Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my first Zoo family completed!

Although the title of this thread suggests I already have completed a Zoo family, I haven't yet.

But since we talk a lot about collecting cards and materials to build enclosures in our New Zoos, I'm really curious who did!
    - So who achieved this goal?
    - Which animal family was it?
    - How long did it take to get the family?
    - Did you choose for getting just one enclosure or have you build more simultaneously?
    - Was it a close finish with other families?
    - Do you have suggestions to complete a family(faster)?
    Maybe you can share something about your process to get there.

Really like to hear from you!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

I finished my family of Hippopotamuses(hippopotami?) I didn’t get to pick and wasn’t really paying attention it just sort of happened a few days ago but I didn’t have any of the Hippos at the start of the update so if that says anything about the speed....
    I currently have five other families working towards finish, as well.
    I bought the cards offered for gems twice but neither time was it for my Hippos those I won mostly through sending ships, house of luck, and the current event.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    I finished my family of Hippopotamuses(hippopotami?) I didn’t get to pick and wasn’t really paying attention it just sort of happened a few days ago but I didn’t have any of the Hippos at the start of the update so if that says anything about the speed....
    I currently have five other families working towards finish, as well.
    I bought the cards offered for gems twice but neither time was it for my Hippos those I won mostly through sending ships, house of luck, and the current event.
    Congratulations Virginia!!!
    Really great to hear this news, hopefully more of us will follow!

And for those who still struggling through collecting their animal cards:
    There is hope, keep up the good work!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Wow that's awesome and fast!

I play (more than I should) and I've only earned two camels so far. And the first one was the tutorial freebie.

I just completed my rhino family. I built the enclosure as part of the tutorial for the new zoo, so it took about a week. I've been keeping track of how many cards I've got from various places since the 16th:
    Regatta: 50 (came 3rd in steel league)
    HoL: 30
    Zoo chests: 20
    Level checkpoint chests: 11
    Aeroplanes: 5
    Daily golden balloons: 4

Of those cards, 7 were doubles. So clearly the regatta has been the best source of cards for me. Considering that I send at least 3 full planes a day, they've been the worst source. But from reading on the forum, it seems card distribution is really uneven across the board, so I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone.
    🙈 Town: Philippolis 🙈
    🌴 Level: 75 🌴
    🙉 Zoo Animals: 120 🙉
    🏞 Co-op: Helpful/Regatta (#hem99d) 🏞
    🙊 Platform: Android 🙊

I have just finished first in the copper league and received 54 cards which completed 4 animals. 2 of the animals were for enclosures that I have not yet got. I think regatta may be where most cards are received.

I also send 3 planes a day and have had cards from 2 since I updated. I only buy one enclosure at a time, when I have the building materials to complete it, I buy the next.

I've just completed my Tortoises and Peacocks. I only needed the babies. I have several other families nearly done, so I'm expecting to finish a few more in fairly quick succession. As I've said elsewhere, I too seem to get most cards from regatta rewards. The extras for the event have helped as well. My order board is full of difficult things I can't be bothered to fill, so I'm largely ignoring those.

I downloaded the Zoo update on 1/11/19. At the time, I had 3 entire families for which I had not yet purchased animals (Porcupine, Bald Eagle & Fennec Fox). It is now 14 days later, and I have completed all 3 of those families (obtained 12 animals total), and my zoo is finished. Accomplishing this required collecting 255 animal cards (85 cards for each family - 60 regular, 15 rare, 10 epic). The vast majority of my cards came from the freebies given in the tutorial, sets won as regatta prizes, and the 3 packs that I earned as personal rewards in the color splash event. Below is a breakdown:

Zoo Cards Received:
    Tutorial (filled 1 order to open a chest + received free Zookeeper set): 63 regular, 9 rare, 3 epic, 0 doubles
    Filled 99 more orders (3, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12) to open 11 chests : 37 regular, 10 rare, 4 epic, 6 doubles
    Regatta Week 3 (1 Naturalist pack in Wooden chest): 8 regular, 3 rare, 0 epic, 1 double
    Regatta Week 4 (1 Naturalist pack in Wooden chest & 1 Zookeeper pack in iron chest): 19 regular, 6 rare, 1 epic, 4 doubles
    Color Splash Event personal goals (3 Zookeeper packs): 46 regular, 17 rare, 7 epic, 30 doubles
    Color Splash Event Top 3 (1 Zookeeper pack): 0 regular, 0 rare, 1 epic, 49 doubles (by the time I opened this set, I only needed 1 epic animal card to be done with the zoo - my doubles were converted to tools as described below)

Doubles (4 sets: 10 doubles converted to 4 new animal cards each time): 4 regular, 0 rare, 12 epic cards
    Doubles (5 sets: 10 doubles converted to items each time) : 1 brick & 5 picks; 1 silver ingot & 1 TNT; 5 picks & 1 paint; 1 Topaz gem & 1 shovel; 3 T-cash & 1 paint

Zoo Cards Purchased with Gems:
    1 Porcupine Epic Card: 10 Topaz, 2 Emerald, 1 Ruby.
    1 Bald Eagle Epic Card: 3 Topaz, 4 Emerald, 2 Rubies.
    3 Bald Eagle Regular Cards: 3 Topaz, 1 Emerald.
    Note: I wouldn't purchase the cards if I could do things over...I would have earned them in my last card pack for finishing top 3 in the color splash event and finished my animal families at the same time. But I bought them during the first 3 days of the zoo when I didn't know how easy/hard it would be to get cards.

For me, the packs of cards offered as prizes in the regatta and event were absolutely crucial. I know some people didn't have any cards as prizes in the event which is unfortunate.

I never received any cards for doing any of the daily activities that Playrix said could earn you cards. I calculate that I had approximately 136 chances that theoretically could have earned me animals cards, but I never received any. They included:
    - Fully Loaded Planes Sent: 37
    - HOL chests opened: 28 (never saw cards among the options when all chests are revealed)
    - Chests in the Mine: 23
    - Daily Golden Balloons: 13
    - Daily Island Chests: 13
    - Island Chests on Ships (ingots sent): 11
    - XP Checkpoint Reward Chests: 11
    Last edited by kitty4715; 01-25-2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: fixed spelling & added color coding

I have completed one full family with several others well underway.
    Today i received one of the baby arctic foxes. He arrived in a flurry of hearts but there was nobody there to greet him...*sniff*
    Poor little guy is all alone...
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Congratulations Kitty! Now your Zoo is complete, wonder if you will continue to receive decks of cards. Most of us (with completed Zoos) don’t receive any cards, except for those of us who had them as prizes in the Color Splash event - in which case they were all doubles. We’ll have to see if the next update might contain more animals.

I’m hopeful the update will roll out on Monday for iOS. It will be about 6 days before the Lantern Festival begins and we all know it takes nearly a full week for Android and then Kindle to get their updates too. We shall see - one of the Mods thought maybe about Feb 5th as the timing for the update.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)