Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Have You Played?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    The OP doesn't mind at all! This is the Discussions Forum after all!

As DD said, you can click the "+" sign on any reply to multi-quote (as I just did). Once you have selected all of the replies you want to quote, you will hit the "Reply With Quote" button as you normally would to quote and the replies you have selected will be quoted in your text. DD may have explained this better

I have always wondered how you start a new thread with a quote, like DD did here. That I do not know!
    thanks Johnalex! For so graciously allowing your thread to be a classroom as well! Very kind of you!
    I’m glad you learned a new trick too! I do Appreciate the help from you both! I felt pretty ridiculous though because I had tried clicking those “+” and I saw a ck mark appear but nothing happened so, I figured hmmmmm maybe thats how you subscribed to an individual post rather than an entire thread or maybe how you flag the posts in a thread you wanted to locate again more easily but, I could never locate the folder it was moving them to! Ahh! LOL! LOL! LOL! What a goof! Now, maybe I will venture over to the newcomers area and start a practice thread for newbies to practice posting using all high tech buttons lol!!!

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa’s Land View Post
    thanks Johnalex! For so graciously allowing your thread to be a classroom as well! Very kind of you!
    I’m glad you learned a new trick too! I do Appreciate the help from you both! I felt pretty ridiculous though because I had tried clicking those “+” and I saw a ck mark appear but nothing happened so, I figured hmmmmm maybe thats how you subscribed to an individual post rather than an entire thread or maybe how you flag the posts in a thread you wanted to locate again more easily but, I could never locate the folder it was moving them to! Ahh! LOL! LOL! LOL! What a goof! Now, maybe I will venture over to the newcomers area and start a practice thread for newbies to practice posting using all high tech buttons lol!!!
    I used to be a newbie too! DD and a couple others had to explain to me how to "link" things! You can use my threads to practice if you want I used to think some of the features like linking things was reserved for the moderators, then I saw DD linking things and I got super confused LOL

The OP doesn't mind at all! This is the Discussions Forum after all!
    Good to know But even then, the threads have a topic description in the subject/title for a reason, and going too far off topic is frowned upon also, cos it's annoying for "target-oriented" readers.

As DD said, you can click the "+" sign on any reply to multi-quote (as I just did). .... DD may have explained this better
    No, just differently, as you may have noticed, if you read it.
    I got the procedure with the "Reply to thread"-button either from vBulletin's Help pages (when they still published them on the webpages with their forum SW) OR from trying, when none of the other Reply-buttons worked (that might have changed, obviously).

And I'll dare to give another hint to think about at least, while we are at these How-To-explanations and 'traditions' (or netiquette): I'd suggest not to get used to quote SEVEN full posts fully -- esp. my long one (and by someone who has 13 lines of text in his signature alone, as opposed to much less lines of text -- which is allowed! but just saying) -- just to confirm that one can quote "several" posts. This is not about how you 'like to do it', but from times when Internet connection and downloading stuff costed by the minute, and for lots of ppl there are still data volume to be considered. And what ppl want (not) to re-read, esp. if they visit several places.

I have always wondered how you start a new thread with a quote, like DD did here. That I do not know!
    Bolding by me -- I hope that "not" is a typo for "now", as I thought I had explained it above?

The thread you are referring to could have been done that way, yes - but it was not started by me, but a Mod moved it out of the original thread (where the donut-discussion seemed off-topic to some). As I had replied to the original poster of the original thread in my post, I certainly wouldn't have started a new thread for an answer to him. That's why I added there a link back to the OP -- but the OP didn't come back anyway (well, so much for the efforts and joy of helping).
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-04-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Good to know But even then, the threads have a topic description in the subject/title for a reason, and going too far off topic is frowned upon also, cos it's annoying for "target-oriented" readers.

No, just differently, as you may have noticed, if you read it.
    I got the procedure with the "Reply to thread"-button either from vBulletin's Help pages (when they still published them on the webpages with their forum SW) OR from trying, when none of the other Reply-buttons worked (that might have changed, obviously).

