Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regatta dumping tasks question

Quote Originally Posted by PIE View Post

Does the max 135s allowed vary by League? I just started a new co-op and we seem to only have up to four 135s at a time in the Wooden League.
    I think the maximum amount of 135s is determined by the number of players in the co-op rather than the league. My two towns race solo usually, occasionally together, and regularly go through all the different leagues, and they can normally get four 135s on the board, and very rarely five (that is very unusual though). But I've read in social media groups about larger teams sometimes getting 7 or 8, and very,very occasionally 9

Don't know how the pairing works, but I'm sure that a tie goes to the team who took the least time to get there, irregardless of when they started. If team A started immediately and takes five days to get to the max score, and team B waits 24 hours to start but only takes four and a half days to get to max score, team B wins, even though they finished after team A. During the race, team A will seem to be in first place, but when the race is over, the time it took each team to finish is taken in to account.

Also, I've been in a four player co-op and have seen eight 135's on the board at one time. Takes a lot of dumping.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    Don't know how the pairing works, but I'm sure that a tie goes to the team who took the least time to get there, irregardless of when they started. If team A started immediately and takes five days to get to the max score, and team B waits 24 hours to start but only takes four and a half days to get to max score, team B wins, even though they finished after team A. During the race, team A will seem to be in first place, but when the race is over, the time it took each team to finish is taken in to account.
    We have been told by Playrix that this is not the case. The teams with max score are placed in the order of finish in real time.

From https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...-regattas&l=en

" if multiple co-ops finish in a tie, the co-op that completed the tasks the fastest wins. The clock starts at the same time as the regatta."

Their use of the word "fastest" is misleading here (perhaps written by someone not a native speaker of English). The next sentence makes clear the timing starts at the same time for everyone, at the regatta start.

There is, of course, the possibility of synching lags between games and servers, which can look to us like our coop finished before another when we really didn't.

I don't know why this misconception won't die. We have gotten multiple clarifications, including this one from the Delayed Start thread here:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ed-Start/page3

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Okay guys, I've just had clarification from Anna, using this example:

Start Co-op: Take their first task the moment the regatta starts: Tuesday 8am UTC. They finish their last task at 2pm UTC. Total race time: 6 hours.

Wait Co-op: Take their first task on Tuesday 1pm UTC. They finish their last task at 3pm. Total race time: 2 hours.

Both co-ops achieve perfect score. Who wins? The answer is Start Co-op. They finished at 2pm, whereas Wait Co-op didn't finish until 3pm.

____8am__9am__10am__11am__12pm__1pm__2pm__3pm__4pm
    _____T____T_____T______T_____T______T____T____
    ____________________________________T____T____T
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-28-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    ...Their use of the word "fastest" is misleading here (perhaps written by someone not a native speaker of English). ...
    just curious here: what would have been better, i.e. clearer?

Earliest would be better than fastest.
    Fastest implies they took less time, whereas earliest implies the actual time they finished.
    Looking at the above example..
    Wait coop were fastest whereas Start coop finished earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    just curious here: what would have been better, i.e. clearer?
    "Fastest" in English implies the team which finished in the shortest time, which we used to think was the case, but now have been told isn't.

As Cuddz said, earliest or soonest would probably be better, or to make it very clear, they could say the team which finishes in the shortest possible time after the official start time of ...am/pm UTC.

It's quite difficult to differentiate in English. Is it the same in German?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Earliest would be better than fastest.
    Fastest implies they took less time, whereas earliest implies the actual time they finished. ...
    Thanks, Cuddz! makes it clear(er), yes

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    "Fastest" in English implies the team which finished in the shortest time, which we used to think was the case, but now have been told isn't.

As Cuddz said, earliest or soonest would probably be better, or to make it very clear, they could say the team which finishes in the shortest possible time after the official start time of ...am/pm UTC.
    Thank you, JJ It would indeed be better, if they described it more (and better *g*).
    And just BTW:
    IIRC, the 2nd sentence there was added later, for the desired clarification, and in my understanding, is even less clear, makes it more confusing (language/expression-wise), both in English and German.
    "The clock starts at the same time as the regatta. Die Zeit startet zusammen mit der Regatta."

which clock, which time (German)? that's a totally unusual way of expressing it, sounds as if something was missing. (again, in the expression/explanation => I can guess and assume, of course, but that is not what a "help/handbook" should ask me to do)

It's quite difficult to differentiate in English. Is it the same in German?
    Think so. I have to think hard also to "get" the difference between "am schnellsten" (fastest) or "am ehesten" (soonest). Earliest (am frühesten) could be misleading, too.

OTOH, it could indeed also be a translation problem. F.e. when I looked up one of the English words, I got an explanation as several variants of "early", which wasn't fitting, as I knew. While "am ehesten" was most often and first translated as "most likely", which is also correct, but a whole different meaning.
    Or, I often "offer" several English words here for one German expression, cos I know a native speaker will be able to recognize the right one and understand it that way (just as I can do it in German).
    So it could be much clearer in Russian (if it was developed there) than in any other language.
    (not that it helps now *g*)

Quote Originally Posted by PIE View Post
    “We always get our board set up before we start the race. We dump all tasks in order to get the max 135's we can, as well as block the tasks we don't want. Then reserve which tasks we want. The race starts when you pick and start a task.”

Does the max 135s allowed vary by League? I just started a new co-op and we seem to only have up to four 135s at a time in the Wooden League.
    Sorry...just now saw this...as when you quoted me it didn't actually quote me...lol...

JJay provided the same answer I would have given. 135's are based on number of active racers. Here is another post on this same subject:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...le-at-one-time

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I think the maximum amount of 135s is determined by the number of players in the co-op rather than the league. My two towns race solo usually, occasionally together, and regularly go through all the different leagues, and they can normally get four 135s on the board, and very rarely five (that is very unusual though). But I've read in social media groups about larger teams sometimes getting 7 or 8, and very,very occasionally 9
    That is what I have seen as well.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I'm not sure the 135s max is based on the number of players.
    A few weeks ago I raced solo as other coop members were either poorly or on vacation.
    I could still get the 4 or 5 on the board.
    The same goes for the league, as at the time we were in Silver, and are now back in Gold and last week I raced solo again with the same 4 or 5 available.
    It could be I was lucky, or maybe they are not based on either.
    Would be interesting to get an exact answer

The number of available 135s IS based on team size, with extra(s?) during events. I was once told the team sizes that 'unlock' the extra tasks but have forgotten.