Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TCash and Regatta

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    L & P I knew we were oversimplifying it, but there has to be some sort of middle ground, can't figure it out though without making things far more complicated...probably the reason it hasn't been changed by Playrix yet.

The problem with the GLB is if it is there people will want to be top, with or without rewards, so will spend T cash to achieve this. Which means you will need some way to limit T cash spending like you suggest and that doesn't benefit Playrix.

It's beyond my brain power to work out.
    Exactly. My brain feels the same way, Ash.

I agree co-ops spending lots of money are ruining the game for the rest of us, but I think it is unreasonable to expect game developers to punish people for spending -- as money is why the game continues. We usually get 1 or 2 spenders in each regatta. When we don't have anyone aggressive, we spend a little more if we can hit first or second, otherwise we just relax, do 135s and stay gold.

Our group is barely winning the gold in the Regattas. But our problem is when you have players who take 3 DAYS on ONE relay task we try to talk to them only to never hear back. We all offer our help, see how much longer etc. we have 4 members doing this. It is really slowing us down. And not making it any fun. There are four of us that are high up in the game and are hard competers. We can all help each other so fast and get they the relays in a matter of minutes depending on the task. What can we do with those other members?? All opinions would be helpful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Blackmon-Blanchard View Post
    Our group is barely winning the gold in the Regattas. But our problem is when you have players who take 3 DAYS on ONE relay task we try to talk to them only to never hear back. We all offer our help, see how much longer etc. we have 4 members doing this. It is really slowing us down. And not making it any fun. There are four of us that are high up in the game and are hard competers. We can all help each other so fast and get they the relays in a matter of minutes depending on the task. What can we do with those other members?? All opinions would be helpful. Thanks
    Tell them in the most polite tones that their style of play does not mesh well with your team philosophy and that they might have more fun and be better served with a co-op that is more in tune with them. Use the "Co-Op Ads" thread on these forums to compile a list of suggestions that you can offer to them as a more relaxed alternative to your own co-op's competitiveness.

After giving them a reasonable time to absorb and reply to your notes you can either use the "Restrict From Racing" option today so they do not mess up next week's race or outright kick them from the co-op.

If you four competitive players are not the leader / co-leader or do not have a long term interest in your current co-op, you might also consider leaving them behind and look for a more suitable group of people. PM me if you'd like

It depends, if the problem only exists when the season includes relays, you could ask these players if they would be willing to sit out the season (though this will be tough if they ignore your messages). If you are in a position to you could restrict them from the regatta during a season including relays also (though this may cause upset).

If you find you are being held back in the regatta generally by these co-op members, you are pretty limited. From what you mentioned it appears trying to communicate isn't going to work. If it is your co-op you have the choice of compromising how you play the regatta, permanently restricting them from the regatta, or removing the members slowing you down from your co-op. If it isn't your co-op then it's compromise or leave and start your own co-op.

Unfortunately it these players won't /don't communicate with you then I would say that's a problem in itself.

ETA Gosh my typing is slow! Lol. What cdosr has suggested as well, also with a nice offer to contact
    Last edited by Downton; 03-25-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Food for thought: over 20 years ago a program I used daily introduced a Fee to play. They informed us this was so the writers could receive a weekly payment for their services. The idea sounded reasonable, if the price was affordable. When the price was announced there was a mass excodus from the program, as the price was extreme.
    As a result the program that kept thousands occupied every day collapsed and disappeared for all.

Playrix is a business, staff are employed to write the program, they pay for servers etc etc etc.

The suggestions of seperating players who pay to play from those who play free may sound inviting to some, but it is discrimination. Had this been set up that way from the start, we would have had the option to agree to T&C, but to change to that in an operating business has legal ramifications.

I am a social player who has the Gold league trophy, so I have ticked that box.
    I look at GBL and imagine on a Resume.... I am in top 10 in the world in an online game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    Food for thought: over 20 years ago a program I used daily introduced a Fee to play. They informed us this was so the writers could receive a weekly payment for their services. The idea sounded reasonable, if the price was affordable. When the price was announced there was a mass excodus from the program, as the price was extreme.
    As a result the program that kept thousands occupied every day collapsed and disappeared for all.

