Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of living in township.

Cost of living in township.

Dear Township Playrix Officials,

As Mayor of LaLa’s Land, population, 11, 875, I feel compelled to write you regarding the amount of letters from my townspeople complaining about the cost of living in LaLa’s Land, Township, Playrix.

I have compared the cost of living in other similar towns and find that all of us are subject to the same minimum wage and cost of living issues. I have talked to several mayors from those towns have discovered that we all, as mayors who love our towns and our towns people, have been coming out of pocket to compensate for this problem for some time now. These voluntary, yet necessary donations are something We are willing to continue HOWEVER, as Mayor, we must ask for help!

I have countless letters from my townspeople’s bringing it my attention that the minimum wage in our town compared to the cost of living is set infinitely out of balance. One town member brought it to my attention that she could not even buy a single factory box after watching several videos, and the videos are rarely available to her. Another letter complained that after receiving several achievement awards, she still did not have enough to pull one ship in early or finish her home early so they could have a roof over their heads. What could we do with our whole $1. We could push one loaf of bread through the factory early but since our plane wanted 9 loaves per cart, what a waste of valuable income that would have been! Yes! I have thousands of letters complaining about how the cost for pushing even one product through is set much higher than a days (or even a weeks) wages so, eating out is not even an option for my towns people! They, all of them, literally live on wheat alone because it’s only thing they get in these lean times. Must I remind you, man can not live on wheat alone?

Do you know how much I will receive from you once my population grows to 12,000 people? I will get $12 in cash reward. How far will that go to welcoming my new townspeople? Well, I just checked my copter to see how much it would cost me to send my new family a gift basket containing 1 fish and 1 blue hat as a welcome gift and it was $96. Need I say more? I can..... 6 fish would cost me $56, 6 rubber plants and 6 ears of corn would cost me $150 tcash to send, if I did not have it stock. Seriously, How can You justify asking us to spend tcash like it’s no big deal, like it’s mere fractions of pennies you are asking for here and yet, you reward tcash prizes as if it’s the rarest of gems? In the last fishing game grand prize was $20 I think, and it cost a whopping $9 (per pond) to renew your 1 tank early and it was roughly $56 tcash I think to get 10 extra lures if you happen to run out of one color. So, the grand prize itself couldn’t even have bought you enough lures to play the game one time through. (10 lures at $56would have been enough to clear one color of fish in all three tanks but, only 1 time, there were and average of 3 color fish per tank). Does this Gift seem reasonable to cost? Not to my townspeople. But, we played anyway because we Love our town and love participating. We do hope that our participation will mean something to you and that you will be willing to make changes.

So, As mayor of LaLas Land, I must ask you to consider increasing minimum wage (amount of cash offered in reward settings) and lowering the cost of living (how much we must pay per...EVERYTHING FROM pulling a task into the task board, renewing a copter, to pulling a ship in early, to pushing and item through a factory, it’s $10 per blue hat ) I can not keep this town afloat as it is, much longer, for as you know, I do not receive any income for being mayor, I do this as a volunteer.

In fact, since becoming mayor, I have had to take a part time job to support the amount of money I must donate to the good of my town! Last month, before starting a 2nd job, I had to sacrifice my own dining out money and the cable bill money as well! Now, I can not and I will not donate our internet bill money, for as you well know, my town would literally fall of the grid if I did that! You yourself would not even be able to receive my donations if that happened. What then? Huh?

What’s a Mayor to do?
    I truly fear that my townspeople will vote me out office in the next election if something isn’t done soon. I know my bank account is drained and I may not be able to continue as Mayor much longer. Please help! You know, you can NOT deny, that these scales (cost vs gift reward) are severely of balance! My townspeople know that they are and I have bags and bags of mail here to prove it.

Sincerely yours,
    LaLa
    Devoted Mayor of LaLa’s Land

P.S. Attn ALL MAYORS, if you have similar issues in your town (and I know you do) please put your letter and ideas here. After all, a cost of living increase should be standard and one should be issued-annually, especially since we now have the zoo to support(which, I might add, my neighboring towns have been asking for help with their zoo at a rapid pace and these requests are no small order!) I would in fact think they need to

Declare a STATE OF EMERGENCY!

