Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I've received cards towards 7 different animals so far. In total I have 17 other unfinished enclosures at my zoo, in addition to those 7. I do seem to be accumulating more cards from those 7 'active' enclosures, rather than gathering them completely at random, though it's obviously too soon to say for sure.
    Yes, I should clarify I never meant that, say, someone working on a really early enclosure like the Penguins would suddenly get a card for the Bald Eagle enclosure. Certainly it can't be that random! (I hope lol). I just meant that someone could be mostly done with one animal family (maybe have one parent totally done, parent 2 at 28/30, baby 1 at 13/15, baby 2 at 7/10) and think they were close to finishing and then all of a sudden get a card for a new animal family which opens a whole new "can of worms" so to speak before they felt ready for it. It might cause the player to take longer to finish out that first animal family if now they start getting cards for the new species. I would guess there is some sort of "range" for the types of animals cards you can receive and how far "in advance" you can get of an enclosure you are currently working on. But this is pure speculation of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Can someone explain the concepts of "Doubles set"? As far as I've read in the forum, you don't receive cards for animals you already have. People with full zoos from the "olden days" are not receiving any cards at all.

The Playrix support site, in response to the question "How do I get Animal Cards", in addition to listing a bunch of ways, it says "- get them in exchange for card doubles once you collect a full Doubles Set at the Zoo Shop."

So what's a "Doubles Set" and how do you get one if you don't get more cards for animals you already have? I find the concept confusing.

Thanks in advance,

Disclaimer: My old zoo was full so I am not receiving any cards in the new scheme, I'm just trying to understand this so I can answer questions to my teammates
    I absolutely CAN NOT explain the concept, but I can give my theory (which is based on absolutely no evidence but just what I speculate it might involve). My GUESS is that you can still receive duplicate cards for an animal if that whole animal family is still in progress. For example. My porcupine family is currently: Dad Porcupine (have animal), Mom Porcupine (18/30 cards), Son Porcupine (11/15), Daughter Porcupine (5/10). My guess is that I could still be given a card for dad porcupine even though I don't need any more cards for him. That card would go in my "Doubles" set. Once I complete the entire family, I would no longer have to worry about getting any duplicate porcupine cards. In the mean time though, if I collect a certain number of doubles (don't know that quantity), I can then trade out those cards for new ones (presumably NOT any doubles, but strictly all cards that I actually need).

Once again, please don't take ANYTHING that I have said about the doubles collecting to be fact. I'm 100% guessing.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 01-12-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Thanks for creating that thread, Charlie. Hopefully, it will lead to some answers, clarification, or changes.

Now, I have a question. My Zoo was done long before this update. Suppose next update a new animal is introduced - say, sloth family. I assume I will now qualify to earn the animal cards. Will I start receiving cards for animals long ago populated in my Zoo? Will I have to wade through a bunch of them before I find one with a Sloth?

I was at first rather neutral about the revised Zoo. But I am leaning more toward negative every day. The Zoo orders is one issue. I wonder if the introduction of new animals will be another.

ETA: Also, how do we dispose of cards if we have no need/use for them?
    I’m only receiving cards for animals I haven’t got so far.... I think
    Towns: Tilga/Canowindra
    Coop: #CD42Q6
    Platform: iOS/Android
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/tilga.township.9

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Once again, please don't take ANYTHING that I have said about the doubles collecting to be fact. I'm 100% guessing.
    Your guess is way better than anything documented so far so I'm 100% a believer Thanks.

Now I understand even more of the feelings of LP to new zoo. You cannot even experience a little bit of the new system, except the cry for help in other town to give products for a few coins and XP.
    I just wonder, in the new building of the zoo the first card box is frlor free. Did anyone with a full zoo seen that box? And if so, did you opened it? And what was in it?
    Is it wearth to ask the players without the update/who didn't open it, to leave it as it is, at least till new animals were send from the Devs?

I received animal cards from HOL which I consider a poor prize as the zoo in my town is closed due to my total lack of interest in collecting animals. What is the point in getting more animals?

Exclamation Need Advice Quickly re When to Update

NEEDING ADVICE ASAP!
    I've postponed getting the update until I have an answer to this dilemma.
    I just purchased my final enclosure and used gems to purchase the mom, dad, and baby #1 who will be born when I log in. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase baby#2 with gems (I have plenty) and start the incubation process before doing the update OR should I do the update and start collecting cards for my final baby snowy owl? What do you guys think I should do?
    How hard will it be to collect cards when I only have ONE animal left to get for the entire zoo?
    Will I get my baby owl from doing the tutorial?
    What happens if I update while a baby is in the incubator?
    Please advise quickly!!!!
    Thanks so much!
    Geo
    Georgia Lundgren, Co-Leader of Smooth Waters
    ADD me on Facebook, easily reached via FB Messenger

get the cards you what

hi there,
    I am wondering how/best way to get the cards you what/need to finish the enclose

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    ...My GUESS is that you can still receive duplicate cards for an animal if that whole animal family is still in progress. For example. My porcupine family is currently: Dad Porcupine (have animal), Mom Porcupine (18/30 cards), Son Porcupine (11/15), Daughter Porcupine (5/10). My guess is that I could still be given a card for dad porcupine even though I don't need any more cards for him. That card would go in my "Doubles" set. Once I complete the entire family, I would no longer have to worry about getting any duplicate porcupine cards. In the mean time though, if I collect a certain number of doubles (don't know that quantity), I can then trade out those cards for new ones (presumably NOT any doubles, but strictly all cards that I actually need).

I'm pretty sure that's how I remember it working in beta, Kitty. I don't think we needed the entire set before exchanging them though, but it's been so long I could easily be misremembering. It's also slightly hard to draw comparisons because cards of whichever kind were so much easier to get in beta. I guess they had to be, for us to get a clear picture of if/how it all worked. Getting so few cards now is obviously making it really hard for any of us to be certain of anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by twitch71 View Post
    hi there,
    I am wondering how/best way to get the cards you what/need to finish the enclose
    I don't think it's something we can control, twitch. Or if it is, that's certainly not clear to me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia Lundgren View Post
    NEEDING ADVICE ASAP!
    I've postponed getting the update until I have an answer to this dilemma.
    I just purchased my final enclosure and used gems to purchase the mom, dad, and baby #1 who will be born when I log in. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase baby#2 with gems (I have plenty) and start the incubation process before doing the update OR should I do the update and start collecting cards for my final baby snowy owl? What do you guys think I should do?
    How hard will it be to collect cards when I only have ONE animal left to get for the entire zoo?
    Will I get my baby owl from doing the tutorial?
    What happens if I update while a baby is in the incubator?
    Please advise quickly!!!!
    Thanks so much!
    Geo
    In New zoo your baby owl will need about 10 rare cards to finish. In the meantime you also will get cards for other animals AND for the other owls you allready have.
    So it will take more time before your snow owl family is completed. You will experience it as if you have to collect the needed gems again.
    Hopefully this helps you to make a decision.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 112/Android