Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    What I really wish though is that I had the wonderful stories you have created for your areas, like your mermaids & the witches school of magic. It makes everything seem more mystical & romantic
    true, and ooh... maybe SumSum can find a story for (parts of) your town

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Now that would be awesome
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Now that would be awesome
    *G* Ok, so I hope you'll like this one:.

There's a small town in the Township universe called Downton (#WRY74Y). Everyone who visits that town is totally enchanted by the little wonders that can be found all over the place.
    There are a lot of funny animal statues, some even with fountains coming out of their heads, a bunny village with mechanical bunny puppets moving around, a haunted house flanked by pumpkin carriages, a water castle with two glassy deer that keep watch on the shore, a mechanical dinosaur and many many other things. But what most of the visitors don't know is, why there are so many fascinating things in that town....

Over 50 years ago a shepherd and his family came to Downton and the shepherd said: " This is a wonderful place to stay." The family moved into a small red house near today's bunny village. Infront of the house was an old mouldered bridge that led to an island. The island was wild and overgrown. No-one has set a food on that island for a long long time, because rumours say that the old house on the island was cursed and full of ghosts. But the shepherd doesn't care about the rumours. He built the stables for his sheep on that island and repaired the old bridge. The shepherd was technically gifted and a very creative person, so he not only rebuilded the bridge, but made it look like a fruity-fun-walk-way to enlighten his children.
    After the bridge was done his wife said: "Darling, I know you don't care about the rumours, but the house on the island looks scary and it's frightening our children."
    So the shepherd took his tools and went to work...after he was done, the old house was no longer grey with dead looking windows. The whole building was shining in a bright purple colour with cleaned windows and a fixed roof. To complete the fairytale look he built two pumpkin carriages that stand beside the house. His children were no longer scared by the house and so were the other people of the town. More and more people came to visit the purple haunted house.
    Two years later his youngest daughter was so very very sad, when she found out that easter bunnys don't really exist, that he began to build a bunny village behind the family's house, with mechanical bunnys that are moving around all over the place. This bunny village was a huge attraction and it wasn't the last of his inventions. The shepherd created many many other awesome things that could be found everywhere in Downton.
    Over the years his inventions got famous far beyond the borders of Downton and so Downtons inhabitants decided to create a monument to honour their beloved inventor. They placed 8 big sheep statues around the train station, that every visitor should recognise immediately when entering the town.

So take your time an visit Downton to have a look at all the amazing creations of the old shepherd

ETA: The shepherd is old now, but he still lives in the small red house near the bunny village together with his wife. So if you like you can visit them and have a tasty cup of tea in their kitchen.
    Last edited by SumSum; 02-04-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    Towns:
    Summerville, Lvl 107, Android, #NEWFJ6
    Sunnyside , Lvl 66, iOS, #RPM9GN
    Sunshine Valley , Lvl 45, Kindle, #RPM9GN

of course, we have to wait for Downton's assessment, but from me already... ROFL! SumSum, wunderbar, such an 'overall' story! I knew you can do it!!

(ich würde nur hier mal noch ein G in der Brücke spendieren: "and repaired the old bride" -- I love typos, that give a new meaning )

of course, we have to wait for Downton's assessment, but from me already... ROFL! SumSum, wunderbar, such an 'overall' story! I knew you can do it!!

(ich würde nur hier mal noch ein G in der Brücke spendieren: "and repaired the old bride" -- I love typos, that give a new meaning )
    *G* repairing the bride *LOL* Thanks for the hint _DD_
    Towns:

Wow, I love it SumSum!

It made me smile and chuckle a bit. I don't know how you managed to weave all of my town into the story,but you did

It will be great to build on this story in my town when I add decorations, so much more fun!

Thank you so much, did I say I love it?

ETA Thanks DD for the idea of SumSum creating a story for my town
    Last edited by Downton; 02-04-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    *LOL* Thanks for the hint _DD_
    anytime - still giggling.

It will be great to build on this story in my town when I add decorations, so much more fun!

I'm so glad SumSum felt like doing it right away - I thought someone with such creative fantasy in them must have enough for "more of it"

and... <serious look> ... you are aware that - for example - you canNOT take away the 8 big sheep in any further development anymore?!
    (I love that explanation! lol)
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-04-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: had to add some giggles, of course

Wow, I love it SumSum!

It made me smile and chuckle a bit. I don't know how you managed to weave all of my town into the story,but you did

I'm happy that you like the story Downton
    It was a pleasure to write it.

....I thought someone with such creative fantasy in them must have enough for "more of it"
    Thanks a lot for the compliment _DD_ :-*
    Last edited by SumSum; 02-04-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    Towns:

I'm so glad SumSum felt like doing it right away - I thought someone with such creative fantasy in them must have enough for "more of it"

and... <serious look> ... you are aware that - for example - you canNOT take away the 8 big sheep in any further development anymore?!
    (I love that explanation! lol)
    Me too, I did not expect to find a story for my town waiting for me. SumSum is some kind of creative genius
    ROFL, yes the sheep are now a permanent feature, they are only allowed to increase in numbers. Now stop giving me the <serious look> you're scaring me

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    I'm happy that you like the story Downton
    It was a pleasure to write it.
    I'm pleased you enjoyed writing it SumSum. It was very kind of you thanks again. I actually like my town more already, and the shepherd & his wife have become firm friends with the mayor

ROFL, yes the sheep are now a permanent feature, they are only allowed to increase in numbers. Now stop giving me the <serious look> you're scaring me
    LOL, sorry! but glad to see it worked... so far/till now.