Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regatta dumping tasks question

Question Regatta dumping tasks question

If I dump every task when the regatta “starts” will my race begin or does it not begin until I actually “pick” a task?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Adams View Post
    If I dump every task when the regatta “starts” will my race begin or does it not begin until I actually “pick” a task?

Thanks
    Hi,

You will be paired with other co-ops and enter the race the moment you pick your first task (you can dump until then as much as you want).
    However, keep in mind that in case of tied scores, the start of the race will be considered the official start of the regatta, not individual start.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Just a quick question on this, I read somewhere that your group was selected if you reserved a task...has anyone heard of this or know if it is true or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

You will be paired with other co-ops and enter the race the moment you pick your first task (you can dump until then as much as you want).
    However, keep in mind that in case of tied scores, the start of the race will be considered the official start of the regatta, not individual start.
    Ive been trying to find an answer to a specific question and this is the closest but still not quiet. We are a 2 member coop from 2 oposite sides of the globe. If we start our race 4 hrs later to accommodate my fellow racer, will we be paired with coops that start at the same time or will we be dissadvantaged by the 4hr late start?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Ive been trying to find an answer to a specific question and this is the closest but still not quiet. We are a 2 member coop from 2 oposite sides of the globe. If we start our race 4 hrs later to accommodate my fellow racer, will we be paired with coops that start at the same time or will we be dissadvantaged by the 4hr late start?
    You will be put in a group the moment the first player takes a task*, but I'm not sure it gains you much to wait. My coop tried that early on and, whether we started immediately or waited an hour or two, there didn't seem to be much correlation between start time and competitiveness of the group. No matter when we started, there were already coops with several tasks done, even if it was only 5 minutes after the race start.

Time for the event is taken from the event start time, not yours. They don't subtract those 4 hours from your coop finish time to determine standings among ties.

* I've never heard the theory that even reserving tasks put a coop in a race group and don't know if it is true or not.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-09-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Thank you Mayfield just to be clear, we may then be paired with teams who have already started playing if we start late?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Adams View Post

Thanks
    We always get our board set up before we start the race. We dump all tasks in order to get the max 135's we can, as well as block the tasks we don't want. Then reserve which tasks we want. The race starts when you pick and start a task.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Just a quick question on this, I read somewhere that your group was selected if you reserved a task...has anyone heard of this or know if it is true or not?
    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...at-normal&l=en

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...-selected&l=en

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...-regattas&l=en

Personally, I have never heard this before. As far as I have been told and through Playrix's information guides, all teams are simply paired with other teams with the same number of racers.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 11-28-2019 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Found some Playrix links
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Thank you Mayfield just to be clear, we may then be paired with teams who have already started playing if we start late?
    It is likely. Their process is not as simple as just filling groups in order as coops start.

“We always get our board set up before we start the race. We dump all tasks in order to get the max 135's we can, as well as block the tasks we don't want. Then reserve which tasks we want. The race starts when you pick and start a task.”

Does the max 135s allowed vary by League? I just started a new co-op and we seem to only have up to four 135s at a time in the Wooden League.

Having only 3to 5 tasks at 135 is fir all leagues.
    I've never know anyone get more than 5 , and 4 seems to be the average.