Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Prepared for Next Update

Getting Prepared for Next Update

To all my friends with a completed Zoo, I think we should be preparing for the next update.

My guess is the update will release after the Color Splash event ends and before the Chinese Lantern event begins (only 2 weeks from today). It would be perfect timing since the Regatta will be inter-Seasonal for a week and it would allow developers to introduce any new Zoo tasks when the next Seasonal Regatta begins.

If the update introduces a new animal family and enclosure, I don’t want to be caught “flat footed” with low inventory of building materials. I was using them to complete the gold coin tasks in this last Regatta, so my inventory is rather low - only 80 or so of each material in my barn. Another thread on this Forum is tracking the new Zoo enclosure requirements and my guestimate is that a new enclosure for me would require between 240-250 each of 2 materials needed.

I would be interested in hearing thoughts from those with fully completed Zoos - what your thinking is and how you are prepping.
    Last edited by Nana; 01-21-2019 at 09:36 PM. Reason: To highlight IF...

I don't have a completed zoo (far from it), but rather weirdly I posted a couple of days ago about a new zoo task posted on the Playrix helpshift Russian version

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...99#post1370199

The translation of this was : "fill orders at the zoo. You can ask for help from co-op members and friends, and buy missing items in the market or in the order window"

This has now disappeared. Don't know whether it's been changed, or whether it was just posted early by mistake.
    Last edited by JJay; 01-20-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Nana, I just started collecting the materials again so I only have around 50 each. I think I will send my trains more regularly to get more.

Graylady: there are so many threads re:the Zoo that I’m a bit confused as to the sequence of events. Do we have to collect one or more Zoo cards for a new animal before beginning a new enclosure? Do you know how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Graylady: there are so many threads re:the Zoo that I’m a bit confused as to the sequence of events. Do we have to collect one or more Zoo cards for a new animal before beginning a new enclosure? Do you know how it works?
    According to in game help you have to have one card before you can build enclosure. According to my team members it's a mess they get cards for anamals they already have. One is trying to get here last baby very flustrating and I can't help her. The only game help is vague.

Thanks Barb for the input. Sounds discouraging.

Nana, I have read the same as Barb said. As soon as we have 1 card for an animal in a new enclosure, we can build the enclosure. As for the number of cards, my guess is it will vary. We will not know until we get a new animal.

My feeling is they transform the zoo to mimick the museum. We will end up with a multitude of cards but no complete set. It will be even worst as we seem to need a minimum of 10 copies of the same card.

I'm sort of "accidentally prepping".

The last 4 weeks I've been using the Heli Booster and a full barn (4,110) at the start of the race and been cleaning up on the "Earn 83,500 Coins" task. Usually finished the regatta inside the 2 days that the booster is running. By that time, the barn has tons of empty space. Then taking the time until the next race to refill the barn, producing, buying every item in my market baskets (59) and using Raja to backfill anything I'm low on.

Doing all this, I haven't really paid attention to how much the trains have been bringing and I've accumulated 274 Bricks, 264 Glass, and 263 Slabs. From what I'm reading here, I'll need all of them when they introduce a new enclosure. Plus, if there are more than 1 kind of animal coming, I may need a ton more.

The only explicit zoo prep I've done is to let all 8 orders sit but I did ask for help on 1 basket of each to give out clovers. These are almost the original set of orders, I've done 2 so far, 1 in the tutorial and 1 to see how the timers worked when we were experimenting with all that. So I'm 2/3 for my first "reward". I'm not going to touch that until there are new animals.

Unless a new regatta task shows up and it's reasonably easy to do, I'm not going to use the zoo until there are more animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    My feeling is they transform the zoo to mimick the museum. We will end up with a multitude of cards but no complete set. It will be even worst as we seem to need a minimum of 10 copies of the same card.
    What a nightmare. I can’t believe ANY player would prefer this method of expanding their Zoo. My feelings about the new Zoo are growing increasingly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    What a nightmare. I can’t believe ANY player would prefer this method of expanding their Zoo. My feelings about the new Zoo are growing increasingly negative.
    I was about halfway through the zoo when the update dropped. I had two or three enclosures with incomplete families at that point, left over from Beta testing.

Since the update, I have opened every available enclosure as I completed construction on the last, mostly because I didn't want to store or throw away the building materials they would need, but also because they're pretty and I like them.

Anyway, I now have 8 enclosures that aren't fully occupied, including the one I'm gathering materials for. I seem to only be getting cards for those 8 enclosures now, so I can't start any of the 16 others. I don't know if that's a deliberate limit, or if it's just a coincidence, but I'm certainly not currently in a position where I've got a couple of cards for every single enclosure I haven't yet done.

I have to say, I do much prefer it at this stage. I've interacted more with my zoo since this all started than I had in the last 6 months. Though I suspect the novelty might wear off once the enclosures start demanding more materials than I can cope with. At that point, at least I can take a complete break from it without accumulating unwanted old-zoo materials to add to my clutter.