Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Lantern Festival Event

Lantern festival

I‘m playing this event, since it has started on saturday. In the first three days I always got between 9-12 envelopes per race. Now the number of possible envelopes decreased to 4-7. Has anybody else made this experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    I‘m playing this event, since it has started on saturday. In the first three days I always got between 9-12 envelopes per race. Now the number of possible envelopes decreased to 4-7. Has anybody else made this experience?
    Not me - Mayfield and I have exchanged some experience numbers, starting here, in the thread about the event as regatta tasks.

Funny, I also realized they increased the number of the lanterns, now it depends on the difficulty in reaching the next rooftop
    Last edited by Monaco; 01-22-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Mine were never as high as 12 envelopes. I have gotten 11 more than once, but they vary widely. Last night, I did a run with no envelopes to be seen anywhere. Usually, mine have ranged from 4 to 11. It took me 14 runs to collect 105 envelopes for the 135 task. Another person in my coop did it in 13. So, that makes an average of about 8 per run.

So then I was lucky in the beginning, but this kind of randomness seems a bit unfair to me.

I have noticed a drop in envelopes. Now I am getting runs with only a max opportunity of 4 more frequently. I just had three in a row which was never the case in my first few days of playing.

I guess before they double the points, they need to turn down the envelopes. Actually, it isn't clear what they mean for this event when they talk "event points". Double lanterns? Double envelopes? Both?

I actually came here to ask if anyone else had been betrayed by the binoculars in this event. I just trusted the green arrow instead of my instincts and missed. I remember that happening last year in this event as well.

I just wanted to warn people not to rely on the binoculars when leaping onto the moving platform. They get confused.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-23-2020 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I guess before they double the points, they need to turn down the envelopes. Actually, it isn't clear what they mean for this event when they talk "event points". Double lanterns? Double envelopes? Both?

I actually came here to ask if anyone else had been betrayed by the binoculars in this event. I just trusted the green arrow instead of my instincts and missed. I remember that happening last year in this event as well.

I just wanted to warn people not to rely on the binoculars when leaping onto the moving platform. They get confused.
    I think it‘s the lanterns only (respectively I hope so).

I made the same experience with the binoculars, for rooftops they are great, but one has to be very careful with the platforms. I always try to jump when they begin moving to the left, that works best for me

I jump just as the platform arrives at its nearest point. I very rarely miss it when not using the binoculars.

One of my coop members braved the 880 lantern task last night. She averaged about 40 lanterns a run!

Turns out the Double Play feature only affects lanterns, and not envelopes. At least now the related regatta tasks seem more reasonable
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES