Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Placement of Player Boosters

Quote Originally Posted by skyw75 View Post
    Hi Albert,

this weekend I played a bunch of new levels and I was paying attention to the distribution of the Seahorse boosters.

Indeed, it seems like in majority of levels they are programmed to destroy the formation of in-game boosters at the beginning. I played about 70 levels, restarted them many times and it was happening very consistently (with the exception of one or two levels). It's quite a shame if firecrackers prevent you from forming a nuke or dynamite, it's certainly not a good deal.

I think the only Seahorse booster set that is really useful is the platinum one with two lightnings. It helps to beat most levels on the first attempt and if it's not the case, I don't hesitate spending a few diamonds/boosters to stay at the platinum level. It usually takes quite a few restarts to get the boosters land in good starting position, which is not much fun. Sometimes I find that adding one more booster (a lightning or two bombs) helps to achieve that in some stubborn levels :-)

Getting the ability to place boosters wherever I want would be great. But even getting back the tool to swap any two tiles would suffice for me :-)
    Hi skyw75,

Booster placement by players is a BIG ask, and I doubt if that suggestion will EVER see light of day, but it was worth asking.

Yes, those Seahorse booster placement, in general, are not to player advantage, I’ve done better without them, unless you have Platinum level ofcourse.

I don’t know how you save 70 levels!
    I play the new levels as soon as they come, I guess that’s my mistake, because whenever a comp comes around I end up at a disadvantage as I end up playing treasure chest levels, which lack a lot of the major benefits when playing regular levels.

In treasure chest if you have moves left over, you lose them, if you have boosters on the game, you lose them = no Aqua Splash, no Seahorse, retarded advancement in Aquatasks. Therefore you lose around 50% potency of game benefits, end up dropping like a stone on the leaderboard.

Another major treasure chest disadvantage is that ALL levels are hard, none are easy
    I’ve had good placements in the comps, but only when playing regular levels, or when I do extremely well with Hermann or Bathyscape game levels, winning major booster awards and free game time.

But I’m still able to maintain a top 20 leaderboard position, for now..........

I guess I should learn to save regular game levels in future, but how do you do that?
    Do you just not play the game for a few days or weeks?
    Looking forward to your reply
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 02-05-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Hi Albert,

indeed - I just don't play regular levels for a few weeks (sometimes even for 2 months). I usually wait for a good incentive to play, like earning the seasonal currency (these days it would be Valentine hearts), double coins or if I want to furnish a new fish tank. Thing is, I like to stay in the Ruby league and in order to do that you have to play hard once you join the tournament. If you play just casually (a few levels for fun), chances are you get demoted easily. That's the reason I prefer to have a bunch of regular levels accumulated so I don't have to deal with the Treasure Chest levels (which are, as you mentioned, very difficult and not very rewarding).

Of course, I still play the Hermann levels during the week. BTW, if I want to stay out of a tournament, I just disconnect the device from the internet while I play (turn on flight mode, for example). But sometimes I forget, that's how I got to play the 70 levels last weekend (the last 20 or so were to get to the first place, which was over 14k pearls :-)

Quote Originally Posted by skyw75 View Post
    Hi Albert,

indeed - I just don't play regular levels for a few weeks (sometimes even for 2 months). I usually wait for a good incentive to play, like earning the seasonal currency (these days it would be Valentine hearts), double coins or if I want to furnish a new fish tank. Thing is, I like to stay in the Ruby league and in order to do that you have to play hard once you join the tournament. If you play just casually (a few levels for fun), chances are you get demoted easily. That's the reason I prefer to have a bunch of regular levels accumulated so I don't have to deal with the Treasure Chest levels (which are, as you mentioned, very difficult and not very rewarding).

Of course, I still play the Hermann levels during the week. BTW, if I want to stay out of a tournament, I just disconnect the device from the internet while I play (turn on flight mode, for example). But sometimes I forget, that's how I got to play the 70 levels last weekend (the last 20 or so were to get to the first place, which was over 14k pearls :-)
    Ahhhh!
    So that was you with 14k pearls??

My game play is different, I like to plough on ahead and hope that everything lines up well enough to keep me amused
    But I will try your system one day......

Thanks for the info!

Now I’m on level 3603, and the games have become harder with the introduction of some lotus leaves, I think, which require 2 consecutive hits to open, if you miss the consecutive hits, they close up again!

Last comp I managed 5th position, so I’m happy with that
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 02-07-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Hi Albert,

as they say - whatever floats your boat ;-) Not chasing the last available level also gives me much more free time. I guess I had been spending too much time with Fishdom before I changed the way I play :-)

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Valeriia Fomina View Post
    Hello! Such a great idea, Albert We greatly appreciate that you shared it with us and will consider it in the nearest future Thanks!
    I certainly hope you will do this. I spend MONEY-- NOT diamonds-- to buy bombs, only to have them land in a totally useless area. I will not put any more cash into the game while this practice continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Deet1 View Post
    I certainly hope you will do this. I spend MONEY-- NOT diamonds-- to buy bombs, only to have them land in a totally useless area. I will not put any more cash into the game while this practice continues.
    Deet1,

That post of mine was so long ago
    And still nothing has been done, so I’ve given up hope.....

The facts are that THAT activity is still in practice to this day, even with that Seahorse creature’s boosters.
    In around 60% of cases, those Seahorse boosters do more harm than good.....and in certain game levels, they are designed to land where they absolutely ruin any built in game boosters, without fail.

I’m on level 3690 now, and I have witnessed the above activity on many, many levels.
    So much so, that I had to lose lives in order to LOSE the Seahorse boosters in order to eventually win that level.
    This is NOT ‘fair play’.

I got this far without spending money, so I don’t whinge about above tactics too deeply.
    In the words of Monty Python - I am not worthy Ha!

But you ARE!
    Maybe something will be done, I don’t know.

So here’s hoping that something is done........
    Don’t hold your breath too deeply though...........it’s not worth the pain

Good luck!
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 02-23-2019 at 06:43 PM.