Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dumping Tasks

  1. #1

    Dumping Tasks

    What effect does dumping tasks have on coop stats/scores? Is there a formula to calculate impact?

  2. #2
    Dumping tasks before you take them has no impact on your regatta racing score, it does impact your co-op GLB score though. Charlie (cdosr) has given a much more in-depth explanation here. Hope this helps

  3. #3

    Dumping Tasks

    Thanks Downtown! I used your link to Charlie and got the detailed explanation I was looking for. Much apprecited!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsoukokey@gmail.com View Post
    Thanks Downtown! I used your link to Charlie and got the detailed explanation I was looking for. Much apprecited!
    You're welcome glad it helped

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    18
    Hi, I'm level 138, play on a kindle, play in a co-op who do 135's and consequently we dump a lot.
    My problem is that every now and again, perhaps once every three months, when I go to dump a task ... I pick it by mistake, it's just happened again at an important moment, I press the blue 'dump' button and the task slowly slips down to the row where tasks are shown as being in progress ! No prompt of ' do you want to take this task' nor ' do you want to dump this task' as in a normal situation. Very disturbing.
    Has anyone else experienced similar situations? Could it happen if you accidentally press both dump and pick buttons at the same time? I'm certainly not going to try it in competition !
    I know the remedy ... only dump tasks when you've picked one, but that doesn't solve the mystery.
    Any ideas would be gratefully received
    Stuville uk

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuville View Post
    Hi, I'm level 138, play on a kindle, play in a co-op who do 135's and consequently we dump a lot.
    My problem is that every now and again, perhaps once every three months, when I go to dump a task ... I pick it by mistake, it's just happened again at an important moment, I press the blue 'dump' button and the task slowly slips down to the row where tasks are shown as being in progress ! No prompt of ' do you want to take this task' nor ' do you want to dump this task' as in a normal situation. Very disturbing.
    Has anyone else experienced similar situations? Could it happen if you accidentally press both dump and pick buttons at the same time? I'm certainly not going to try it in competition !
    I know the remedy ... only dump tasks when you've picked one, but that doesn't solve the mystery.
    Any ideas would be gratefully received
    Stuville uk
    Unfortunately yes, Stu, I've seen it happen also. I too thought only dumping tasks when you're already on with one was a potential solution, until a teammate doing just that found the task they were working on got dumped unfinished instead. I think occasional task-burps like this are just an unavoidable risk we run, tho I do wish Support were aware too, and so a bit less likely to respond to the complaint as if the error was the player's. But then, I guess they can only see what the system shows them - it looks like we did the action deliberately so they assume that's the case.

    Best we can do is to forewarn other players on our teams that it can happen, so there's no personal blame attached when it does, I guess.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    18
    Thanks Bessville, reply appreciated ... I'm not alone in the world after all

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuville View Post
    Thanks Bessville, reply appreciated ... I'm not alone in the world after all
    Nope, you sure aren't

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    18
    I had thought that if I was a distance from my modem, there could be a time delay which could jumble up signals, and thus make an error, but this occasion I was close to my modem.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •