Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restricted from interseasonal race?

Restricted from interseasonal race?

Strange things.... we have a player that was accidently kicked instead of getting a status change (sneezing at the wrong time sucks!). I wrote to support, they told me to invite her again. That worked fine, she was back. This was done prior to midnight on Monday. After the interseasonal opened, she said she couldn’t race... she got a message that she was restricted. Wierd, because the co op board shows everyone racing!

She even tried restarting her ios device with no luck, but the board still shows her racing. Ideas anyone?
    I read somewhere that everyone can play the interseasonal. Is this a glitch?

I wrote to support again this morning.... waiting on reply.
    Any help would be appreciated.

No one has answers? Suggestions?

I guess everybody's knowledge is that there's no restricting possible in the interseasonal week. So it seems unlikely that you get help here. This looks like a problem only CS is able to address.

When a player is "restricted", he has to go into his settings to change back his racing status. Maybe ask that player to check that. But then again, no need to be marked as racing for the inter season. Maybe a side effect of the restriction. In that case changing his status to racing should solve the problem. If not, he will have to contact support from within his game.

Folks, we have been chatting with support from within the game since before the interseasonal began.... my co op tower shows her as racing, but hers shows she is not. When she clicks onthe tower to pick a task she gets the message that she is restricted. When she clicks on the co op goals tab, she sees it in Spectator Mode.

On top of that, CS sent her a message this morning that I marked her as non racing... so she has to wait until the next regatta.

AAARRRGGGHHHH

Does anyone know Vlad from CS? This is what he has written to the member:
    On Jan 22
    C5C1104D-D21E-49F6-94EA-90E186CA4818.jpg

Then on Jan 24
    53F4330F-1DB4-4CE2-BEA3-FC054940DC96.jpg

In the meantime, CS sends me a long paragraph including this:
    Remember that you can take part in interseasonal regattas regardless of what your racing status is set to.
    Totally frustrated!

While I could imagine someone restricting a Coop partner accidentally (not a fan of this feature at all), I've never heard of Spectator Mode in Interseasonal, nor that the racing status is observed. Just as Vlad said at first.

I wouldn't allow them to be content with their last answer, though. Your Coop member should immediately write back and ask, what they are doing to correct this error, or whether it was an oversight they didn't notice so far, or what. The advice to talk to the leader is ...let's say (and she can tell them) not helpful. Playrix should explain better, or - better - help. I am amazed they see that as a correct final answer.

BTW, did she follow Graylady's advice? If so, what does her status show? just curious - I have heard of wrong display of racing status here before, but it was always in seasonal races and I seem to recall had to do with the starting time and opting in or out time (too close together).

ETA: I am just speechless that Pink's experiment worked. I do still hope this - being able to restrict in interseasonal! - is an unintentional change by Playrix (and would still recommend to your Coop member to write back). What ARE they doing there?!
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-24-2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo correction

Nikoel, you say that this member was kicked before the interseasonal started. I was going to ask whether this member had tried leaving again to see if that would work, however, I've just tried this myself and upon rejoining the co-op, I'm still showing as restricted from the interseasonal. So there is an error with the coding and it sounds as tho Vlad himself is confused, although I can't read his messages to you.

I have previously said that using the term 'racing' during the interseasonal causes confusion and maybe this is something that support can look at properly this time.

Pink and others,
    Sorry for the poor pics. Here is the chronology of events:
    1. New member joined, after 1st race, I went to promote her to elder status....sneezed, and restricted her instead.
    2. I wrote to CS, they suggested I kick her, then re-invite her. So I contacted her, told her that I would kick her, and send invite.
    3. When she came back into our co-op she was listed as racing, but on her IOS tablet she was restricted.
    4. The next morning the interseasonal started. She installed the game on her phone.... still restricted. She then uninstalled and reinstalled on her tablet. She made sure she checked that she was participating in the regatta under “additional settings”. When she went to pick a task, the screen appeared that informed her that she was restricted from participating. When she clicked on co-op gosls, she was in “spectator mode”.
    5. I received another reply fro CS stating that interseasonal races are not subject to restriction.
    6 . On 1-22, she got a response from Vlad stating:
    “Please note that in the new regatta you can take part at any time without confirming your participation in the settings. Thus in that interseasonal week your status is not considered by the system. If you want to opt out, you dhould just stop taking tasks.
    Please note those are the rules that apply for the interseasonal regatta only. Have a great day.”
    7. I got notification from CS that as the third party, they could not divulge information about her game to me.
    8. On 1-24, she got another reply from Vlad stating:
    “ Hello,
    I regret to inform you, but it seems that the leader of your co-op has marked you as not participating in the current interseasonal regatta’s week.
    I am sorry you have come across such a situation. We suggest you contact the leader and clarify what might have caused such a decision.
    Have a good day.”

We are frustrated beyond words. She still shows racing on my screen, but cannot get to the task board.
    23279AD6-BACF-4A5A-B366-2337DA2C4FEA.jpg

I just took this picture
    16C59D4A-5595-416E-9FC3-A82784789050.jpg

She is Hazeldale