Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Co-ops Spending TCash During Regatta

The game developers are here to make money-

Du sprichst mir und meiner Coop aus der Seele. Kein faires Spiel mehr. Bei einer richtigen Regatta hat ja auch keiner einen Motor dabei. Der ist bei uns jetzt hier Cash. Der erste Platz ist heute bereits belegt. Soviel 135ervAufgaben gab es gibt ja noch gar nicht. Macht keinen Spass mehr.

Hi Maggy.
    I agreed with you, it would be nice to have a one week race with some chance of a good ranking. But the meaning itself of a race is the speed. If we want to race in the top league we have to consider that we'll meet the fastest racers. ..
    For the Tcash, I think it is a good idea to fix a ceiling before the start....

Quote Originally Posted by LifeJacket View Post
    When you start a new co-op you will automatically be back to the lowest league, and without your higher up prizes unlocked. So you will really be racing from scratch. Which is fun by the way. But a shock when used to thd luxury life of the top league! Just warning you!...
    Hi!

I am am wondering if you have noticed when you do this (start a new cop op and race from scratch) do you encounter speed racers and 135 only racers in the lower leagues as you climb now? Reason I ask, is because when made our first climb up the leagues, we did not see a single speed racer or 135 only racer at all, not even in silver. It wasn’t until we hit Gold the first time and it was a total shock. This was probably in late October early November, not exactly sure now. Everyone in lower leagues, up to that point had taken all 6 days and all different pointed tasks. We would literally be sitting on the edge of our seats the last few hrs to see who would win! But after we hit Gold, we floated there for awhile and then decided to drop to silver on purpose expecting to be back with the “old fashioned racers” lol. We decided not to do all 135s when we got there since were leaving to escape it and have fun with all tasks point options, and we didn’t want to ruin it for others who where there for the same reason. But....Big surprise though! once we got to silver, we found we were again placed with all 135 racers and all speed racers and it had only been A few weeks. Seemed odd that this technique had caught on in silver that fast as well. This happened the first time but not the second race. The next time we got a lil more Old Fashioned group again, but still did have some that used the 135 and speed racing. We still periodically drop to silver to escape the speed and 135 racers and it is always a hit and miss now, even in silver.

So, Im just curious if you (or anyone else) have noticed, if, the first time through the leagues for a new co op is always like this, where u don’t hit Speed racers and the 135 only racers at all until gold or if you are seeing them now, on the first trip up through the leagues? Wondering If they separate new co ops racing as they climb or If it is more likely that this style of racing had just not hit the lower leagues yet but is starting to trickle down to all leagues.
    In any event, I like the idea of having a second co op for this reason. To let members bounce over and race alone or as duo just to keep it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa’s Land View Post

So, Im just curious if you (or anyone else) have noticed, if, the first time through the leagues for a new co op is always like this, where u don’t hit Speed racers and the 135 only racers at all until gold or if you are seeing them now, on the first trip up through the leagues? Wondering If they separate new co ops racing as they climb or If it is more likely that this style of racing had just not hit the lower leagues yet but is starting to trickle down to all leagues.
    In any event, I like the idea of having a second co op for this reason. To let members bounce over and race alone or as duo just to keep it interesting.
    Hi. I'm a solo racer, used to do 16x135 in gold league, but around the time when it appeared that the race changed from starting when the first task was taken to the time when the regatta began, my work commitments also changed, and I found that I couldn't compete some weeks. So for the last few months I've changed my style of racing. Interseasonal week I hop, and then when the seasonal regatta starts I stay in my wooden league co-op and over the four weeks try to work my way back up to gold (sometimes I join another co-op for a week, or try something different, depends on how much free time I have that particular week).

Anyway, I've found that getting paired with people who race fast is totally random. (I have a second town, level 38, which races solo as well some weeks if I have time - it's reached silver but never gold). It seems like it's more likely to happen in silver, (though sometimes silver is easy), but it can also happen in lower leagues, even wooden. Usually there are only one or two other players who are racing fast, but occasionally more, which I love because it feels like a proper race

I have no idea whether people are getting "better" at racing, but I suspect that because of recent changes there are more players like me who are fed up of Playrix's attempts to make us spend money, and have just found other ways of making the regatta fun.

It used to seem like we were much more likely to run into tough competition if we were in a team of 1-3 racing members, or of 29/30, almost regardless of League. But it seems to me to be much tougher all over for everyone thesedays. I keep waiting for Playrix to realise that, drop their view that anything over 115 points is considered 'high value' and increase the number of 135 tasks we get offered. Seems to be going the other way, though, if anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do think, though, that teams who vary their performance seem to get more varied competition too.

