Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Have You Played?

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Also DD - the answer to your question above is champagne AND cake!!!
    LOL, of course! so...

first glass is for Nana + cake comes in a moment!
    and the other longtimer (also in the forum!) we've heard of, Graylady!
    (the T means Township, of course)

and Pink!
    and Cobalt, albeit MIA at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Happy 3 year anniversary DD & cdosr!! Agree with Nana, you both help make this forum a fun and useful place to come.
    I have been playing for 451 days, started the game on 6th November 2017.
    and Charlie and everyone else who wants to join in! Many thanks, Downton! we're celebrating your days of being mayor as well, if anyone can do the math (years-wise)! *G*

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I got you a cake from IKEA

Attachment 37770
    ROFL, Charlie! how ...uhm, nice of you, thanks! I've made THIS of it:

and then we check out our new avi pics...

well, re the pic... it looks different, I know - maybe we wait a bit, till the perspectives change...

in any case, we're having fun! (and that means, NOT looking at the new zoo... )

Last edited by _DD_; 01-31-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: this little piece of art took a moment... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa az View Post
    Started playing about 2 months or so give it take. Lol 56 already love this game! Got a lot of the museum collections done you know where you collect 1 and 2 got a few achievements done
    Awesome! I wish I could've advanced that fast!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I didn't need to write and ask - on January 29th I got my 3 years-addition for the BFF (?I think?) fountain from Playrix.
    so, started my town in January 2016 and remember that I joined the forum approx. in March 2016.
    (the July-date shown here is due to a bad forum-crash at that time)
    Wow, we have the same anniversary. I got my 3-year statue update, an avatar, and 30T on Jan 29th too. Happy Anniversary to Us!
    Happy 3rd Anniversary of Townshipping Cdosr and _DD_!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Wow DD, you really know how to throw a party!!!
    Looks like we need this new factory after all

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Happy 3rd Anniversary of Townshipping Cdosr and _DD_!
    Johnalex!

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Looks like we need this new factory after all
    I thought the same!

I started playing December 14th of last year so just over a year now
    Town: Truli
    Level: 146
    Co-op Leader: Unsinkable #UNS6W2
    Platform: Kindle Fire

oh, fun, yes! to us!

what was it you liked better, champagne or cake ?
    off topic question...(s)..hope you don’t mind......first....where do you get those fun emojis? And next, I see people posting one reply to several posts. Is there somewhere that explains how to do this? I’m totally new to any forum but I am finally learning a little more each day how to navigate around in here lol.....I like it more and more! and also....I see in the lower left corner of all posts a “reply” and a “reply with quote”, I Get how those work but what does the other “+. For?

Thanks!
    LaLa’s Land
    Playing Township since August, 2018

Hi LaLa,

I'm not good at maths, but that seems to be more than one question ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa’s Land View Post
    off topic question...(s)..hope you don’t mind......
    I don't, but the OP (original poster) might - in such a case, just do it a little differently (as hint, not a rule) - start as you did here:

1. Click on "reply with quote", then cut it out and cancel this reply.
    2. Start a new thread in the subforum where it belongs.
    3. Paste your cut-out quote into that and start asking

Here you don't have a subforum for forum-related questions, not an open one anyway, so I could only think of the Lounge.
    Maybe one of our Mods will move it there

A definite advantage of taking some quoted text with you is that the reader can click on the 2 white arrows in the blue box next to the name of the quoted person and will be transported to their original post.
    That's also the reason why you don't need to quote ALL text, or not all at once.
    And quoting also helps, if someone has posted in between, while you were typing -- I suggest NOT to rely on 'oh, the other post is just above mine'. Also, cos this forum has different Display options, but that's for another day

first....where do you get those fun emojis?
    In this case, http://www.sherv.net/

A hint: dunno on which device you are, but on Android (tablet) you should get the graphics link - of ANY graphic here - by clicking on it, either with the mouse (try right button for a whole menu) on the PC, or tapping with your finger on mobile. IIRC, holding your finger a bit longer should also open a menu, for copying link or for opening in new window, etc (can't check, am on the PC right now).

And next, I see people posting one reply to several posts. Is there somewhere that explains how to do this? I’m totally new to any forum but I am finally learning a little more each day how to navigate around in here lol.....I like it more and more! and also....I see in the lower left corner of all posts a “reply” and a “reply with quote”, I Get how those work but what does the other “+. For?
    The explanation to one answers your other question - it's the Plus-sign.