One request wanted 6 fish. Do u know how much you would have to pay to pull those boats in early or, how many trips to raja it would take to fill that Order? Well, 6 fish in copters costs $56 tcash, which would be cheaper than pulling that boat twice! and it would take several coins 2 trips to raja (if u have paid the $90 or $72 per 10 days to keep him). And that wasn’t even all this zoo request asked from this poor poor Mayor! And... for what? Do you think the return on that was worth it!? I assure you the reward was not in alignment with the gift. His zoo is sure to go under quickly at this pace.

IN FACT, should we enlist the aid of ZAA (zoo animal activists) everywhere to see if they will support us in our fight to lower cost of food(amount of food being requested) for our poor hungry zoo animals? Any suggestions here?

Something must change in the zoo area for sure! otherwise, as Mayor, I can not, in good conscious, even consider increasing the size of a zoo I know WE CAN NOT afford to feed properly! It will remain an empty place and the current animals will surely die of starvation. This I have cried over until I am dehydrated!

My only option then was to take a vote zoo or regatta and my townspeople decided they much prefer the Regatta, however, as you all know, we are currently facing major issues with the funding to even support this event (Thanks to speed racing and hopping and a host of other concerns that make this event very costly) so that even this most excellent weekly attraction could be on “the chopping block” if something doesn’t happen soon!

I have agreed, as Mayor to continue to make a small donation weekly to this Regatta event (for the sake of my townspeople)....however, that donation has not, to date, been sufficient to cover the entire cost and I fear, if something doesn’t change soon, we will lose this event and that.... In turn.....would most likely cause most townspeople to fall into severe severe depression and need counseling! (which I’m sure, will end up, yet another out of pocket expense for me to handle personally!) =)

Please Mayors, join me in a quest to stand up for our townspeople and get some government assistance to help us keep our towns from becoming Ghost Towns! It’s like watching The Beverly Hillbillies, only if, they had not struck it rich and yet, still ....tried to survive in Beverly Hills., can u imagine? if they could NOT have afforded the concrete for that cement pond? It truly Just would NOT have been the same show at All! =)

In fact, I even bought the oil rig for my townspeople hoping to strike it rich and to date, it has not wielded neigh a drop! Not one! Hoping I will not regret that investment!

Sincerely LaLa
    Mayor of LaLa’s Land
    LaLa’s Land
    Playing Township since August, 2018

Yes and No.

Yes, you absolutely nailed it, and No, they won't change anything.

Very nicely written though, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lousy View Post
    Yes and No.

Yes, you absolutely nailed it, and No, they won't change anything.

Very nicely written though, thank you!
    Oh, Thank you! But I have to. Admit, that was a bit like the 4th of July. Ya know, when you buy that most awesome firework, and you light it, stand back an wait for the awesome light show....but, the flame burns down to the top and then,,,,,makes a lil “poof” noise...and releases a tiny lil puff of smoke AND THEN....it’s over. THSTS IT, all that for nothing. =(. ... geez!
    Mayors have no pull around here. What a hopeless cause! What do I tell my poor townspeople and zoo animals.
    LaLa’s Land

Maybe you should have founded a cult instead of a town. Gurus usually don't get elected out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Lousy View Post
    Maybe you should have founded a cult instead of a town. Gurus usually don't get elected out of office.

hahaha very funny! Lol! (Belly laugh!)
    But hey now! You can’t go blaming me for that, it’s called township after all not, guruship! Great answer though lol! Oh well, guess I could quit my job as Mayor, and start writing letters as a Hobby! It was very entertaining, at least for me! And, even if that job doesn’t pay well, as long as there is no fee, I will still be more financially sound! Lol.
    Thanks Lo!
    LaLa’s Land

