Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Don’t know how much time one would have to complete the order as I’m dumping them all...
    It is annoying because they have been in 75% of the chests
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ...and also, with 8 orders on your board, the timer vanishes.
    You are right DD. I should have said "to get a new timer", not "a new order".

We never get an instant order unless we pay to "finish" the timer. We never get more then one timer either.

New zoo tasks takes too long. I thought I could fill other player's zoo orders but that doesnt count toward task unless I fill 2 requests on their same order. And what are the odds a friend will make 2 requests on same order. Stupidly long task if I wait to fill 13 of my own orders...waiting 3 hrs between zoo orders ridiculously long too. My co op is dumping the zoo tasks....I do like idea of prepping zoo orders but that means you have to leave the chest on task board for a day... clogs up incoming chests. What are gamemakers thinking? .......CHANGE NEW ZOO TASK SO YOU GET CREDIT TOWARDS TASK FOR FILLING JUST ONE REQUEST ON FRIENDS OR OUR OWN ORDER. BE REASONABLE. (I wasnt yelling, just want game developers to see this)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainglaze View Post
    New zoo tasks takes too long. I thought I could fill other player's zoo orders but that doesnt count toward task unless I fill 2 requests on their same order. And what are the odds a friend will make 2 requests on same order?
    I didn't think people could request 2 helps on the same order..? Just like we're limited on train/plane requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I didn't think people could request 2 helps on the same order..? Just like we're limited on train/plane requests.
    You are right, we can't. Only one request per order. Max of 3 requests per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    You are right, we can't. Only one request per order. Max of 3 requests per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainglaze View Post
    ...what are the odds a friend will make 2 requests on same order?
    Thanks for the confirmation, Graylady - I was questioning my sanity for a second there

Rainglaze, looks like the odds are zero, I'm afraid.

FYI - I posted this on our team FB page, I thought I'd share it with y'all

I am ambivalent about this week's interseasonal regatta. Especially the introduction of the "zoo orders" task. As we learn more about it, it seems that this task has the potential to be one of the worst tasks in the game, out running even the dreaded "silk" task.

The task requires that you complete zoo "orders", not "baskets" but full orders of 2 baskets. Although you can ask for help on 1 of the 2 baskets in an order, you can only ask for help there 3 times per day, resetting to 3 at your local midnight.

And given the 3 hour wait for the next order, even if there was not a glitch affecting the timer itself, you will get a maximum of 8 new orders in a 24 hour period. In other words, there is only a single timer for the next order, unlike helicopter orders where each has its own "refresh timer", there is only 1 for the entire zoo order board.

Given our experience so far, the only way to complete a zoo order task in a reasonable time is to use T-Cash to speed up the timer to get the next order at 7T or so for each one. So far I've seen goals of 9, 10, and 13 orders in both golden and precious chests. Not only does that make for a long task, it ties up the regatta board with unfinished chests.

I'm going to recommend that we delete chests with zoo order tasks from now on, they are just too disruptive to the regatta or too expensive to complete and I will not require anyone to spend T-Cash just to get a reward chest.

One other thought, if the next season includes "Mystery Tasks" and if a zoo orders task pops up as a mystery one, I'm going to recommend that we skip all mystery tasks. Of course you are free to roll the dice on those but I'm going to avoid them.
    Last edited by cdosr; 01-22-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Left out something the first time

For those wondering, it cost 7 T-cash to get the order instantly instead of waiting for 3 hours.

Someone with 8 orders already ready to be filled would need 14 T-cash to finish a 10 orders zoo task instantly, as long as they have the products in stock. That is what I just did. A 13 orders task would need 35 T-cash to do it instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Given our experience so far, the only way to complete a zoo order task in a reasonable time is to use T-Cash to speed up the timer to get the next order at 7T or so for each one. So far I've seen goals of 9, 10, and 13 orders in both golden and precious chests. Not only doea that make for a long task, it ties up the regatta board with unfinished chests...snip...

One other thought, if the next season includes "Mystery Tasks" and if a zoo orders task pops up as a mystery one, I'm going to recommend that we skip all mystery tasks. Of course you are free to roll the dice on those but I'm going to avoid them.
    Thanks for that Charlie, but..
    Mystery New Zoo tasks.. as if the horror of what might lurk in there wasn't already bad (and potentially costly) enough ...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    For those wondering, it cost 7 T-cash to get the order instantly instead of waiting for 3 hours.

Someone with 8 orders already ready to be filled would need 14 T-cash to finish a 10 orders zoo task instantly, as long as they have the products in stock. That is what I just did. A 13 orders task would need 35 T-cash to do it instantly.
    Yes, that's true, you can prepare for a zoo task by getting 8 orders (partially filled by helpers or not) all lined up before you take the task. But that only works once per day for anyone. You'll need another 24 hours to get the order board filled up again. The current timer glitch makes that pretty hard to do if you're going to try to do other tasks. I think it would be a little difficult to get 15-20 people to get that lined up just right, not that it's impossible, just hard to teach that kind of preparation to everyone in the co-op.