Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nevada, I add my example in the other thread yesterday morning. You can quote it here if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Nevada

Sadly that seem the case. I closed my game last night around 1h15, not completing the last order . Just opened it at 9h52. I have last night order and 2 new orders. I have a new 3 hours timer instead of the 20 minutes left that should be there.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 01-13-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Exited Township at 12:39. The timer on my zoo board said I would have a new order in 1 hour 23 Min, so my next order was due to arrive at 2:02. Then, additional orders should arrive at 5:02, 8:02, 11:02, etc.

Opened game at 9:39. Had 3 orders on the board and a new countdown starting at 2H 59M.

If things had worked out properly (with continuous countdown), I should have had 3 orders on the board and the countdown to my next order should have only been 1 hour 23 min. As is, I lost out on 1 hour and 37 minutes worth of progress towards my next zoo card.

zoo board 12_39.jpg zoo board 9_39.jpg
    Last edited by kitty4715; 01-13-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Exited Township at 12:39. The timer on my zoo board said I would have a new order in 1 hour 23 Min, so my next order was due to arrive at 2:02. Then, additional orders should arrive at 5:02, 8:02, 11:02, etc.

Opened game at 9:39. Had 3 orders on the board and a new countdown starting at 2H 59M.

If things had worked out properly (with continuous countdown), I should have had 3 orders on the board and the countdown to my next order should have only been 1 hour 23 min. As is, I lost out on 1 hour and 37 minutes worth of progress towards my next zoo card.
    Bingo! Your experience matches mine exactly and is what I was trying to say in my original posting.

I think they should have enough real-world evidence / procedures to reproduce the problem now. The hardest part of tracking down such a problem is getting a "reproducible test case" and I think you've documented that pretty well. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    How can you do regatta tasks, help friends, fill trains every 2 hours, use raj every hour..if you should only log in every 3 hours/5 minutes for zoo feedings? Or am I totally wrong...since I don't even have update yet
    Thank you for raising that - I was wondering pretty much the same thing. As much as I love the new update I don't see myself changing my entire game play to fill zoo orders - not just yet anyway

But if I can do 9 zoo orders a day instead of 8 a day / one every 3 hours without sleeping (or is it 7 because Playrix have got something wrong - still a bit puzzled), that could be a different ball game.

Now, if they could make it 10 orders a day, that could save me having to do a whole minute's worth of helicopter orders every day if "I'm in the zone"
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 01-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post

zoo board 12_39.jpg zoo board 9_39.jpg
    Thanks for that. I think it's the clearest example so far

Now you've cleared that up, I wouldn't say it's necessarily an error or bug on Playrix's part, but just the way it's been programmed.

In maths terms what they have done is "truncate" the number of tasks you would have got. In theory you would have got 3.XX tasks but they have just truncated the number at the decimal point, so it becomes 3 and then restarted the clock when you come in again.

This is very simple to calculate (and presumably program) as truncate ((exit time value minus re-entry time value) divided by 3). Then restart at 3h

It's a bit like being 21 years 364 days 5 hours 23 minutes and 5 seconds etc old. You're still just 21. We do that in so many walks of life just to keep things simple.

Or you mine 49 out of 50 ore in a regatta mining task it still equals 0 until that 50th - once you do 50 you restart on zero for the next task; but finish on 49 you still fill the task and restart at zero on the next task. At the end of the day one's a task and one's an order - not much difference really.

What they could also have done is rounded up the numbers after the decimal place so 3.49 becomes 3 but 3.51 becomes 4. They decided to truncate though, as rounding could be considered overly generous.

What people are saying is that it Playrix should have maintained the exact original exit time value and re-entry value time and all those decimal points.
    How many decimal points though? Should they be calculating to the minute/ second /milli-second/millionth of a second? Try calculating phi to the nearest whole number, 2 decimal places or 2000 places.
    Computers need to be told when to stop. They would still have to eventually cut off / round/ truncate anyway. So you can see how that may be more complicated.

So there's a good chance that what people are asking will require a programme re-write which is more complicated/ takes up more processing memory. The system would also have to remember different points in time for ever for each of millions of players. Truncate and reset is much easier. So Playrix may just decide no thank you.

After all they could have just done it like the planes, where if you go away for 16 hours you still only get the one plane when you come back. So they've already been pretty "generous" by giving you 3 orders when you come back instead of just 1
    If they gave you 3 planes tomorrow you'd be delighted, and wouldn't be asking for a reduction in time on the next one as well

I don't think it's a bug, just the way it has been programmed.
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 01-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.

