fairly well, but we've also seen similar posts where the coop has no co leader and the leader has disappeared.

This comes up so often, they really need to build a better solution into the software. Presently, the software will resolve this problem automatically by promoting the most senior member, but only if the leader actually deletes the game. They need to fix this to also automatically promote the most senior member to leader if the leader has simply stopped playing. I would think 6 or 8 weeks of inactivity should be long enough to warrant appointing a new leader. The original leader could be dropped to co-leader or maybe just member, to prevent any revenge moves should the player ever come back.

I prefer that Playrix doesn't make assumptions about time of absence and consequences thereof. Ppl may come back.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I prefer that Playrix doesn't make assumptions about time of absence and consequences thereof. Ppl may come back.
    I agree, we assume after a long period of inactivity the Leader has abandoned the Coop, when it’s possible RL has stepped in fir a while.
    There are many reasons this could happen.

Depressing thought, a leader could die and the last thing a grieving family thinks about is the person’s township. I haven’t tested it, but can a co-leader restrict a leader from the regatta?