Thread: Leader of sunshine harvest passed

Leader of sunshine harvest passed

Hello. I’ve been waiting a bit to write this as it has hit home hard. My friend in real life since 1st grade and co-leader then leader of sunshine harvest Susie Q passed away in early October of last year. I was going to ask everyone to go to her town and give her some love but her husband deleted her town (and his). He said he didn’t want a reminder of something that she would never finish.

Susie was my friend since 1st grade. We lost contact over the years and reconnected thru Facebook back in 2008. She and I seemed to have the same taste in games too, Whenever I downloaded a game and connected it to Facebook there she was. ������. The first game that we were addicted to was Fishdom. We named a few fish after each other and each other’s spouses and children too. But then it all changed when we both downloaded “Township”. We were on before the regattas. She started the coop “Sunshine Harvest” and hubs , myself and her husband and niece were all in there. She made me the leader. In the beginning we had a grand time laughing to all hours of the night. She had many nicknames for the dealer , “Big Nose”, “Gypsy Dude” and my personal favorite “Mr No Toes”. Lol.

I put some ads on here looking for people to join our coop. It was all very friendly and I have met some incredibly nice people that I am still friends with. But then.....the regattas started . This is where our friendship took a huge bump. We were both very competitive but she was a bit obsessed. Calling me all hours of the day and night wanting me to boot people out, I even booted out some sweet older lady who didn’t speak English very well. Anyway, fast forward a few months and it just became to much. Our friendship was in the toilet, I couldn’t take the calls anymore and her pissy-ness towards me when I didn’t want to boot someone was enough. My hubs and I left. Of course I made her the leader before doing so. We didn’t talk for months, until her daughter got into a serious accident and almost died. We were still on each other Facebook accounts and still talked but things were different. She called me up crying about her daughter and everything that ever happened in Township faded. It was put back into perspective. She wanted hubs and I to come back to coop but some things are better left alone. Her daughter survived that crash and Susie and family went to Italy to live. It was a dream come true for her. She was a nurse and worked for the government on a Army base over there. Her life was fantastic! Until February of last year. That is when she was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. She knew the odds and she was optomistic. She did radiation, chemo and stayed positive for as long as she could. Our friendship was strong and we cried and talked and laughed and cried some more. I told her she was “so , so, so, right about certain people that she didn’t like in coop” (that’s another story she and I know) and she apologized for being a big wiener about the regatta, lol. After that we never talked about this game again.

I guess in closing I just want to say, remember that this is just a game, please put your devices down and go live (I know hubs and I are) and to be kind to people u meet in these coops. Everyone is fighting their own battle in some way. If anyone from the coop reads this that used to be there I just want you to know that David (her husband) could use your prayers if your the praying type or just send out positive vibes to him, larry and I moved into our dream house and outside on my patio I have a beautiful wind chime that Susie sent me from Italy. I will think of you forever ol friend especially when the sweet chimes are dancing and singing.

Oh P.S. Sunshine Harvest is still an active coop at time of this writing. Hubs and I have our own private coop and David is back in the states with the little ones that Susie and he adopted.

Peace and love, E.

Attached is a pic of Susie at Romeo and Juliette’s Castle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EEE Town; 01-24-2019 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Something changed.
    Town name -E HAW JUNCTION.
    Co-op- Love Shack (just me and hubby Unless hopping)
    Level- 128.
    Friend Code -5P2472

So sorry to hear about the passing of a co-op leader. Will keep you guys in my prayers!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

I personally was blessed to have Suzy Q and David as friends outside of the game. I don't know why things happen but I think they happen for a reason. Sunshine harvest doesn't exist anymore and I'm sad about that but I will never forget my time with some great people and some great friends. U will be missed Suzy.

Thank you for sharing that EEE Town. I am glad you and Susie reconciled. Yes, prayers offered up for David and family.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Prayers for her family and friends.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Thanks for giving us this story and this wisdom. My heart goes out to you and her family.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

So sorry to hear about Susie. Prayers of strength and love for all those she touched. What a beautiful smile.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Thank you Tammy , meeting you was a bonus!
    Level- 128.
    Friend Code -5P2472

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Prayers for her family and friends.
    Thank you nana. Prayers are always welcome. We went to Catholic school together from 1st -8th grade together. Some of the stories we could share, lol. We were “supposed” to wear our skirts only 2 inches above our knees but whenever the nuns weren’t looking we would roll them up under our belt. Once, our very tall, stern principal who was a nun caught us. She ripped our skirts down and tore the hems. Our mothers were up there as quick as you could say “Sister”. Susie was all of 5 ft and just this tiny dynamo, she grew up to be a hurricane, lol
    Level- 128.
    Friend Code -5P2472

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    Thank you for sharing that EEE Town. I am glad you and Susie reconciled. Yes, prayers offered up for David and family.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt

Thank you Cobalt! I will pass on those prayers to David.
    Level- 128.
    Friend Code -5P2472