As for us being monetised, that's obviously a necessary evil if we want a game to play at all, but I think discussion of how that's being done is valid feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Hi. I'm a solo racer, used to do 16x135 in gold league....

Anyway, I've found that getting paired with people who race fast is totally random. (I have a second town, level 38, which races solo as well some weeks if I have time - it's reached silver but never gold). It seems like it's more likely to happen in silver, (though sometimes silver is easy), but it can also happen in lower leagues, even wooden. Usually there are only one or two other players who are racing fast, but occasionally more, which I love because it feels like a proper race

I have no idea whether people are getting "better" at racing, but I suspect that because of recent changes there are more players like me who are fed up of Playrix's attempts to make us spend money, and have just found other ways of making the regatta fun.
    Well, If your co op level 38 has reached silver but never gold, then I guess that answers that.! We must have just gotten very lucky the first time thru each league, not seeing any signs at all of either issue. I truly hope this doesn’t start taking over every league the more that the “technique” catches on. If it does though, I can’t imagine any new players will ever get “regatta fever” the way we all did in the beginning.

It would really be nice to have a race that wasn’t all 135 and speed racing. I think I would even prefer speed racing over just 135 actually. (If I had to choose, bcuz I actually prefer neither but)....At least we could have variety back and lil mystery. You never knew who was going to win when it was all random pt tasks and it was exciting to watch those boats battle it out! Lol. Oh how fun it was! I think The 135 thing is just as big an issue now as the speed racers because, as you pointed out, money, for one thing And as it is pointed out in other posts, the tasks are boring and repetitive either to slow or to many of the same fast ones over n over! and so now (if) your spending money (or not spending it, either way) your just not getting the same entertainment you were...So, why spend?
    Being tempted to spend, is when you enjoy what your spending on so much that it feels good! But spending to avoid frustration is just ... more frustrating. Like we have all said, we come here to relax, to enjoy. So, It will get easier to not spend, much quicker this way and yes, drive people to find their own ways to keep it interesting.
    Thank you for your feedback on my question and the ideas as well!
    Last edited by LaLa’s Land; 02-07-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa’s Land View Post
    Well, If your co op level 38 has reached silver but never gold, then I guess that answers that.!
    Lol I may have misled you a bit there - my baby town maybe could have reached gold league at least once, but sadly I sometimes neglect it. Sometimes I don't even open it for a day or so depending on how much time I have.

I have nothing against people who spend money on the game. Personally I choose not to, but I'm thankful others do. Because I play for free I can't really complain when I come up against people who use T-cash, but like many have said, I wish there was a way to separate the big spenders from the small/non spenders. I don't mind at all if my prizes are minuscule compared to people who spend money because for me it's the thrill of the race.

But there are other ways to enjoy the regatta (for me at least). As I said I sometimes join other co-ops (those of friends, not just random ones!), or try different ways of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post

I do think, though, that teams who vary their performance seem to get more varied competition too.

this explanation seem to make sense as to how a team could see no signs of these competitors moving up to gold but then drop back to silver and find that they now face them in silver too but then it also brought up additional question(s).
    first I thought the only criteria used in setting up,teams was number of players. I had been told this in a response to a question I sent to devs from inside my game early on. I was asking why we were getting teamed with coops who all had teams with racers at levels over well over 120 (and with many gold trophies)and we the ONLY co op,who had nobody over 60 at that point, (or we may have had one racer who was at 60 and only 1 first place in each league, with none it Gold) The rest of us were levels 50s to 30s ....they responded and said this was not a factor at all because even higher levels can fail tasks and assured me that higher level have no advantage at all in their the ability to do better in the race? Huh? And...
    If preformance is a criteria, which team would be considered the stronger competition, a brand new team moving from first place in silver into gold or the same team, having gone to gold for the first time and is now dropping from the gold-becalmed section back to silver?

See? Would it be that first trip to gold that put them in a higher performance rank?

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    ....I wish there was a way to separate the big spenders from the small/non spenders. I don't mind at all if my prizes are minuscule compared to people who spend money because for me it's the thrill of the race.

But there are other ways to enjoy the regatta (for me at least). As I said I sometimes join other co-ops (those of friends, not just random ones!), or try different ways of racing.
    I absolutely agree JJay! I would love this too and so wuld my team. We loved the thrill. We weren’t spending either, or very little if we did and it was, as you said, much more of a thrilling race! We called it, Having Regatta Fever! Lol Thank you for your suggestions! This is something I am going to discuss with my co op,too. This could be a good way to play for fun n not for cash! Having baby co op to jump back and forth in.