Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Co-ops Spending TCash During Regatta

Junior Member Maggie Miller Williams's Avatar

Co-ops Spending TCash During Regatta

I think we're all aware that there are teams who spend significant amounts of TCash to race faster, and more power to them. However, we're not all fiscally capable of matching their expenditures, which creates a disadvantage for the less affluent (like me). What if the developers allowed each CoOp to choose a TCash ceiling prior to each Regatta, and then used that as an additional criteria for matching up teams for the race? For example, there could be different levels of dollar amount caps, like $250, $500, $750, $1,000, and an unlimited category, and then the CoOps could be matched with other teams that selected the same dollar cap, in order to level the playing field.

Mesa az
    Hear what your saying I can't afford to buy tcash either I did the 99 cent sale but I played against others who played with t cash I don't get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Miller Williams View Post
    I think we're all aware that there are teams who spend significant amounts of TCash to race faster, and more power to them. However, we're not all fiscally capable of matching their expenditures, which creates a disadvantage for the less affluent (like me). What if the developers allowed each CoOp to choose a TCash ceiling prior to each Regatta, and then used that as an additional criteria for matching up teams for the race? For example, there could be different levels of dollar amount caps, like $250, $500, $750, $1,000, and an unlimited category, and then the CoOps could be matched with other teams that selected the same dollar cap, in order to level the playing field.
    This is a good suggestion and good for you for speaking up! I have seen other suggestions like this, which shows that you (and I) are not the only ones who are frustrated with how things are going in regatta right now. Others have also suggested that there would be 2 regattas, one for those who want to speed race and one for those who do not. I love to see anyone willing to step out in forum with any suggestion that could help make the regatta what it was when we started. I hope the devs take this into account and do something soon! I have read thread after thread of people who are frustrated by the speed racing and the cost etc. the fact that a six day race is over in 24 to 48 hrs has a lot of people scratching their heads and very upset And for every person who comes to forum to either research the issue or step out and speak up, I guarantee there are a lot more that are not coming into forum that feel the same way. I know several racers are ready to just quit, which is really sad because the regatta was something we loved in the beginning, when you could race over a 6day period the way it was designed to race and have a chance to win.
    Many have spoken up to say that it can be done in 24 hrs without spending tcash if you prep etc. however, my question is, why should we have to? Why would we want to? It’s a 6 day race. It’s not a 24 hrs race. Why should I/we have to require our whole team to all devote one whole day a week to speed racing for a chance to win and then have nothing but prep to do for the rest of the week? We have members with schedules that fluctuate and there is no way! Even it was an option, we have tried it and we don’t enjoy racing this way. We liked the race we had....no, we loved the race we had. We want it back. We have opted out already once just out of frustration and I have to admit, I was much happier to not have deal with speed racers....on the other hand, I also realized without the regatta, I had little desire to even open the game on a daily basis. I don’t think it will hold much interest for me much longer without a six day race to entertain myself with. It will become a game of design only, which is something else I love, but ...it’s not regatta!
    Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I just wanted you to know, your not alone in how you feel and I like the idea. I’d like to hear other suggestions as well in the hopes something can be done to change the way it is now.

You are 100% spot on correct, LaLa!! Also, the tasks have become laughable - terrible tasks, and 135 tasks all too rare. I calculated in one race that less than 5% of the tasks my 4 person CoOp were given over the course of the Regatta were 135 point tasks. The Regattas have become agony, and the game far less fun. I feel like these changes are intended to spur us to expend TCash, actually. i am tempted to stop racing in the Regatta altogether, frankly. .Life is stressful, and I play Township for relaxation. I'm not going to stick with a game that adds stress!!!

I only race half of the time. If you only do half your tasks one week and drop a league another week, you drift into a group that does similar, then if you up your game you might win a race and be back up a league....at the moment I'm in a league where even the becalmed lot finish early and do the maximum with extra task for cash. Too stressful! But I've bought most of my decorations already and am working on my store of points for next month's regatta! So I can afford to vary the pace and be back in top league for the start of the new regatta.

Find new ways to race.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeJacket View Post
    I only race half of the time. If you only do half your tasks one week and drop a league another week, you drift into a group that does similar, then if you up your game you might win a race and be back up a league....at the moment I'm in a league where even the becalmed lot finish early and do the maximum with extra task for cash. Too stressful! But I've bought most of my decorations already and am working on my store of points for next month's regatta! So I can afford to vary the pace and be back in top league for the start of the new regatta.

Find new ways to race.
    Good idea. I'm in a small CoOp with people that I've known since I began, and I should think slowing down would negatively impact the CoOp overall score during the Regatta. I have considered solo racing, as well, but again hate to leave my friends. As always, I could stay in the CoOp but not race, but I feel an obligation to play in a way (by storing up products) that lets me help my team mates as much as I can, whereas when solo racing outside of a CoOp I could be selfish and ruthless LOL! Suppose I need to weigh it all out and then act accordingly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Miller Williams View Post
    Suppose I need to weigh it all out and then act accordingly!!
    Yes. Other ways of racing are not for eternity either Another suggestion: Find out whether someone will accompany you. It could even be a different one next time. Two people racing is more fun for both, and you (both) can try out more things, and! the race and the competition are different.

Make sure to be friends with someone in your current Coop, so you can be invited back.
    And when being friends, you can also help and be helped, while being in your other Coop.

When you start a new co-op you will automatically be back to the lowest league, and without your higher up prizes unlocked. So you will really be racing from scratch. Which is fun by the way. But a shock when used to thd luxury life of the top league! Just warning you!...

Quote Originally Posted by LifeJacket View Post
    ...But a shock when used to thd luxury life of the top league! ...
    LOL, true! also that it's fun
    Just remember that there's a solution to getting the "gold league prize(s)", too, like done here.
    Posting here will have results, I am sure.
    And another opportunity to visit another Coop

(just remember to do it in shifts, as one person must stay to keep the baby Coop)

I am in total agreement with you Maggie Miller Williams, I play for relaxation also [/]. Now I. just need to relax since his death in Jan. I wish someone would make it less "money wise" and more enjoyable.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 02-03-2019 at 05:00 PM. Reason: rule #12