Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Placement of Player Boosters

Placement of Player Boosters

Here is a suggestion, and I feel it is worth consideration by the dev team at Fishdom:

I suggest the dev team to allow players to be able to place their purchased/won/awarded boosters where they like on the game board, with conditions, as per developers assessment.

After all, if the Seahorse can do this, then the players should be able to do this as well.
    It’s a long shot, but I hope this suggestion gets some consideration.

Thanks,

I think that is a great suggestion. The boosters very seldom land where we want them to. We've earned them. We should be able to place them to our best advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lcd View Post
    I think that is a great suggestion. The boosters very seldom land where we want them to. We've earned them. We should be able to place them to our best advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Chehade View Post
    Here is a suggestion, and I feel it is worth consideration by the dev team at Fishdom:

I suggest the dev team to allow players to be able to place their purchased/won/awarded boosters where they like on the game board, with conditions, as per developers assessment.

After all, if the Seahorse can do this, then the players should be able to do this as well.
    It’s a long shot, but I hope this suggestion gets some consideration.

Thanks,
    Hello! Such a great idea, Albert We greatly appreciate that you shared it with us and will consider it in the nearest future Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Valeriia Fomina View Post
    Hello! Such a great idea, Albert We greatly appreciate that you shared it with us and will consider it in the nearest future Thanks!
    Well thank you
    I’m sure other players had the same idea as well, I’m just the voice for all.

There are other Match 3 games that allow placement of players boosters, not many though.
    Bye

I have found recently that the placement of boosters is more problematic than it has ever been. If I choose the dynamite and lightening combo and the lightening booster all together, the software will not place the two lightening boosters together anymore.

If they are close you have to use the hammer or glove to get them next to each other.

Transparent pettiness and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    I have found recently that the placement of boosters is more problematic than it has ever been. If I choose the dynamite and lightening combo and the lightening booster all together, the software will not place the two lightening boosters together anymore.

If they are close you have to use the hammer or glove to get them next to each other.

Transparent pettiness and greed.
    Well, we live in a world of greed now.
    That famous quote from the movie Wall Street (Michael Douglass) “Greed Is Good”
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 02-02-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: no political comments please

I agree with dandelion. When I combine a Lightning Bolt and a Lightning Bolt and Dynamite booster together, I want the 2 Lightning Bolts to be placed next to each other. I usually have to restart the game many times in order to achieve this. Often I have to use a hammer or glove to get them side by side. I've learned not to use another bomb because they usually don't fall as I expect them to. I don't have an excess of boosters, so using 2 bombs at once is a luxury. I wish Fishdom would place our boosters to our best advantage or allow us to place them ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lcd View Post
    I agree with dandelion. When I combine a Lightning Bolt and a Lightning Bolt and Dynamite booster together, I want the 2 Lightning Bolts to be placed next to each other. I usually have to restart the game many times in order to achieve this. Often I have to use a hammer or glove to get them side by side. I've learned not to use another bomb because they usually don't fall as I expect them to. I don't have an excess of boosters, so using 2 bombs at once is a luxury. I wish Fishdom would place our boosters to our best advantage or allow us to place them ourselves.
    Well they’re thinking about it, according to Valeriia.
    So let’s wait and see........

Honestly though, I don’t hold much hope for that request of mine, as it would probably be a time intensive operation for the development team, and it would require a lot more ‘views’ from other players to have any chance of success.

Many times I’ve found that the Seahorse boosters do more harm than good, and after I’ve used them up, I stood a far better chance of winning that level.

Personally, I use a majority of my limited boosters on timed levels and when there is a combo of oil and sap on the game level.
    Other levels I just plough through as best I can.

I’m down to 7th place on the current comp leaderboard, and stuck in Treasure Chest, while the comp leaders are raking it in on regular levels with all the associated privileges.

It’s only a game to pass away time, so I’m not miffed at all.
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 02-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Hi Albert,

this weekend I played a bunch of new levels and I was paying attention to the distribution of the Seahorse boosters.

Indeed, it seems like in majority of levels they are programmed to destroy the formation of in-game boosters at the beginning. I played about 70 levels, restarted them many times and it was happening very consistently (with the exception of one or two levels). It's quite a shame if firecrackers prevent you from forming a nuke or dynamite, it's certainly not a good deal.

I think the only Seahorse booster set that is really useful is the platinum one with two lightnings. It helps to beat most levels on the first attempt and if it's not the case, I don't hesitate spending a few diamonds/boosters to stay at the platinum level. It usually takes quite a few restarts to get the boosters land in good starting position, which is not much fun. Sometimes I find that adding one more booster (a lightning or two bombs) helps to achieve that in some stubborn levels :-)

Getting the ability to place boosters wherever I want would be great. But even getting back the tool to swap any two tiles would suffice for me :-)