The rule looks pretty simple now. Just a case of how you tactically work round it.

e.g. There's a parallel with planes:
    1) you can exit 1 minute before they are due and still make another 8 requested items you're going to need in your factory whether it takes you 16 minutes or 16 h to do so - providing you come back after they are finished; or
    2) you can remain in the game and be short 8 items.

You could also say to an extent someone disadvantages themselves by remaining in the game, rather than exiting for 16 minutes. At the end of the day you just make a choice based on the rules and what works best for you in that scenario
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 01-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.

I exited Township at 12:06a.m. just before going to bed(with one task on the order board)with 2:44 minutes left before the next task to come. That task should have come at 2:50 a.m.

I came back at 4:16 p.m, meaning that I should had 6 orders(5+1) at 5:50, 8:50, 11:50, 3:50p.m respectively. With​ the next order due at 6:50p.m. (i.e I had to wait for only 2:36 minutes for the new order).

But unfortunately that wasn't the case it showed 2:59 mints for the new order.

Screenshot_20190114-000114.jpg
    Screenshot_20190114-161846.jpg
    Town Name: Falcon......
    Level: 79
    Zoo: Hate It
    Playing on Android/iOS
    Friend Code: WMUVMM
    Always Full but will be "Happy to Help"!
    Co-op: Cat Show Boating
    #CH6E5M

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    The rule looks pretty simple now. Just a case of how you tactically work round it.

e.g. There's a parallel with planes:
    1) you can exit 1 minute before they are due and still make another 8 requested items you're going to need in your factory whether it takes you 16 minutes or 16 h to do so - providing you come back after they are finished; or
    2) you can remain in the game and be short 8 items.

You could also say to an extent someone disadvantages themselves by remaining in the game, rather than exiting for 16 minutes. At the end of the day you just make a choice based on the rules and what works best for you in that scenario
    L&P, I actually agree with you that the Zoo timer is doing exactly what the Developers want. It resets, cutting off any "earned" time toward the next order. My opinion is that the Developers could use the Market-style timer rather than the plane-style. If they have programmed a facet of the game to utilize an "absolute" timer (my term), then they can do it elsewhere. Obviously, the Developers will do as they please. Even if I would like things to be different, I accept their designs and adapt my game play to fit. Township is a distraction and not my real life, so shrug it off and keep going.

I simply play on with the hope that some of the ideas of some of the gamers might eventually see the light of day! So, I throw in my two cents!
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

I think the zoo board should work like the interseasonal task board.

Have the (eight) slots, have (four) filled with orders when you first log on, and start the 2:59 timer on one more slot. Fill orders in slot (one and three), and leave (two and four) because you can't complete them.

Now you have slot (one and three) showing 2:59, slot (two and four) showing orders, and slot five showing (2:45).

Log in half hour later, and complete orders in slot (two and four). Now slot (one and three) show 2:30, slot (two and four) show 2:59, and slot five 2:15.

Then when the timer runs out, your new order (like a chest in interseasonal) pops up. Every three hours, another order appears in slots six, seven, and eight, until all eight are filled with orders or timers, then all eight continue to roll every three hours from order completion.

If anyone can make sense of that and explain it better, be my guest
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I think the zoo board should work like the interseasonal task board.

Have the (eight) slots, have (four) filled with orders when you first log on, and start the 2:59 timer on one more slot. Fill orders in slot (one and three), and leave (two and four) because you can't complete them.

Now you have slot (one and three) showing 2:59, slot (two and four) showing orders, and slot five showing (2:45).

Log in half hour later, and complete orders in slot (two and four). Now slot (one and three) show 2:30, slot (two and four) show 2:59, and slot five 2:15.

Then when the timer runs out, your new order (like a chest in interseasonal) pops up. Every three hours, another order appears in slots six, seven, and eight, until all eight are filled with orders or timers, then all eight continue to roll every three hours from order completion.

If anyone can make sense of that and explain it better, be my guest
    Nevada, if I understand your suggestion, it would be like the helicopter system, where there are multiple orders which we can choose to fill completely, ask for partial help, or let sit until ready to fill. The only difference is that the slot will not refresh immediately after being filled, but only after 3 hours. Someone in another thread (don't know how to copy between threads) suggested similar, that all eight slots be waiting orders each day, and refresh 3 hours after being filled.
    This might be asking too much of the developers, because it seems they want a maximum of 8 orders per day. I truly don't know if any of our suggestions will move the programmers to make a change. Time will tell,
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J