First, there is general info about the Forum in "Forum Rules & Information" -- go to the very top of this forum, out of Township forum, still 'higher' - yes, Here. (try to find out how to open it in new tab, so you can continue reading here)

There are a lot of How-To's for the forum (not the game), posted by Anna, one of the Playrix Admins.
    There's your reading for the next days, if you like, to check whether you found out all already.
    And btw, getting to know the general structure of a forum is also helpful for you, always.

Now you go first to "Reply to a Thread" -- at the moment, I just want to show you a screenshot there, as explanation for us.
    Scroll down in that post to the last picture, where Liza M is shown and the "Reply with Quote" is explained.

In that screenshot you see the Plus-sign at bottom right, which you asked about, right? it belongs together with the little speech bubble there. For some reason, it is not explained in that post...
    Anyway, if you have a mouse you can hover over it (or if you know how to do that on a mobile thingie) - in the forum, somewhere in a thread where you COULD reply to several posts, not in that closed Admin-post! - it says "Multi-Quote This Message". And although I find this labelling a bit misleading, that is how you quote two or more posts in one reply and answer to them:

1. You click on that symbol (either speech-bubble or plus-sign, doesn't matter) in every post you want to reply to.
      The Plus-sign changes to a Checkmark then.
    2. When done, you click on the blue button "+ Reply to Thread" -- it's below the posts, bottom left of the page, above the "Quick reply"-box -- see the plus-sign in its 'title' again!?
      That will copy the two or more posts as quoted text into the "Quick reply"-box.
      And you can go on from there with your replies - to add your text, shorten the quotes, take them apart, whatever.

Just make sure that every quote starts with the text [ QUOTE] (=quote in brackets) and ends with [ /QUOTE] (=quote in brackets with leading slash) -- you can also type* these manually, if they get lost/overwritten, which happens sometimes to newcomers, it seems.
      * without the blanks; they are just here so you can see them at all
      Or use the Speechbubble-icon from the Edit-menu-bar above the post: mark/highlight your text and click on the icon, voilà, a quote. It doesn't add any names of quoted persons then, of course.
      quote symbol.jpg

Aren't you just glad you asked.... *g*

Thanks!
    and you're welcome
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-03-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Hi LaLa,

and you're welcome
    Oh Wow! So, the answer really was, in the question lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to share all that. And yes, I am glad I asked (sorry to put you through all that, lucky you huh!) but it is ALL very helpful for me! I really do appreciate it AND you did a great job Keeping all that info in easy to understand in step by step format! (even a completely green newbie can follow) that sounds pretty simple! I have looked through several threads but never stumbled on any of these links you gave! so again thank you.!
    LaLa’s Land
    Playing Township since August, 2018

Oh Wow! So, the answer really was, in the question lol! ...
    lol, yes, so to speak.
    (I forgot to say: like I did here, make it visible, when you delete parts from someone else's text. I forget it sometimes, too, but it's considered good manners in most fora/netiquette)

Happy to hear it helps and you liked the format You're welcome again and thanks for saying thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa az View Post
    Started playing about 2 months or so give it take. Lol 56 already love this game! Got a lot of the museum collections done you know where you collect 1 and 2 got a few achievements done
    I didn't need to write and ask - on January 29th I got my 3 years-addition for the BFF (?I think?) fountain from Playrix.
    so, started my town in January 2016 and remember that I joined the forum approx. in March 2016.
    (the July-date shown here is due to a bad forum-crash at that time)
    Wow, we have the same anniversary. I got my 3-year statue update, an avatar, and 30T on Jan 29th too. Happy Anniversary to Us!
    off topic question...(s)..hope you don’t mind......first....where do you get those fun emojis? And next, I see people posting one reply to several posts. Is there somewhere that explains how to do this? I’m totally new to any forum but I am finally learning a little more each day how to navigate around in here lol.....I like it more and more! and also....I see in the lower left corner of all posts a “reply” and a “reply with quote”, I Get how those work but what does the other “+. For?

