Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wintervilage vanished... Elephants in the Room

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Elephants in the Room... Let's talk about that!

Although King Winter has not jet left my country, Christmas time lays behind us and so it is time for a change.
    Do you remember how I build the Village?
    All townies went back to their summer residencies, the snow melted down and everything else is stored to show up next Christmas.
    Only the Styrofoam landscape won't return in the latest form. I am planning on building a cable car system then and that needs another landscape then the one I had.

Time to reshape the two platforms in my window sill. The gras on top of them is replaced; it is artificial grass used for rail model construction.
    And rail model constructions are often build under a rooftop without daylight. So this stuff isn't sun-proof and looks a little withered and turned yellow after a few years.
    While replacing the gras I also renovated the construction and expanse the bottom with an extra shelf. With the multitool shaw and the Jigsaw I tried to give it a Rocky look(Wow, that sound familiar ;D). Ocher acrylic paint must do the trick to get a realistic look.

In the middle I placed a small closed to create a cave or something like that. On the closet the Elephant bust in my Profile pic will be placed. But first the closet needs to be reshape by my multitool and after that it wil need some paint to fit to the platforms.
    During this week I suppose there will be elephants in my living room

I'll keep you informed
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 06-15-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Typos

I will stay tuned!
    Does the phrase “elephant in the room” mean the same thing in other languages, an obvious problem/situation that nobody wants to acknowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I will stay tuned!
    Does the phrase “elephant in the room” mean the same thing in other languages, an obvious problem/situation that nobody wants to acknowledge?
    Thank you Maggie
    In the Netherlands we don't use this saying that much. More often is in use the saying 'an elephant in the China closet', in English that is in the China shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    More often is in use the saying 'an elephant in the China closet', in English that is in the China shop?
    but that means indeed trampling things down, right? not what Maggie said...
    In German, I know what Ruud said (ein Elefant im Porzellanladen), but not what you said, Maggie.
    Here it is just literal, Elephants in the room.

And I'm looking forward to "our" next installment, too, lol! love that you describe it for us, Ruud!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    but that means indeed trampling things down, right? not what Maggie said...
    In German, I know what Ruud said (ein Elefant im Porzellanladen), but not what you said, Maggie.
    Here it is just literal, Elephants in the room.

And I'm looking forward to "our" next installment, too, lol! love that you describe it for us, Ruud!
    Yes it is more about the human behavior of not respecting anyone els, being rude, looking for a fight even.

Today preparing next episode by a visit to a Swedish warehouse.
    The main goal for that visit was to get additions to our crockery (oh, those elephants! ;D).
    I found a nice small light and green background for the cave in the middle.
    So a new update is on its way.

We would be more likely to say “like a bull in a china shop” meaning clumsy or careless, causing damage.
    If i owned a china shop, i wouldn’t let in elephants or bulls lol!

We would be more likely to say “like a bull in a china shop” meaning clumsy or careless, causing damage.
    If i owned a china shop, i wouldn’t let in elephants or bulls lol!
    That is what elephants do too walking through such shops en closet, very bullying around ;D

I hope i haven’t totally lost interest in township by the time you do the cable car system Ruud! It sounds really interesting!

I hope i haven’t totally lost interest in township by the time you do the cable car system Ruud! It sounds really interesting!
    I really hope so!
    Lets hope Devs really come with some new interesting changes that give better profit and get you enthusiastic again after the new zoo debacle.
    A new wing in the Museum named 'Living Planet' might be helpful with that, but I need to give some attention to that idea before I officially offer it to the Devs.

Latest update, not the last
    Tomorrow it is time to let the elephants in...