Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Lantern Festival Event

I agree with Monaco and Mayfield .... I always jump to the platform when it is moving towards me (to the left). It is very hard to overjump the platform. I seem to bounce back into it if I come close to overjumping it. I ALWAYS fall if I jump whi!e it is moving to the right.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

I've been enjoying this event, mainly because I've been pretty good at it. I've figured out if I can get a decent arch on the jump and then point the tiny tail of the trajectory at the far (right) top corner of the next building I stick the landing even on the smallest buildings. I rarely miss - usually it is when (1) I hurry through because I have a 2x booster, (2) when I get distracted by the envelopes and don't line up like I said above, and (3) I'm trying for one of those envelopes high in the sky above the screen.

Has anyone figured out how to get those high in the sky above the screen envelopes? I cannot reach them. I've waited and waited for them to float down and they never do. The only "trick" I've been able to come up with is they seem to be the most reachable the second you land on the building. So if I jump immediately and go for them I can reach the highest one before it floats above the screen. Otherwise, it will never be in reach. Maybe I am imaging that? But that can also lead to a rushed trajectory and a crash and burn. Pesky little high floaters!
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

I hate this event. I haven't even made it to the end once. I have a whopping 20 points since I only play with the things I am gifted. I don't go out of my way to make them.

Give me a match 3 game any day.

JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    I've been enjoying this event, mainly because I've been pretty good at it. I've figured out if I can get a decent arch on the jump and then point the tiny tail of the trajectory at the far (right) top corner of the next building I stick the landing even on the smallest buildings. I rarely miss - usually it is when (1) I hurry through because I have a 2x booster, (2) when I get distracted by the envelopes and don't line up like I said above, and (3) I'm trying for one of those envelopes high in the sky above the screen.

Has anyone figured out how to get those high in the sky above the screen envelopes? I cannot reach them. I've waited and waited for them to float down and they never do. The only "trick" I've been able to come up with is they seem to be the most reachable the second you land on the building. So if I jump immediately and go for them I can reach the highest one before it floats above the screen. Otherwise, it will never be in reach. Maybe I am imaging that? But that can also lead to a rushed trajectory and a crash and burn. Pesky little high floaters!
    There are definitely some high ones I can't reach. I am on a kindle (horizontal) screen and wondered if it was just me. Frustrating to know that they are there but out of reach! Lol And I think you are right about them being reachable immediately after you land on the roof and not later (after you have had time to aim)

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post

Yes!

This is a glitch. If some envelopes get too high off your screen, then won't come back down UNLESS you jump straight up (try for no arches - just as straight up and down as you can) so the envelope is in view again (you may need to do this twice). Once it is recognized on the screen again, it will start moving down again
    Township Gus
    MacOS

I really enjoy this event for itself. After finishing my five goals I was playing to use up rockets. Then I was so sad to be done I started making more rockets just so I could play some more.

I wish they would turn this one and the snowboarding into stand alone app games. I don't mean a big game that requires a lot of care and feeding from the devs, just one of those simple, stand alone apps we can play off line that costs $1.99 to install (or free with ads and $1.99 to get rid of ads).
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCG View Post
    Yes!

This is a glitch. If some envelopes get too high off your screen, then won't come back down UNLESS you jump straight up (try for no arches - just as straight up and down as you can) so the envelope is in view again (you may need to do this twice). Once it is recognized on the screen again, it will start moving down again
    Brilliant! Thank you! It worked!
    Town Level 103

Now, if only I could make those annoying locked treasure chests go away this game would be perfect.
    Town Level 103

I finished the Regatta yesterday and for that reason the Double Play starts too late.
    But it was worth the wait on the start ofthis 2 days during event to finish the last level and win the decoration.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android