Playrix is a business, staff are employed to write the program, they pay for servers etc etc etc.

The suggestions of seperating players who pay to play from those who play free may sound inviting to some, but it is discrimination. Had this been set up that way from the start, we would have had the option to agree to T&C, but to change to that in an operating business has legal ramifications.

I am a social player who has the Gold league trophy, so I have ticked that box.
    I look at GBL and imagine on a Resume.... I am in top 10 in the world in an online game.
    I like what you are saying, but how are you staying a gold regatta player, if you are playing relay and people sit on it for days. Just looking for some advice. I don’t like spending a lot of money on these games either. Small fee sure... but I would like your opinion. Thanks

I like what you are saying, but how are you staying a gold regatta player, if you are playing relay and people sit on it for days. Just looking for some advice. I don’t like spending a lot of money on these games either. Small fee sure... but I would like your opinion. Thanks

Snow's Town have said they achieved the Gold League Trophy (Legendary Yachtsman achievement) where you win the Golden Sail decoration for coming first in Gold League. They are not in Gold League, but are currently sitting in Silver League. Going by their comments here and Co-op description they have chosen a laid back approach to regatta that is not driven by League.
    Last edited by Downton; 03-26-2019 at 08:14 PM.

As Downton has commented above, I do play for pleasure, and free. I have learnt through life the difference between want and need.

Additional food for thought.

The idea has been mentioned of a new league for teams who pay to play, a problem then comes when Player A buys the piggy bank, does that mean the co-op would then be classified as a pay to play team?

I'm usually in the camp that says "let them spend T-Cash on the regatta" because there are good reasons to spend a reasonable amount. Yes, I've screwed up a "coconut task" and had to speed up a ship return instead of waiting another 4.5 hours or, as two races ago, my team decided to do try an "all relays" race so I spent 95T to speed up the refresh of the task board. Others spent some too. I can't see labeling a team "Spenders" for such small amounts with such small consequences.

However, this is the 2nd week we've run into "Speed Demons with Tons of T-Cash". Today, day 1 of the race, at just under 5 hours into the race the 1st place team is done, a perfect all-relay score of 29,680. 208 team tasks done at a rate of 1 task completed every 2 minutes or so. Since it was all relays those tasks were done almost sequentially by the team members (with a max of 3 relays on the board, there was some overlap in activity so it wasn't 100% sequential). And this rate of completion also needs to account for the time / cost to refresh the task board to even got those three relays.

Like watching a train wreck, I watched for about an hour, just switching between the "tasks" and "race" tabs showed their score jumping by 145 or more points at a time. Clearly these are single tasks being completed. And yes, I'm only drawing conclusions about how they played from just watching the score but I am assuming they were playing legitimately and using T-Cash for some things, possibly crate fill coupons for others.

So I have to ask a couple of questions. Their Return on Investment (ROI) must be horrible, what regatta prizes could possible make up for that much spending? Where's the fun in "speed racing"? I just don't get that mindset at all.

Also, where's my team's fun in the competition? It's really disheartening when we know we can't win before many on the team are awake. No way we're going to even try to compete with that, we'd rather place well based on skill and strategy. Doing "all-relays" took us almost 4 days to complete, finished 2nd, and had a lot of team fun doing it. Doing it across multiple time zones was particularly challenging (West-most to East-most covers 12.5hrs time difference).

So yes, I'm starting to believe the "big spenders" should be in a competition among themselves. But make sure you identify the "spenders" with sufficient criteria so that it doesn't sweep up the "little guy".

Oh, BTW, this is not "sour grapes", my team is not a group of low level players, most are in the 120 to 160 range, everything upgraded to 50% reductions, factories with 8 shelves and prepped for each race. We have 89 Golden League trophies in our case, 32 1st, 40 2nd, 17 3rd. We've been around the block and know how to play.

Oh the other hand, maybe y'all just caught me on a bad day