In all seriousness you really aren’t using t-cash for tasks like bringing a boat in early or to play the minigames, are you?
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 96
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    In all seriousness you really aren’t using t-cash for tasks like bringing a boat in early or to play the minigames, are you?
    At those prices, are you kidding me? Never, not once! Which is why I used them as an example. But would I spend on these things if they were more reasonable. Yes! Absolutely, on occasion I would. I’ve spent on a plane or train to pull a lil early (once it gets within, what I consider to be reasonable) and yes, some of the mini games I enjoy playing and would spend a lil more play to longer if I could afford it. (Not all of the but a couple of them anyway). But what I’ve spent my money on was NOT the point. The point was, there is little I can afford to spend my money on that was the point and yes, I probably would spend more if I got a lil more bang for my buck. The cost play extra on mini games compared to gift is ...shockingly out of proportion, as are other things within the game but....
    I wrote a playfully humorous vent on some serious issues within the game that I have seen several people post comments on in other threads. This was my way putting it.
    I know I have choices here! All I’m saying is, I would have more choices if they were more affordable.
    LaLa’s Land

the t-cash speedup options are so ridiculously expensive, that it makes no sense to use them ever. This is an option to accidentally waste your t-cash

I wish to have an option "no wasting taxpayers money" - like "no decorations = lower taxes = lower prices"
    Co-op: GRENN9
    Level: 60

A bit of topic, but I've always disliked how the cost doesn't go down very much with the time. The plane costs 9 T-cash to call back early, but if you wait like 2 hrs, it only goes down to 8. By the time it only costs a couple bucks, the plane is almost back already. I played another game that had the cost go down incrementally with the time....like if 5hrs cost 10 T-cash, 4hrs would be 8 T-cash, 3hrs would be 6, etc. I know they have their own pattern, but I know I would rush a few things here and there if it wasn't so expensive and a little more predictable. As it stands, I don't spend any T-cash rushing things cause it's just not worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    A bit of topic, but I've always disliked how the cost doesn't go down very much with the time. The plane costs 9 T-cash to call back early, but if you wait like 2 hrs, it only goes down to 8. By the time it only costs a couple bucks, the plane is almost back already. I played another game that had the cost go down incrementally with the time....like if 5hrs cost 10 T-cash, 4hrs would be 8 T-cash, 3hrs would be 6, etc. I know they have their own pattern, but I know I would rush a few things here and there if it wasn't so expensive and a little more predictable. As it stands, I don't spend any T-cash rushing things cause it's just not worth the price.
    That is not at all off topic in my opinion. That is an excellent point in fact! This example as well, is exactly what I am talking about. Cost ratio vs....all things we have the option to spend on, if they could just narrow the gap a tad to be a lil more, reasonable.
    I have never pulled in planes back to back etc, not even to complete a task. I have, I’m sorry to say, caved and done it 1 time ONLY on my trains but only because, it was our second regatta in Gold, we had just been hit with these speed racers and at that point, had no idea what was going on, I hadn’t come to forum yet and where I discovered what was going on so, at that point, we couldn’t figure out where these racers came from or how they were doing all the tasks in just one day. (Assumed they were spending to win)...I had chosen a ? Mark task as my first task and got trains and after watching them complete task after task in mere minutes I caved under pressure and pulled all my trains back to back so I could move on and try for a faster task. Then I was so mad at myself for spending that money on that, I said...NEVER AGAIN will you cave! In other examples I have pulled in items a lil early even though the cost is not in alignment with the time it really saves me, but even then, I usually only did it if there were extenuating circumstances, like perhaps, I had to get on with real life errands and couldn’t wait or I would lose the task or I have another task reserved that is holding up the board for my team members and I want shave as much off the time as my budget will allow even though I don’t feel I get my monies worth.
    I did raise 5 kids on a budget so I do know how to go without to provide things necessary but......sometimes.....you just cave n go for both you know? Even when it’s NOT the wisest choice, which I’m sure is what, THEY BANK ON,....so to speak! Hahhahaha

Thank you for sharing this experience.
    Hmmm.....Maybe this is a lil like group therapy? It may be that what lil hope I have, change will actually come, is most likely fantasy, but at least we gain friends to vent with and keep us smiling .
    Thanks!
    LaLa’s Land