Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 16.01 Zoo Feedback Wanted!

Sorry to say Ana but the changes suck. Particularly for level 45 maxed zoos that have nothing to do.

As context I should add that previous big updates have been positive on the whole, like adding a zoo in the first place, coops, regattas and even events have made things more interesting. They added things. This update removes far more from the game than it adds. If you don't like additions you can often just carry on as before and ignore them. But where Playrix removes stuff you can't ignore that and just carry on.

There are a lot more comments elsewhere on the board, so it's great Playrix are taking an interest.

The biggest single issue for me is removal of the shops. I fee this has:

- dumbed down the game and its strategies

- nerfed my zoo so it's almost useless. Functionally it's now the equivalent of a single train. So there's much less to do in the town = much less time on the game

- I'm hoping that Playrix have totally underestimated the knock on and indirect impacts on the town as a whole, and not done it deliberately:

> The zoo worked synergistically with the town as a whole and you can't just box or pigeonhole changes as being down to the zoo. It's not just been a simple amputation of a limb in cutting the shops, those shops had far more functions for many people
    > It has affected coins/ income, gems; use of boosters; use of market (much less useful now), regatta; significantly less XP and speed of progression; fewer barn tools and other rewards
    > reduced variables and choices as well as speed to attain personal goals as well as enjoyment

These are expanded on by so many people elsewhere in threads

Trying to end on a positive:

- Removing the purple amethyst gems is probably no bad thing. They were never used for boosters for some reason, and only kept in case of new animal

- For people who like collecting things, it probably looks aesthetically better

- Thank you for taking an interest. You've a tough role listening to complaints and negative comments - it's more common for people on forums to post negatives.
    Nice to have you around on the forum as a representative of Playrix. Thank you
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 01-17-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    Level: 210 L&P Star 2 / Level 63 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Add me to the people who think the quantity of items needed for orders is ridiculously excessive for a meager reward. Also I can't even figure out how the cards relate to animals and/or enclosures.

I HATE HATE HATE that there is no way to dump the orders that require more products than I am willing to give. I filled one order for corn before I noticed the other part of the order was 8 pancakes for some ridiculously low amount. I didn't have that many and wasn't interested in waiting to make them for that measly amount but the order hung around and hung around until I finally flagged it for help (thank you Graylady). I don't even fill orders for less than 700 coins, I send at least half my planes back empty because the amounts are too high, and now I'm stuck with needing to collect time- and resource-expensive items for a relatively low number of coins and I can't even dump the orders and try for something reasonable. I don't see spending time in the zoo until there is some point.
    Town: Starshine The Original
    Game level 120 1/17/17
    Zoo level 27 1/17/17
    Coop: Regatta Dabblers for people serious about helping but not about the Regatta!
    Android phone
    I welcome new Facebook friends, send your request to Starshine String and be sure to PM me here

Someone mentioned somewhere that perhaps sometimes instead of getting (a minimal amount of) coins and xp for filling an order, we could get a paint bucket, or a gem, or whatever.

I would definitely like to see that happen. Perhaps it would go a little way towards making up for what the shops no longer bring in?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Someone mentioned somewhere that perhaps sometimes instead of getting (a minimal amount of) coins and xp for filling an order, we could get a paint bucket, or a gem, or whatever.

I would definitely like to see that happen. Perhaps it would go a little way towards making up for what the shops no longer bring in?
    Great idea. Would like to see that too. I miss the shops as a source of barn tools and other rewards.

What does ETA mean on here? See it a lot but Estimated Time of Arrival doesn't seem right LOL
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 01-17-2019 at 06:47 AM.
    Level: 210 L&P Star 2 / Level 63 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    What does ETA mean on here? See it a lot but Estimated Time of Arrival doesn't seem right LOL
    Edited To Add.

See this Lounge thread for more.
    IMPORTANT: As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix staff.
    - Township Support.
    - the search function to see previous posts.

I was gonna post this list on the other Zoo thread, but since you asked....

I'm still at 9 orders to get a chest so here they go
    1 candy cane, 4 popsicles
    9 popcorn, 2 toffee
    1 corndog, 3 bananas
    ? corn, 9 bread
    1 corndog, 1 gingerbread
    1 fish sandwich, 2 toffee
    6 milk, 9 granola
    3 cotton fabric, 9 potatoes
    3 muffin, 2 rice puffs....

