Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Restricted from interseasonal race?

  1. #11
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Thanks, NikoelC As frustrating as it is, I would still recommend that Hazeldale continues her ticket, as Pink and I suggested above. Once they recognize it as a coding error, they can change it.


    ETA:
    From the Help article "What are the key features of interseasonal regattas?":

    >> Interseasonal regattas aren’t competitions, so your co-op's progress doesn’t affect your league. You can join regattas any time after they start. <<

    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...sonal-regattas


    When I tested it, the window asked about restricting for the current regatta. So it works like the seasonal regatta, and that is the coding error.

    Please, Hazeldale "must" talk to them again. I wouldn't know the right swear words, if they really extended that (IMO, and as seen here, too) terrible feature.
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-25-2019 at 07:34 AM. Reason: added related Help article

  2. #12
    NikoelC, I tried to make sense out of your observations and the replies from CS and I think I understand what's happening.

    Since her "restricted" status persisted across both leaving / rejoining the co-op and also an uninstall / reinstall on her device, it would seem that there's a flag / piece of data in her actual save game data saying that she's bees restricted from racing. So it's not something stored in the co-op itself and that may be why your view shows her as "racing" but she cannot.

    Also, I just noted that they changed the wording of the setting for participation. It used to say "Participate in Regatta". Now it says "Take Part in Seasonal Regatta". The answers you got from CS make sense *if* they are talking about the interseasonal regatta. A person's participation in the interseasonal regatta is unaffected by the setting of the "Take Part in Seasonal Regatta" checkbox.

    What does seem to be true is that the "Restrict from Regatta" status applies to every regatta and won't expire until at least 1 race has passed for the person who's restricted. Once that restriction is lifted then the "Take Part in Seasonal Regatta" applies if the next race is seasonal. If the next race is interseasonal they are free to participate regardless.

    So it would seem that the restriction is enforced and ignores the fact that interseasonal regattas is open to all. What's not clear is if this is what they intended to happen when a racer is restricted. Also, based on your experience, it is an open question what happens to a racer who is restricted, leaves or is kicked from the co-op and then joins another co-op. Does the restriction still apply? While I'm curious about the answer to that I'm not going to perform an experiment to see.

    Anyway, I sympathize with your frustration on this, the rules and effects surrounding the "Restrict from Regatta" settings are unclear at best.

    PS, since you originally said you "sneezed" and hit restrict instead, did you get a confirmation window asking if you were sure you wanted to restrict them? If not, that's another issue they need to address.

  3. #13
    Junior Member NikoelC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    70
    Cdosr,
    As embarrassing as this is to admit... my sneezes are sometimes a disaster and usually come in a series of three.
    I play games on my ipads, usually in my lap. I also use a silicone tip stylus...
    On the evening in question, my first sneeze made the dogs jump awake, while I was reaching for the box of Puffs, and dropping the stylus onto the ipad. There very well might have been a pop-up, but with the tissues pressed against my face....I couldn’t have seen it. And we all know the dangers of a stylus rolling around on a touch screen!

    Like I said.... a funny disaster. Making it right, however, has not been amusing. *sigh*

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoelC View Post
    As embarrassing as this is to admit... my sneezes are sometimes a disaster and usually come in a series of three.
    Ah, I too am a 3-sneezer. I also sneeze at the sun. The dogs are used to me by now

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Ah, I too am a 3-sneezer. I also sneeze at the sun. The dogs are used to me by now
    Not to wander too far off topic, but since this conversation seems as resolved as it's going to get for now - my other half is a minty-triple-sneezer. One mint, three sneezes. Every time.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Also, based on your experience, it is an open question what happens to a racer who is restricted, leaves or is kicked from the co-op and then joins another co-op. Does the restriction still apply? While I'm curious about the answer to that I'm not going to perform an experiment to see.
    NikoelC, if your co-op member wants to pop into my co-op to see whether she is still restricted, she's welcome. Also it might be interesting to see if she's still restricted in yours after having come back from a different co-op. Let me know and I'll give you the details.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

    What does seem to be true is that the "Restrict from Regatta" status applies to every regatta and won't expire until at least 1 race has passed for the person who's restricted. Once that restriction is lifted then the "Take Part in Seasonal Regatta" applies if the next race is seasonal. If the next race is interseasonal they are free to participate regardless.

    So it would seem that the restriction is enforced and ignores the fact that interseasonal regattas is open to all. What's not clear is if this is what they intended to happen when a racer is restricted. Also, based on your experience, it is an open question what happens to a racer who is restricted, leaves or is kicked from the co-op and then joins another co-op. Does the restriction still apply? While I'm curious about the answer to that I'm not going to perform an experiment to see.

    Anyway, I sympathize with your frustration on this, the rules and effects surrounding the "Restrict from Regatta" settings are unclear at best.
    Support have stated that the interseasonal is included in the restriction too. The only way to take part once restricted, is to join another co-op.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    no if you join another co op you are not restricted but if u leave the co op u were restricted from and join bk u will still be restricted

  9. #19
    Junior Member NikoelC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    70
    Well folks, trouble ticket 3679208 was closed after she told them about the possibility of a glitch.
    Maybe they didn’t like hearing that. Hmmmm.

    Here was their last reply:
    From Uyen on Jan 28
    “Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to me. Please remember that you can take part in the interseasonal regatta no matter what your racing status is set to. I hope this information helps.”

    They asked for a rating...she gave them a 2 and very politely told them that the only help she received was a canned response being reworded and resent to her over and over. The problem was not solved at all.

    I honestly don’t think I would have been so polite!

  10. #20
    I wonder if she simply shut down the game and then opened again instead of actually uninstalling from the device(s) and re-installing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •