Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left my co op and can't join a new one

Left my co op and can't join a new one

Hi

I left my old co op and do not seem to be able to join a new one - I click on join and it spins for a second and that's it - Any ideas? (I have only been in one co op so should not be a waiting time)

Mesa az
    I know there is a time limit to join another one

Oh right, I thought that only applied if you have been in a few co ops - does anyone know what the waiting time is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rednut View Post
    I left my old co op and do not seem to be able to join a new one - I click on join and it spins for a second and that's it - Any ideas? (I have only been in one co op so should not be a waiting time)
    Hi Rednut,

the Wiki has a list here - scroll down to "penalty for...":

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Co-op

and/but I remember from lately, when I was testing something, that I was told somehow - by a window or sentence - I would have to wait 5 minutes. So your spinning reaction doesn't sound normal to me; the game usually tells you, if it knows what the problem is.
    That means I would also expect an explanation from the game, if you tried to enter a closed Coop or something like that. Did you check its status?
    Easiest way is when you are invited. Then also waiting times don't apply.
    Besides, with leaving only 1 Coop yet, you're right that you shouldn't have a waiting time, if the Wiki is correct.

Try again, and if an open Coop doesn't let you in, you probably should report it. (For a Coop "by request" you must do something which I just have forgotten, lol. - dread? Bess? Nevada?)
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-29-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    (For a Coop "by request" you must do something which I just have forgotten, lol. - dread? Bess? Nevada?)
    I’m last?
    ;D

Whenever you leave a co-op, you get a time penalty before you can join a different co-op.
    This starts at 5 minutes, and can go up to 2 hours, depending on how many times you’ve left a co-op recently.
    When you go to “join” a new co-op, the join button will be greyed out, and when you click on it you’ll get a very brief, very easy to miss message pop up (typically right under your hand where you can’t see it, (especially playing on a phone/smaller screen), saying that you are unable to join a co-op and to try again in (X) time.

It doesn’t matter if the co-op is “closed”, “by request” or “open”. The way to get around it is to have someone in that co-op send you an invite. An invite into a co-op bypasses the time penalty and lets you straight in.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I’m last?
    ;D
    lol, I just knew you'd notice! yes, Queen mum is asked last. ;-D

you’ll get a very brief, very easy to miss message pop up (typically right under your hand where you can’t see it, (especially playing on a phone/smaller screen),
    LOL! - so it's not 0 minutes (i.e. no penalty) after leaving the first/only one Coop (as the Wiki says)? I really couldn't remember how it works.

no it's been days and I can't join, it's an open co op and I dont seem able to send a message either

also no message pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Rednut View Post
    no it's been days and I can't join, it's an open co op and I dont seem able to send a message either
    ? send which message to whom..?

Btw, did
    you try several? and did you try to build your own?
    if you're standing in front of a closed door of an open Coop (and are not trying impossible things, like finding a Windows Coop with an Android device or something like that), I don't have an idea why this could happen and would report it ingame, as said above. Did you try that already, too?

yes i've tried several and not got a closed door - can't message a friend in game to request an invite and I am playing on a Mac - all updates are done too. I can't report in game as my Mac doesn't support the messaging facility in game.