Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Q’s: coins, co-op, zoo

Random Q’s: coins, co-op, zoo

What earns more coins? Helicopter or helping co-op members?
    Is it worth ignoring regattas in order to focus on your town? To save Tcash for your town etc.? Or is it more beneficial to be “all in” with the co-op stuff. I am finding myself spending all my time, items and Tcash on helping co-op members and doing the regattas and I wonder if I am progressing more slowly as a result...

Also, does anyone ignore their zoo? If so, does it effect other aspects of the game?

Those are a lot of questions without an easy and straightforward answer. The game can be played in many ways, and there is no wrong way to play it. It depends a lot on your own personal play style, and what your goals are.
    I would first recommend to read this thread, where experienced players already shared their strategies and tips, and you'll already find in there varied answers to your questions.
    If you still have questions after reading it, feel free to ask again.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thank you dreadnought for the reply and for sharing the link. I have looked through many of those pages, which are very helpful. I do find that my questions are pretty specific. There are 3 primary questions. Allow me to reword to be more clear:
    1) Do people find that they earn higher coin value per good by using helicopter or by helping other players? It seems to me like individual goods might earn less when giving than when selling by helicopter, but am not sure...

2) Do people find that it is important to maintain a balance between operating/developing town and co-op operations vs. having a complete focus/commitment to co-op?

3) Do people find that operating and developing their zoo is a necessary part of the game? I wonder if a) ignoring the zoo hurts other aspects of the game, or b) if participating in zoo maintenance/development aids in other aspects of the game. I wonder this mostly because building materials are so hard to come by, and so I find myself not wanting to use them to build enclosures. And I also find myself disappointed when my rewards are animal cards instead of items to help with coin/Tcash accumulation and developing my town.

Those are a lot of questions without an easy and straightforward answer. The game can be played in many ways, and there is no wrong way to play it. It depends a lot on your own personal play style, and what your goals are.

1) That would largely depend on what products are involved, how upgraded they are, what the coin to xp ratio is.

2) That would largely depend on what sort of player you are, what your personal focus is, and what sort of co-op you end up with.

3) That would largely depend on how much you care about the zoo, whether you want to get going on it straight away, or if you want to progress your town first.

Islands, for example. Islands are crucial to the game, the island products go on to create many other products, or fill tasks/orders in their own right.
    I reached the level for the last two islands months ago; still haven’t opened either of them, just the first two. Mr N has only opened the first one. Others make islands a priority.

So many ways to play this game.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1225 View Post
    What earns more coins? Helicopter or helping co-op members?
    Is it worth ignoring regattas in order to focus on your town? To save Tcash for your town etc.? Or is it more beneficial to be “all in” with the co-op stuff. I am finding myself spending all my time, items and Tcash on helping co-op members and doing the regattas and I wonder if I am progressing more slowly as a result...

Also, does anyone ignore their zoo? If so, does it effect other aspects of the game?
    In the near 3 years I've played this game, here is what I have learned:
    1. Helicopter. Unless you help 100+ people a day, helicopter orders will get you more coins faster.
    2. If you are a low-level player, I would definitely focus more on your town than on the regatta. It isn't THAT important, unless you enjoy competing a lot. Once you have hit your desired level, THEN you can become "more" involved in the regatta. Im not saying you shouldn't help and do the regatta, just that you might want to focus a little more on building up your town. I am level 61 now and am not very competitive in the regattas.
    3. People still use the zoo, especially now after the update (from what I have thus read. I largely ignored the zoo until the update, occasionally selling extra products I had that I didn't need that happened to be "hot" items. Idk about after the new zoo update, but I know that ignoring the zoo prior to it wouldn't have caused muh of a problem. I made it to level 61 barely using it.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Thank you Johnalex! That’s exactly the sort of feedback I was hoping for
    I am level 37, so not super low level but I haven’t been playing long (just a month) and think I got there pretty quickly. I feel like my town has some catching up to do... I need to expand my land, open up the second island and get the buildings built!
    I think I’m in a good co-op for the time being because myself and a few others help each other a lot and participate in regattas but many of the members also don’t, which seems to be okay with everyone and keeps it low pressure.

Thank you, Nevada. That’s interesting about coin to xp ratio...I’m curious about that. I’m not sure what you mean about how upgraded items are- or maybe you just mean the more advanced items?
    Also good to know about the islands!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1225 View Post
    Thank you, Nevada. That’s interesting about coin to xp ratio...I’m curious about that. I’m not sure what you mean about how upgraded items are- or maybe you just mean the more advanced items?
    Also good to know about the islands!
    What level is the academy of industry unlocked, someone? Brain currently fried...

Once you unlock that, you can start using Ingots to upgrade your factories, in stages. And trains, and islands.

Most people will recommend trains, feed mills, bakery/dairy/sugar first, then go from there.

Depending what level you’re on, (in the academy), you can upgrade one of two choices between coins, xp, and time (factories and trains). Twice, you get the opportunity to add extra shelves (so you can have 8 factory shelves total).

If you want more coin, upgrade coin, more xp, xp. Depending on what you’ve upgraded, your offers will be different.

I’m doing five things at once, sorry, someone, or me, will come along and explain better.

Definitely stick around here though. You learn a loooot from these fab folk. The Township Wiki is also great for finding out how many materials you’ll need for buildings, what levels things happen, etc.

Here is some light reading if you get time to browse.
    Last edited by Nevada; 01-26-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    What level is the academy of industry unlocked, someone? .
    level 22, the Wiki says, so Anne probably has it at lvl 37. Anne..?
    (lol, Nevada, dread had given the link already - busy you are, eh? - but your own text is a good explanation IMO also)

Anne, the link to the Wiki is in Nevada's signature. In case you didn't read there already, the intros are quite helpful.

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Academy_of_Industry

And upgrading the factories is a science per se, apart from what you can upgrade anyway (the order of coin/xp/time per level). Get the shelves. Upgrading for time makes sense, if you can play often during the day. Many have said here, they should have upgraded XP LESS than they did - one advances too fast. And so on
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-26-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: d*ng autocorrect

Personally, I feel the regatta has helped my town more than solo play. I end up a bit aimless when I'm not planning for tasks and since all the tasks help my game, send helis, send trains, play HOL, mine, AND THEN I get rewards at the end of the week for things I would've been doing anyway. It may be a bit slower than focusing on one thing in my town, but I think it helps build my town in a more well-rounded way. As soon as people start worrying about leveling up faster, I feel they start running into not enough materials, coins or barn space. By the time I level up, I usually have everything I need. (Also, a lot of co-op members will ask for help just to let others get clovers, so don't feel you have to help EVERY request)

On the zoo, I tried it, I really did, and I still don't like it. Yes, all you get from the zoo now is the meager amount of coins and animals cards. IMO, don't worry about your zoo at all, it's basically an expensive decoration.