Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chaos theory and the zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Souldeep View Post
    BUT - I don't get the point in naming animals any more. No one can visit and view the jokes to get a laugh.
    Marisa mentioned it as something "that is not as it should be" (words in starting post there) in the "Troubles in the zoo"--thread here:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1363556

which I find a good idea. Maybe it reaches Playrix this way, and maybe it can be changed to being able to read the books (visiting still works).

I’m not playing it at all! I’ve used up my space and have the design I want. I have all the animals I want so unless there’s zoo land expandion I still have zero incentive to play the zoo unless it’s a regatta task. From the looks of it I’m glad I finished zoo before update! Before the update I enjoyed looking at my zoo. Now I don’t with moving request bubbles everywhere now the zoo looks silly.
    Last edited by Alina Winterberry; 01-14-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    Wait until you have kids. LOL

... Now could be your opportunity to start.
    Haha, I already got 4 kids. From 22yo to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyone View Post
    Haha, I already got 4 kids. From 22yo to 10.
    I only have 2 kids myself. Thought any more than that would interfere with my town

It was my daughter that got me started on Township when she was about 7.

She's the "L" in L&P, as we shared a town for a while when her cheap tablet broke, and she couldn't access her own town.

She moved on though, and hardly plays now - probably sharper and a faster learner LOL. I'm the sole survivor in 4. Perhaps the powers that be are trying to tell me something.
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Within game:

I've started regularly buying the x2 helicopter coins booster and -30% production booster, to make up for the zoo income shortfall. Before I would only do so at regatta time.

I used to empty my market of almost all finished goods every time I could. I knew that the cost in market was usually less than you would get for helping friends or filling orders or your own planes, but, the big offset was when they became hot products and you made nice profits. Losing the zoo disturbed this balance, so I used my market less for a while. Then a knock on for acquiring XP less quickly.

Quite interesting to see how you end up indirectly using other areas of the game less because of the zoo being nerfed. Some are more obvious than others and some I notice immediately. Market wasn't one I originally spotted until thinking it thru.

Might as well use those gems for something LOL The purple amethysts were never needed for boosters so I just kept them in case new animals were released. Exchanging them for other colours made sense to buy boosters.

Feels like I've now addressed the coin imbalances created, but the game and strategies have been dumbed down in the process. More variety and choices use to allow more complicated strategies.

Anyone else finding any delayed shocks or surprises? LOL
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 01-16-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    Within game:

Feels like I've now addressed the coin imbalances created, but the game and strategies have been dumbed down in the process. More variety and choices use to allow more complicated strategies.
    absolutely!!

I literally just received my kindle update but have already anticipated some change in strategy. I don't have to worry about coins and haven't run the helicopter booster in years. I regularly run the 30% off factory production but without a working zoo my factories can slow way down. I used to buy out my total market 4 times day but don't need to now. I won't be giving 8 bagels to a polar bear for a clover when I can help 2-3 trains or planes for the same cost.

Since I am now only running a town -- and not an equal town and zoo -- I will use far fewer coins, boosters, tcash expenditures, and gems. And the game willl be much easier (an ultimately less interesting).

I do like reading your posts. You point out subtleties I hadn't considered
    Last edited by Cody Lyons; 01-16-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    absolutely!!

I literally just received my kindle update but have already anticipated some change in strategy. I don't have to worry about coins and haven't run the helicopter booster in years. I regularly run the 30% off factory production but without a working zoo my factories can slow way down. I used to buy out my total market 4 times day but don't need to now. I won't be giving 8 bagels to a polar bear for a clover when I can help 2-3 trains or planes for the same cost.

Since I am now only running a town -- and not an equal town and zoo -- I will use far fewer coins, boosters, tcash expenditures, and gems. And the game willl be much easier (an ultimately less interesting).

I do like reading your posts. You point out subtleties I hadn't considered
    One of the things I like about forums is the ideas that come out of them. No matter how bizarre or mundane. Subtle or blunt. Whether it's even to do with the game or not

It can often be something you disagree with or even dislike, but it can still set you off thinking on tangents for ideas. 2 character strengths I have are strategic + ideation, as defined by those strength finder tests. Probably magnifies the downside of my zoo getting nerfed though LOL

Your posts were interesting. It was your post on the zoo and how many coins you had, actually, that made me think more about the links between zoo - market - boosters and other areas. You're a few levels ahead of me on the main town, but we have the same zoos. I've more coins than I need, but you had something like 4 times more than me. Your 60 million+ is a heck of a lot. I fritter coins away a bit these days, but am frugal compared to most people.

When starting a new small town, about 3 months back - to experiment with - I knew the zoo was a powerful key to progressing quickly. So prioritised it above the main town.
    Reading your post and then thinking thru possible reasons why, really made a lot more of the subtle links click.

So my thanks to you on that one
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 01-16-2019 at 05:52 PM.

I realized something else now that I have a better feel for the new mechanism.

A player starting out will now be getting random cards for 45 different enclosures. It will be a long time until even one enclosure will be finished.
    Thus, progression will be very slow and a player will not see his zoo being built.

Eventually, the player will be able to build/ finish a bunch of enclosures at once, or at least within a short time, because the randomness of the cards means that over time he will get close to the number needed of many simultaeously.

Another huge flaw.

I am finding reggata very tedious now without the zoo tasks.
    Meanwhile, the other city-building game is beginning to take my attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Elyone View Post
    I realized something else now that I have a better feel for the new mechanism.

A player starting out will now be getting random cards for 45 different enclosures. It will be a long time until even one enclosure will be finished.
    Thus, progression will be very slow and a player will not see his zoo being built.

Eventually, the player will be able to build/ finish a bunch of enclosures at once, or at least within a short time, because the randomness of the cards means that over time he will get close to the number needed of many simultaeously.

Another huge flaw.

I wondered about that too. Seems like you don't jump thru all 45 enclosures and animals, but they are still progressing in some way.

L&P 3 has the next 6 enclosures/animals in process, corresponding to the old levels. No signs of a jump ahead to skip the old levels and definitely no snowy owl (last one - in old version)

So looks like there are a few controls somehow to mitigate the potential flaw you mentioned

Bit more info

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1368379