All for a total of....drum roll....4(out of 30) regular tiger cards and 1(out of 15) rare tiger card. All of this I could have been doing during a regatta HP task with corn, carrots, milk, etc.

Again, I think the biggest divide is that we keep discussing 'the new zoo', but there is a completely different debate between the new zoo and taking away the shops....and the 2 regatta tasks that went with, for those that are regatta focused.....

My opinion on the shops....worst idea ever.

My opinion on the regatta task(s)....bad idea.

My opinion on the 'new zoo'....

People like the book, BUT we have to leaf through every 'climate' to see what cards we have for what animal (and complaints on not seeing other people's books. I never did it, but sounds like it would've been hilarious had I known to look).

People like not spending gems on animals, BUT it has now taken away (shops) one of our ways of getting gems.

People like being able to help friends, BUT I'm not at a high enough level to keep in my barn and fill orders for 9 popcorn, 9 granola, 6 cotton fabrics, 6 bananas, 6 fish....so I don't ACTUALLY get to help my friends.

People like the lower quantities for enclosures, BUT us lower levels now need to save for CB's AND enclosures, it's not saving me much space.

Anna, thanks for asking, BUT your moderators already have a very long thread they've had to deal with, and they've done it with such graciousness. AGAIN, you guys are AWESOME!!!
    Last edited by HelpersAllAboardSerenity; 01-17-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Wanted to stress again what L&P says. The changes ignore the huge impact the shops had on gameplay for advanced players.

It also ignores the huge effort and time and (pride) in upgrading shops. I had 55 baskets. Think about how many times I needed to upgrade the shops to get there. Think how many mats, and thinking and planning went into it. All of it, wasted. All this time I saved gems and did almost every plane. I did not use them on boosters, except for 2x zoo.

Regatta is worse now, I used to do at least 3-4 zoo tasks a week (would do more, but was not always lucky in what the hot products were, and was not always easy to get 135s).

All we wanted was more enclosures, and cool decoraitons to go with the higher levels. I don't see any positive, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    Sorry to say Ana but the changes suck. Particularly for level 45 maxed zoos that have nothing to do.

- I'm hoping that Playrix have totally underestimated the knock on and indirect impacts on the town as a whole, and not done it deliberately:

> The zoo worked synergistically with the town as a whole and you can't just box or pigeonhole changes as being down to the zoo. It's not just been a simple amputation of a limb in cutting the shops, those shops had far more functions for many people
    > It has affected coins/ income, gems; use of boosters; use of market (much less useful now), regatta; significantly less XP and speed of progression; fewer barn tools and other rewards
    > reduced variables and choices as well as speed to attain personal goals as well as enjoyment

)

My zoo has always been low priority because I prefer to use my gems for boosters, so the card system, on paper anyway should work better for me. I never did much with Hot Products either, so I don't miss that. All in all:

On the plus side:
    I like the new look of the zoo and I like not having to collect and store additional building supplies.
    I like not having to use gems to buy animals.
    I like having an additional way to earn clovers.

On the minus side:
    The amount of products asked for is simply outrageous.
    Having to fill 3 orders before getting rewards makes zoo gameplay very slow (particularly in view of my previous point).
    I'm a bit of an 'order' fanatic and always finished one animal family before starting another, so the disorganized nature of the card collecting system sets my teeth on edge (plus it almost forces me to buy new enclosures before I'm ready).

Overall I can live with it, but it won't make me play the zoo element any more than I already did (ie, very rarely) - it will remain on the back burner until my main town is complete.
    Town Name: Snorville
    Current Level: 81
    Co-op Name: Lutownie Katz
    Zoo level: 7 and in no hurry to move it up!
    Friend Code: V9327K

My zoo is now a decoration. I miss my shops.
    I would buy T-cash to spend on the dealer to stock up on hot products, now I don't need to bother. So that's a loss of revenue for Playrix from me.
    I spent a lot of time and money (t-cash) upgrading my shops and now they are useless!
    I used to spend hours in the game, now there's nothing to do except send planes and trains every 3/4 hours.

Bring back the shops please and thank you.

I find it rather boring. I miss the zoo tasks in the regatta. And NO I think the majority of us DO NOT want to fill orders for zoo animals or cards.
    I am sending out more trains, but that will end quickly as I see a severe decline in return of explosives and more shovels, which experienced players do not need.