Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How many orders arrive when?

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Anna,

There is a serious problem / flaw / bug in how the timer for the new zoo order board works. Now that many people have had a full day to play with the new zoo, we are seeing how the 3 hour countdown to the next order is not working in a logical fashion.

First reported by Hilltop Valley in the "Zoo Redesign" Thread, there have been a dozen or so messages documenting the strange behavior.

The issue is what happens when the countdown expires and you receive the new order and then it restarts for the next order.

It seems that if you are not in the game when the new order arrives, the timer restarts as you would expect. However, if you re-enter the game *before* the next interval expires, the timer *restarts* at 3:00. Stated another way, if you see that the timer will expire in 30 minutes and leave the game for 1 hour, when you return you will have a new order and the timer will say 3:00 (or 2:59), not the 2:30 you'd expect.

Worse, if you go to bed and get a good 8 hour rest, when you return to the game, you will have multiple new orders (assuming you have the room for them) as if the 3 hour countdown was behaving correctly while you slept. And when you look at the order board, you will see the correct number of new orders but the countdown will start at 3:00 again.

This has led One-Eye 57 to observe that you get penalized by playing the game and you get more new orders in a day by completely avoiding the game altogether. Clearly not the intent of the developers.

I encourage you to ask the developers to read that thread starting with the post I linked to and then look into this problem. It is not lost on us that there are a maximum of 8 slots and with a 3 hour delay between new orders that the intent is to have a full board in a single day. This timer flaw / bug is restricting the ability to play / advance the zoo.

Besides Hilltop Valley and One-Eye 57, Nana, Kitty4715, Zelda, and myself have all contributed their observations to that thread as well as a number of posts expressing concern about the slow pace of play related to the order board.

Thank you,
    Charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    Always willing to put in my two cents of opinion!

The Zoo order timer should be like the market, that is, an absolute 3 hour interval like the market's 6 hour refresh. We can pay to make it refresh sooner, but never delay a new order.

As well, the number of orders to earn a Chest could be leveled like the Interseasonal Regatta: 3 orders for Wooden; 5 orders for Iron; 7 orders for Golden; 9 orders for Precious. The player decides how many orders to fill before cashing in his/her credits; then get a reward quality based on the number of filled orders!

I guess that makes too much sense!

I would like to start this thread separately to try and get a better understanding of what exactly is happening with these orders.

Charlies original post has been moved into Anna's thread (as well as directly forwarded) to get as much attention from Playrix as possible, and I don't want to move it away from there. However, his wording is much clearer than mine was, so I'd rather start this thread with that info.

The idea here, is to simply post what your order board says whenever you visit your town.
    Last edited by Nevada; 01-13-2019 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Fixed first post for clearer understanding.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

So I logged on just after 6am.

8EFDC047-B060-4491-ABA7-57B84D1D75A5.jpg

Completed that order, and had just the timer showing.

If I go back on my game now, am I setting my next order back? I don't know...
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

How can you do regatta tasks, help friends, fill trains every 2 hours, use raj every hour..if you should only log in every 3 hours/5 minutes for zoo feedings? Or am I totally wrong...since I don't even have update yet
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    So I logged on just after 6am.

8EFDC047-B060-4491-ABA7-57B84D1D75A5.jpg

Completed that order, and had just the timer showing.

If I go back on my game now, am I setting my next order back? I don't know...
    I went away for the night with no orders pending for somewhere between 6 and 9 hours. Returned to find 2 new orders waiting and my timer at 2:59. Filled those orders. Hope I wasn't away for 8hrs59 or I just set myself way back, right? ....right? I can't live my game life in 3 hour increments, that's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Bessville; 01-13-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    How can you do regatta tasks, help friends, fill trains every 2 hours, use raj every hour..if you should only log in every 3 hours/5 minutes for zoo feedings? Or am I totally wrong...since I don't even have update yet
    This is exactly why I started this thread, because as has been mentioned in multiple places already, we're convinced (hoping) it's an error, and the more data we have to present to Playrix, the more likely (we hope) they are to see what we mean, and how this actually promotes avoiding playing, avoiding hiring Raja, and so on.

As for Charlies post, it was moved and immediately forwarded directly to admin to get it recognised as quickly as possible. Which also reverts back to the point of this thread. We all believe this to be an error, hence trying to get as much data as possible to try and get it changed (fixed?).
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

423F923D-F4E7-467D-9675-9BB75344D984.jpg

7:50am. ~1:45 since last log-in.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    This is exactly why I started this thread, because as has been mentioned in multiple places already, we're convinced (hoping) it's an error, and the more data we have to present to Playrix, the more likely (we hope) they are to see what we mean, and how this actually promotes avoiding playing, avoiding hiring Raja, and so on.

As for Charlies post, it was moved and immediately forwarded directly to admin to get it recognised as quickly as possible. Which also reverts back to the point of this thread. We all believe this to be an error, hence trying to get as much data as possible to try and get it changed (fixed?).
    Exactly Nevada, a specific thread for people to report on this issue. That was my concern when Charlies post was merged. So great thread to add
    I cant report anything at the mo as being on kindle I have had exactly zero orders

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I went away for the night with no orders pending for somewhere between 6 and 9 hours. Returned to find 2 new orders waiting and my timer at 2:59. Filled those orders. Hope I wasn't away for 8hrs59 or I just set myself way back, right? ....right? I can't live my game life in 3 hour increments, that's ridiculous.
    Went away for 3:20, returned to 1 order and 2:40 on the timer

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    And when you look at the order board, you will see the correct number of new orders but the countdown will start at 3:00 again.
    Not (always) true it seems.

I closed my game at 1:05 last night; I had 1 open order on the zoo board and the next one had to come in 2 h 55 (at 4:00 in the morning and of course 3 hours later another one at 7:00. When I opened my game at 7:03 I had NOT 3 orders on the board as espected, but 2; and 2 h 40 (not 2 h 59) to wait for the next. (To arrive at 9:43 in the morning). Te waiting time for those 2 new orders wasn’t 5 h 55, but 8 h 40.

During the night the servers of Playrix take a nap too?

E84CDBAA-39EA-48AA-81D9-05450A717663.jpg

12:42pm

Two orders to fill and a timer at 2:59.

Just under five hours since last log in.

So, I got one order at 10:50 (in theory), and then... What?
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,