Thanks!
    Hi LaLa,

I'm not good at maths, but that seems to be more than one question ;-D

I don't, but the OP (original poster) might - in such a case, just do it a little differently (as hint, not a rule) - start as you did here:

1. Click on "reply with quote", then cut it out and cancel this reply.
    2. Start a new thread in the subforum where it belongs.
    3. Paste your cut-out quote into that and start asking

Here you don't have a subforum for forum-related questions, not an open one anyway, so I could only think of the Lounge.
    Maybe one of our Mods will move it there

A definite advantage of taking some quoted text with you is that the reader can click on the 2 white arrows in the blue box next to the name of the quoted person and will be transported to their original post.
    That's also the reason why you don't need to quote ALL text, or not all at once.
    And quoting also helps, if someone has posted in between, while you were typing -- I suggest NOT to rely on 'oh, the other post is just above mine'. Also, cos this forum has different Display options, but that's for another day

In this case, http://www.sherv.net/

A hint: dunno on which device you are, but on Android (tablet) you should get the graphics link - of ANY graphic here - by clicking on it, either with the mouse (try right button for a whole menu) on the PC, or tapping with your finger on mobile. IIRC, holding your finger a bit longer should also open a menu, for copying link or for opening in new window, etc (can't check, am on the PC right now).

The explanation to one answers your other question - it's the Plus-sign.

First, there is general info about the Forum in "Forum Rules & Information" -- go to the very top of this forum, out of Township forum, still 'higher' - yes, Here. (try to find out how to open it in new tab, so you can continue reading here)

There are a lot of How-To's for the forum (not the game), posted by Anna, one of the Playrix Admins.
    There's your reading for the next days, if you like, to check whether you found out all already.
    And btw, getting to know the general structure of a forum is also helpful for you, always.

Now you go first to "Reply to a Thread" -- at the moment, I just want to show you a screenshot there, as explanation for us.
    Scroll down in that post to the last picture, where Liza M is shown and the "Reply with Quote" is explained.

In that screenshot you see the Plus-sign at bottom right, which you asked about, right? it belongs together with the little speech bubble there. For some reason, it is not explained in that post...
    Anyway, if you have a mouse you can hover over it (or if you know how to do that on a mobile thingie) - in the forum, somewhere in a thread where you COULD reply to several posts, not in that closed Admin-post! - it says "Multi-Quote This Message". And although I find this labelling a bit misleading, that is how you quote two or more posts in one reply and answer to them:

1. You click on that symbol (either speech-bubble or plus-sign, doesn't matter) in every post you want to reply to.
      The Plus-sign changes to a Checkmark then.
    2. When done, you click on the blue button "+ Reply to Thread" -- it's below the posts, bottom left of the page, above the "Quick reply"-box -- see the plus-sign in its 'title' again!?
      That will copy the two or more posts as quoted text into the "Quick reply"-box.
      And you can go on from there with your replies - to add your text, shorten the quotes, take them apart, whatever.

Just make sure that every quote starts with the text [ QUOTE] (=quote in brackets) and ends with [ /QUOTE] (=quote in brackets with leading slash) -- you can also type* these manually, if they get lost/overwritten, which happens sometimes to newcomers, it seems.
      * without the blanks; they are just here so you can see them at all
      Or use the Speechbubble-icon from the Edit-menu-bar above the post: mark/highlight your text and click on the icon, voilà, a quote. It doesn't add any names of quoted persons then, of course.
      quote symbol.jpg

and you're welcome
    Oh Wow! So, the answer really was, in the question lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to share all that. And yes, I am glad I asked (sorry to put you through all that, lucky you huh!) but it is ALL very helpful for me! I really do appreciate it AND you did a great job Keeping all that info in easy to understand in step by step format! (even a completely green newbie can follow) that sounds pretty simple! I have looked through several threads but never stumbled on any of these links you gave! so again thank you.!
    lol, yes, so to speak.
    (I forgot to say: like I did here, make it visible, when you delete parts from someone else's text. I forget it sometimes, too, but it's considered good manners in most fora/netiquette)

Happy to hear it helps and you liked the format You're welcome again and thanks for saying thank you!
    The OP doesn't mind at all! This is the Discussions Forum after all!

As DD said, you can click the "+" sign on any reply to multi-quote (as I just did). Once you have selected all of the replies you want to quote, you will hit the "Reply With Quote" button as you normally would to quote and the replies you have selected will be quoted in your text. DD may have explained this better

I have always wondered how you start a new thread with a quote, like DD did here. That I do not know!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV