Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regatta no longer fun, too low many tasks

your right..waiting 6 to 8 hours for a task is not fun..more time waiting than doing.. and with reserving even worse

Actually, the regatta is what's keeping me playing this game. Otherwise, I would've quit it long ago. Especially since I play it on the windows platform where we don't get half the stuff that the other platforms get. I'm at level 97 and still waiting for the last 3 factories that the other platforms get.

Cactusflower, the normal tasks in the seasonal regattas are repeated. There is a full list of 135pt tasks which come up here:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1328605

It is quite possible to prepare for these tasks, for example a player will fill their factory shelves with these items, and have enough ingredients in the barn to make the rest. So if a Tyrolean hat task appears and a player has 8 shelves in their factory, it takes a couple of seconds to complete. For a task requiring 10 pizzas, 8 would be waiting on the shelves and the other two could be completed straight away using T-cash.

Different members of the team would fill all their fields with different crops, so using the double crop booster, some of these tasks are instant as well. In the same way the team members would coordinate with each other about sending their boats to different islands using ingots before the regatta starts, so island tasks are done almost immediately and whatever remains can be speeded up with T-cash.

They also make sure they have 150/155 clovers to do HoL tasks instantaneously, and, as this season includes mining tool tasks, they will have spent the time since finishing the last regatta stocking up with tools from the dealer.

It's really not fair to accuse people of cheating just because they choose to prepare, coordinate, and spend T-cash. (Of course there are cheats out there but the majority of people who speed race aren't among them)

It's not only not fair, but also simply wrong in the majority of situations - well explained, JJ, and saying it with these / more examples might help understand, hopefully.

It's still fascinating to WATCH it (when my Coop partners work with preparation). I'm in awe how fast they can be. Sometimes just with the right choices in advance (in a bigger Coop it is probably easier to distribute tasks). It isn't so surprising then, that someone who watches from outside only, doesn't understand it.
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-17-2019 at 10:44 PM. Reason: a wrong word :)

I think as well you have to add hopping into the equation here. It is clear that some hoppers start a regatta season with enough boosters, gems and T cash to get them through the whole season very quickly.

And I'm not criticizing hoppers, just pointing out it does help people to speed race if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Cole-Smith View Post
    I need someone to please explain how a team of 4 can complete 6 tasks each at 135 points each on the first day of the regatta in less than 12 hours ??!!! Isn’t this called cheating ?
    Only six? That's easy if you are well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Jommeke View Post
    Only six? That's easy if you are well prepared.
    Isn't that pretty lucky to get 24 tasks of 135 of the precise ones needed?

I miss the good old days when we had to race against the current both ways and still place in the top 3, deleting tasks below 125.

Six months ago I didn't think it was possible to complete a race in two days with a perfect score. But after using some strategies we have learned on various forums we regularly do that now. It is challenging. You have to communicate and play as a team. We all prep as many things in our factories as we can, some things appear more than once as a task so if your teammates get one before you do it will probably come up again. Sometimes what you prep never comes up you just save it for the next week. We all send ships with ingots to different islands so at least one of us is ready to take the task. A couple members finish faster so once they are done the rest can get more tasks.
    We coordinate which tasks no one wants and dump those. We dump a lot of tasks.
    We sometimes screw up and someone will take a low point task by mistake...I call that hitting the reef and that person has to clean the barnacles off the boat. We have figured out how to do a fast race and enjoy doing it.
    Don't give up it is possible.

Game has seasonal tasks so we get the same thing over and over. Coin tasks are great if you put on generous customer to maximize helicopter coin. We complain about the same stuff over and over and game developers ignore us. We are a 2 person gold team so have to do all 135s to stay in league. I like my town so will stay with it, but am spending less and less money as I am becoming more frustrated.