And I'll dare to give another hint to think about at least, while we are at these How-To-explanations and 'traditions' (or netiquette): I'd suggest not to get used to quote SEVEN full posts fully -- esp. my long one (and by someone who has 13 lines of text in his signature alone, as opposed to much less lines of text -- which is allowed! but just saying) -- just to confirm that one can quote "several" posts. This is not about how you 'like to do it', but from times when Internet connection and downloading stuff costed by the minute, and for lots of ppl there are still data volume to be considered. And what ppl want (not) to re-read, esp. if they visit several places.

Bolding by me -- I hope that "not" is a typo for "now", as I thought I had explained it above?

The thread you are referring to could have been done that way, yes - but it was not started by me, but a Mod moved it out of the original thread (where the donut-discussion seemed off-topic to some). As I had replied to the original poster of the original thread in my post, I certainly wouldn't have started a new thread for an answer to him. That's why I added there a link back to the OP -- but the OP didn't come back anyway (well, so much for the efforts and joy of helping).
    I think this thread has pretty much died off, or is dying off so I don't think being off-topic will effect much. Plus, if someone wants/needs to learn, I will frown upon anyone who frowns upon it. Unless the topic is serious, I don't see an issue with it.

And no, the "not" was not a typo. I don't understand how to do it as it was very hard for me to follow what you were discussing (not due to how you presented it, but due to my short attention span). But reading that a mod did it makes me less curious as how to do it. I hope they don't do it here, Id hate it (and when I hate something, I will be vocal). I will reread your original reply explaining it and see if I can learn how to do it (even though I most likely will never have a reason to do so lol)

ETA - That was easy to read, so I must've been sidetracked to not notice how easy that was lol. We need an experiment section for these forums! I've been here on these forums for 2 years and still don't know all the tricks here
    Last edited by Johnalex Zarco; 02-04-2019 at 09:30 AM.

I think this thread has pretty much died off, or is dying off so I don't think being off-topic will effect much. Plus, if someone wants/needs to learn, I will frown upon anyone who frowns upon it. Unless the topic is serious, I don't see an issue with it.
    Yep, just keep in mind that being the OP doesn't mean you "own" the thread (unless it's your forum, too <g>) and can't really allow or forbid anything of the 'distractions' that were mentioned here (going off topic, complaining about it, bringing back on topic, etc., and of course Mod actions). Also 'serious' certainly has a different meaning for different ppl.

And no, the "not" was not a typo. I don't understand how to do it as it was very hard for me to follow what you were discussing (not due to how you presented it, but due to my short attention span).
    ah OK, sorry - it's the first checklist in my post here, where we talked about the OP, numbered 1 + 2 + 3. Can't explain it any shorter.
    You can just test it in the Lounge, and then even delete your post/thread, when it worked.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Yep, just keep in mind that being the OP doesn't mean you "own" the thread (unless it's your forum, too <g>) and can't really allow or forbid anything of the 'distractions' that were mentioned here (going off topic, complaining about it, bringing back on topic, etc., and of course Mod actions). Also 'serious' certainly has a different meaning for different ppl.

ah OK, sorry - it's the first checklist in my post here, where we talked about the OP, numbered 1 + 2 + 3. Can't explain it any shorter.
    You can just test it in the Lounge, and then even delete your post/thread, when it worked.
    True, I forgot everyone has different meanings of words that otherwise shouldn't and that the OP is just the figurehead of the post and has no real power.

And I didn't think of that last part

I believe I was one of the first players. Played it for about a year, then suddenly lost interest in it. Back then there was no zoo at all, definitely not as many houses, factories and buildings.
    After leaving it for about three years, I came back to playing it. Somehow Township disregards my lengthy absence, so recently I was given the 5-year statue and 50 T-cash (definitely not complaining about that!). Now still playing it, have a long way to go. I think this is one of those rare games that manages to last this long. Hopefully it can continue.

4th year

Not a bad take!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    Not a bad take!
    Congratulations MissWilliamston & happy 4th Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    Not a bad take!
    Congrats, MissW!