Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldie but Goodies decorations

Oldie but Goodies decorations

On my wish list and something I’m hoping someone can make reality...when I visit towns and see all these unique, very neat, cool older decorations. Saw a little bug car full of flowers that was just adorable and I saw a sheep bush made out of white small flowers. I’ve requested anywhere I can for them to repeat the chefs hat that’s a hot air ballon, w/no luck. My idea is to have a ‘Oldies but Goodies’ decoration sale..they have to be over 2 1/2 yrs old to appear..but I’ve been playing for a good 3yrs and they do nothing but repeat the same stuff..throw in some of the older stuff! Anyone I’ve discussed this w/loves the idea..we are so tired of the same old decorations being repeated w/one or two new ones thrown in. Easy solution..bring back some of the old!!

I'm all for this idea. I want the fancy Zoo sign (I was hoping to see it as a special gift with the new Zoo update, but was disappointed) and the farm animal balloons in particular. I have inflatable ducks and bees, but no sheep, pigs, chickens or cows. It's quite sad.

Love this idea, constantly find myself eyeing decorations in other towns and wishing some of the older ones would come back.

Especially like Bess, the zoo sign...

LOL Bessville. Ah, yes, the Zoo sign. When it first came out most of us thought it was ugly as sin. We liked the idea of animal patterns, but thought the combination as released was awful. I kept mine in storage for a very long time. Dear departed Ralph was so appalled by it, he immediately sold it.

As the years have passed, and Playrix has given us even worse decos, the Zoo Sign eventually fit in and has actually grown on me. But, I can assure you, it was not universally liked when it was first released. Tastes change or our tolerance for some of the decos have.

I agree as well!! I would love to see this too!! I was disappointed that the ‘Love’ sign wasn’t available for Valentine’s. I really want that & the zoo sign. I’ve sent a message in game with this idea last year & got a message back saying, ‘Unfortunately, there are no plans on doing this but I will pass it on to the developer’s.’ That was the end of it. I, too, am tired of seeing the same ‘ol decorations year after year. I’ve seen this same request on the 3 different social media’s as well. Really makes me wonder. Do the developer’s really read the comments by players? Do they see the suggestions or take them into consideration even?! I have my doubts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    LOL Bessville. Ah, yes, the Zoo sign. When it first came out most of us thought it was ugly as sin. We liked the idea of animal patterns, but thought the combination as released was awful. I kept mine in storage for a very long time. Dear departed Ralph was so appalled by it, he immediately sold it.

As the years have passed, and Playrix has given us even worse decos, the Zoo Sign eventually fit in and has actually grown on me. But, I can assure you, it was not universally liked when it was first released. Tastes change or our tolerance for some of the decos have.

It’s funny you say that Nana. I’ve thought the same about a few other decorations as well. Then an update comes out & they’ve been ‘changed.’ I’ve noticed that every time there’s an update, 1-2 decorations change. The swimming pool (being one).. they added people to it. The playground.. is more vibrant & they’ve changed the look of the train. Take a look at the decorations then look after an update. You’ll find at least one that has changed. It’s kinda like playing ‘Where’s Waldo’ (for me) after an update. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    .... Tastes change or our tolerance for some of the decos have.
    Gosh, I hope this doesn't mean I'm eventually going to regret refusing to buy giant cartoon cow decos

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Gosh, I hope this doesn't mean I'm eventually going to regret refusing to buy giant cartoon cow decos
    Could happen! Surely did happen to me lots of times, and giant cartoon cow decor is not excluded here.

Even the gargoyle and some of the other 1st-year-event-decor (pre-co-op) I wouldn't have now, because I didn't care then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    My idea is to have a ‘Oldies but Goodies’ decoration sale..they have to be over 2 1/2 yrs old to appear..but I’ve been playing for a good 3yrs and they do nothing but repeat the same stuff..throw in some of the older stuff! Anyone I’ve discussed this w/loves the idea..we are so tired of the same old decorations being repeated w/one or two new ones thrown in. Easy solution..bring back some of the old!!
    I'm afraid they have another problem with the old decors: Due to various reasons it's actually tough to store all designs/art work. So they may be still out there somewhere, but not easily to access.

Oh I would love to see some of the older decorations return too. The zoo sign, the flower peacock, the glass house.... I walked through Nana's beautiful zoo recently and thought: I want this one and that one and that......