Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slight Change Of Heart Towards Austin (Or Not?)

Slight Change Of Heart Towards Austin (Or Not?)

Being an avid hater of Austin in Gardenscapes, I was surprised to find that Austin appeared more pleasant in Homescapes.

I think a big reason is that in Homescapes, Austin is renovating his own house and not working for me so I don't get so pissed off anymore when he is lazing around doing nothing. He is even more polite in asking us to help (like "could you please help me put up XXX?" and "would you mind if I took a rest?"). Though of course he has to treat us better than in Gardenscapes as we are now cheap labour to him in renovating his house lol.

Another reason is because William (his dad) has a more annoying vibe in Homescapes. The genes really run strong in the family and comparatively speaking, somehow William seems much more annoying than Austin (for now).

One thing I enjoy about Homescapes is that much less stars are required for each task, which makes me remember a theory another player put forward before in another Gardenscapes thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by griefsquawk View Post
    Let's talk about coins and stars. Coins are obviously currency, but does that make stars energy, like in so many other games? Not necessarily. We know that the various contactors Austin hires work in exchange for stars, so stars must also be currency, much like how the USA and many other countries have paper money that goes alongside and far outweighs the value of a handful of coins. Why is this important? Because Austin can call in specialized contractors to do landscaping jobs that would cost hundreds or even thousands of real-world dollars for 3 to 4 stars... or use half that amount to check the mailbox, which shouldn't cost anything. So where does it all go? Obviously, straight into Austin's pockets, which makes him an embezzler. And he is obviously counting on our lack of familiarity with the local currency to get away with it.
    I've been thinking that maybe Austin is using the money he embezzled in our garden to renovate his house, so now that he is finally using his own money for his own cause, he must spend it more wisely lol.

So much for guessing Austin's hidden agenda again...though if Austin is busy renovating his childhood home, does that mean that he is never coming back to our garden?

I do miss the other characters in Gardenscapes though and hope that they may visit him and make an appearance soon in Homescapes! Although it seems that the storyline is implying that there might be something between Austin and Katherine (?), it probably won't be possible to introduce Jane back here...hey Austin how could you forget about Jane so quickly? I thought you liked her!

Eh honestly I'm thinking maybe he mellowed out after the character i created for Gardenscapes fired him. Destroyed his ego so now he has to build it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anirandom View Post
    Eh honestly I'm thinking maybe he mellowed out after the character i created for Gardenscapes fired him. Destroyed his ego so now he has to build it back up.
    Oh my various gods! How cool would it be if at the end of restoring the garden, you get to do a "performance review" of the butler, and have the option to fire him, or keep him around and so on? And even get a new butler!!
    Even better, this should be an option at the end of each area, and get new butlers if the current ones didn't do their job properly!
    What a world would that be...

Edit: sorry, i know this has nothing to do with Homescapes, but i got really excited about the idea!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-24-2017 at 05:17 PM.

LOL!
    no worries, Austin is enough of a connection, but - do they have a Wishlist here?! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Oh my various gods! How cool would it be if at the end of restoring the garden, you get to do a "performance review" of the butler, and have the option to fire him, or keep him around and so on? And even get a new butler!!
    Even better, this should be an option at the end of each area, and get new butlers if the current ones didn't do their job properly!
    What a world would that be...

Edit: sorry, i know this has nothing to do with Homescapes, but i got really excited about the idea!
    Yaaas, or maybe a basic character creator so y'know we could do the work?

Quote Originally Posted by shushu927 View Post
    Being an avid hater of Austin in Gardenscapes, I was surprised to find that Austin appeared more pleasant in Homescapes.
    They redid his facial expressions here and there, even when he's clapping his hands he's less annoying now.
    And that he returned to his childhood home and his parents makes him easier to relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL!
    no worries, Austin is enough of a connection, but - do they have a Wishlist here?! ;-)
    Hah! Yes, we definitely need one! And a moderator to go with that, to make stickies, close threads and whatnot!
    I started (finally!) to play the game, and i'm making screenshots of each level - so when someone asks for help, there will be a thread with only the screenshots, so people can reference/quote it, and won't have to google what level they're talking about - easier to help.

Hah! Yes, we definitely need one! And a moderator to go with that, to make stickies, close threads and whatnot!
    well, they have an Ideas section here...maybe you could post your (extended) idea about firing and hiring butlers there... *g*

And the screenshots at this point is an excellent idea!
    With the way ppl are posting, I would recommend to post them in packs, though, not all together :-)

Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    well, they have an Ideas section here...maybe you could post your (extended) idea about firing and hiring butlers there... *g*

And the screenshots at this point is an excellent idea!
    With the way ppl are posting, I would recommend to post them in packs, though, not all together :-)

Happy gaming!
    Yeah, i still haven't figure it out how to post, i've inquired about how to go about it without flooding the Activity Stream with screenshots, still have to hear back (tried making an album, but it still shows on the Activity Stream).

Yeah, i still haven't figure it out how to post, i've inquired about how to go about it without flooding the Activity Stream with screenshots, still have to hear back (tried making an album, but it still shows on the Activity Stream).
    hm, good thought. But if all else fails, ppl will survive it, I'd think :-)

a separate page would be good.... Playrix could let you in on theirs somewhere (instead of another attempt at "walkthroughs"), OR! did you check whether someone started a Wiki already? or think of doing one yourself?
    IIRC, Brendon also "inherited" the TS Wiki because of interest and being good at explaining.