Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    If you have all animals, these cards would have been doubles, and you'd have gotten the explanation with it and be sent to the zoo shop for the doubles.
    If you just got cards, they went to your zoo book; open it and check? But that would mean that "zoo at max" means only all enclosures, not all animals, is that so?

If it remains a mystery, maybe it's time for an ingame report to Playrix?
    L&P 2's zoo has all enclosures and all animals.

So as you say they should have been doubles. Opened the zoo book and leafed thru the pages as well as the zoo shop (and scrolled right in it), but couldn't find the cards anywhere

Playrix were fine once when I had problems with my daughters town when she switched devices and operating systems ( a real techie fix). Anything else they seem more trouble than worth. I prefer asking and sharing on here

It's a mystery but I'll survive LOL
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post

So as you say they should have been doubles. Opened the zoo book and leafed thru the pages as well as the zoo shop (and scrolled right in it), but couldn't find the cards anywhere

Playrix were fine once when I had problems with my daughters town when she switched devices and operating systems ( a real techie fix). Anything else they seem more trouble than worth. I prefer asking and sharing on here

Doubles don't seem to show anywhere other than the card shop, L&P, so you wouldn't see them in your book. I got the little info pop-up about the doubles after picking up some cards where one said it was a double, which hadn't happened before. So I dutifully went to the card shop as directed and indeed found my new 'doubles pack' at the far right hand side, as expected. Yet the counter on the pack said I had 6/10 cards. I wasn't sure if the confusion was to do with my having beta tested, since nobody else had mentioned it that I saw, so I didn't make a thing of it here. But perhaps the game isn't reliably triggering the doubles pack (and blurb) to appear with your first few double cards at all..?

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Also, since updating, I have sent 4 planes, opened a ton of chests in the mine, played HOL 14 times, opened 4 chests from sending ships with platinum ingots, opened my daily chest in the town and islands, earned a chest for reaching a level up check point and I have yet to receive any animals cards as prizes for those (at HOL, didn't even see it as an option after making my selection). I do hope my luck will change with that sometime soon and we will get some animal cards from those other sources every once in a while as mentioned by Playrix.
    Update since my previous post...I have sent an additional 17 fully loaded planes (so 21 total since downloading the zoo update) and have yet to receive any animals cards in the "send off" reward chest. I've also played the House of Luck 12 more times and haven't earned any there or seen them present among the options once all chest contents are revealed. Plus opened 12 more free (unlocked) chests in the mine, 4 more chests from boats sent with platinum ingots, 2 more XP checkpoints reward chests, and 5 more free daily golden balloons and 5 free daily island chests. Zero cards.

In last week’s regatta, I finished 1st in my Gold League regatta race and didn’t earn any as part of the Top 3 bonus prizes, but I did receive one pack of cards in a wooden chest in my regular 5 regatta prize chests (I race solo so am maxed at 5 chests). It contained 8 regular adult cards, 3 rare baby cards, and 1 double card (platypus adult card which is a family I completed many months ago).

Based on these experiences, I will assume that, with my particular circumstances (only a few animals left to finish the entire zoo), completing zoo orders is the only way I can reasonably expect to get animals cards and there is very little chance I will ever receive animals cards as rewards in my town by completing the other actions Anna mentions in the OP, with the exception of maybe earning one pack per week from the regatta.

With interseasonal regatta coming up next week, I believe I saw from beta testers that packs were commonly rewarded as either the 3rd and/or 5th co-op goal. I assume they can also be found in the personal chests…wondering if Precious chests would be the best bet to find the ones with the most cards? I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Regatta rewards.jpg Regatta Zoo Animal pack.jpg
    Last edited by kitty4715; 01-17-2019 at 10:06 PM. Reason: updated plane amounts

Kindle user here.

Animal cards seem to be few and far between.

I received 6 once at HOL. But only once out of playing 20+ times.

I get them for reaching the chest goal in the zoo, but those orders take so long to come that it takes a long time to get those rewards.

I've sent off several planes. No cards.

I sent 2 ships with platinum ingots. No cards. Heck, the rewards themselves were lame. One held a brick.

I'm not getting them from free chests in the mine (and I'm mining a lot due to clay and ore tasks during regatta) .

I'm not getting them in golden balloons in my town, or other towns.

I was hoping that we'd be getting cards often, seeing that it takes so many cards to earn each animal. I'm just not seeing this to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Me Me Big Boy View Post
    ...Animal cards seem to be few and far between...
    ...I was hoping that we'd be getting cards often, seeing that it takes so many cards to earn each animal. I'm just not seeing this to be true.
    Things seem to be improving in my town in that regard as the days go on, Me Me (I'm sorry, I just can't call you Big Boy, rofl). I do think I'm going to end up getting most of my cards from racing though, if things stay as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post

lol, I see - as mentioned before, indeed you were right with searching them to the right in the zoo shop.
    As the solution doesn't seem to matter to you so much (or at least not urgently, is my impression), I'd say, give them a chance to play Sherlock and find out.

Regarding getting cards from outside the zoo, with the benefit of a little time to watch it, it now seems to vary for me from day to day. I'll pick up a few outside the zoo, get all excited that's going to continue, then my excitement drops with a big thud of meh when the next empty period kicks in. So it looks from the various comments here and in the feedback thread like all we can say so far is, it's not yet clear how the game decides who gets 'bonus' cards when, or from where. We need a few more people to comment, probably after watching it for a bit longer, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    We need a few more people to comment, probably after watching it for a bit longer, I think.
    I’m watching since the update (I’m on iOs) and the list of sources I received cards from is short: zoo orders and 2 sets in last week regatta rewards.

I send about 9 trains a day and 3 planes, play the HOL a few times a day, send ships with ingots, did 4 mining tasks in the regatta, open (free) balloons, pick my daily chest from the sea but never have seen a single animalcard. (None in de rewards of the color splash event either).

Since the Kindle update, I've received cards:

HOL - 2x

From 1 plane (I send full planes 2-3 times a day)

None from ships with ingots (4 ships)

None from mine.

I do have them as rewards for the Color splash event.

I get them through zoo chest rewards, but they take so long for the orders to come in that I'm still working on yesterday's 12 order chest, as the twelfth order is due in a couple hours still.

I've found the slowest way to get cards is through earning them at the zoo by filling orders.

I haven't gotten any cards in golden balloons, or free chests.

Getting animals through the card system is super slow going. So far I got the first camel as the free animal during the tutorial, and the second camel after earning various camel cards.

I have also earned 1 "double" card so far.

My card experience is this.
    HOL - 2 packs, see them a lot in chests I don't pick.
    Mine - don't know haven't mined, saving tools for regatta
    Planes- 2 cards out of maybe 12 planes sent
    Gold balloons - 2 cards, I open every one every day.
    Trains - zero
    Color splash event - zero
    Ships - I think I got one
    Sea chests - 1 card
    Zoo - every chest so far, but slow going

When I say cards it might have been a pack, didn't keep track as I was so excited to get something I didn't think to write it down.

I think it is totally random, and probably like Bess says, you go through a spell where you don't get any, then you get some.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017