Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervilage vanished... Elephants in the Room

This is really impressive Ruud! How long have you been collecting elephants?
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    This is really impressive Ruud! How long have you been collecting elephants?
    Thank you, Maggie.
    Well, it all started with a cute little white elephant statue my current wife had for years.
    I met her 16 years ago and since we were a couple we like city trips. In every town, every city you have small tourist and gift shops that we really enjoy to visit.
    On one of those trips we found a realistic African Elephant statue. After we bought that one this hobby started.

When i was a kid, one of my best friends collected salt and pepper shakers. When my family travelled, i would often pick up interesting sets for her collection as gifts and i think other friends and family did the same because, before long, she had many shelves full all over her bedroom. I have lost touch with her but i sometimes wonder what she did with them all lol!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

When i was a kid, one of my best friends collected salt and pepper shakers. When my family travelled, i would often pick up interesting sets for her collection as gifts and i think other friends and family did the same because, before long, she had many shelves full all over her bedroom. I have lost touch with her but i sometimes wonder what she did with them all lol!
    A neighbor of my mum in law collected thimbles from all over the world. Unfortunately the sweet old lady got Dementia and had to move to a Nursing home and had to say goodbye to a big part of her collection. In a small cabinet she still got some of her favorite pieces.
    And so has every collection it's own story...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    And now the light are on, so here is an impression of the whole.
    oooh

I want a close up of the cave, and why is there no light in the upper ranks? do we get a video again?
    yes, please?!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I want a close up of the cave, and why is there no light in the upper ranks? do we get a video again?
    yes, please?!
    A close up op the cave as you wished

The elephants on the upperrank have some issues with the shadow caused by the Magnolia flowers between them and the light from the ceiling.
    A video? Please be patient, it'll be here when I am satisfied with the result
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-16-2019 at 09:14 PM.

A video? Please be patient, it'll be here when I am satisfied with the result
    Patient! Me! LOL!
    okies....

Good to know you're making one.
    And the close-up of the cave is really cute.

....And so has every collection it's own story...
    My sister has a collection of faerie statues in her garden but it wasn’t her idea lol! One of her kids gave her one for mother’s day or her birthday. When she thanked them and said how nice it was, the rest of her family filed the info away under “Future Gift Ideas for Mom” and now she has a collection!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

My sister has a collection of faerie statues in her garden but it wasn’t her idea lol! One of her kids gave her one for mother’s day or her birthday. When she thanked them and said how nice it was, the rest of her family filed the info away under “Future Gift Ideas for Mom” and now she has a collection!

The sister of my son in law moved last year to a place of her own, finally away from her parents. In her bed room she choose wall paper with flamingos on it.
    On her house warming party... Do I need to say more ;D

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Patient! Me! LOL!
    okies....

Good to know you're making one.
    And the close-up of the cave is really cute.
    Yes, you! Wasn't that your middle name then?
    Thank you very much DD