Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Compensation

I totally agree with you Bess!

Cody, Bess just reacted on my post so please don't put words in her mouth that aren't even close to what she was meaning.
    I also have an (almost) fully developed zoo, so so mourning will be on my way to after the Update.
    But I like to look forward and there will be more positive things to come, I am sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I am also pleased we get to keep them as decs as I really like a couple of them
    Creating an Ice cream Village in your town is now possible!
    A lot of you Small town lovers will look forward to this addition too there Sweet Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Creating an Ice cream Village in your town is now possible!
    A lot of you Small town lovers will look forward to this addition too there Sweet Valley
    Lol Ruud, not something I thought of but sounds good

Maybe you could think of the compensation for shops in this way.....
    When you buy a new car or something after a few years of enjoying your new purchase it becomes necessary to update it. The new model has lots of new technology and accessories. So you sell or trade in your old model for the new one. You don't get what you paid for it you get a much lesser value same as what you are getting for the shops.
    Of course real estate (shops) usually go up in value over time but not always. You have made good use of your real estate and received a lot of money, gems, barn tools, and things from it. Now you have to move and your property is in a bad market so you will get paid less than you would like when you sell it.
    But think how nice it will be to move to a new house (zoo).
    Just a thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    I really don't understand this "you used the shops while you had them so it doesn't matter that they have now been taken away from you". I spent a ton of time and resources building and upgrading the zoo shops and they are an integral part of my game play. I following the rules and intention of how Playrix designed they zoo and now they have totally changed everything. All the players that loved their zoo and worked hard to build their zoo are being totally robbed. No amount of compensation will pay me for my time, effort, 700+ purple gems, and the loss of working zoo shops.

I am very glad they have worked on the zoo. I'm glad it will be easier for people to develop their zoos. But this could have been done without robbing me of something I really paid for.

But at least now when players complain that a dearly loved decoration that had been purchased with hard earned resources has been arbitrarily changed by Playrix I can say "well you got to enjoy your decoration all this time that you have had it ..." . Although I doubt that will really soften the blow.
    Bess if I misrepresented what you meant in your quote then I sincerely apologize. But I have seen this general statement several times before (pages 11 and 15 of the original thread, now closed). When I read "you have used your shops" when discussing the old zoo it implies TO ME that I shouldn't complain about no longer being able to do so in the new zoo. TO ME it implies it doesn't matter how much time and effort I put into my now defunct shops because up until now "I have been using them". If that is not what you meant please accept my apologies. Do you see where I am coming from though?

...Do you see where I am coming from though?
    I do Cody, absolutely. And it sucks, from your point of view, I get that. There's always winners and losers with any change to the status quo, I guess.

The fact is, though, that this was a thread asking for opinions on whether the compensation was enough or not. You've already said "no amount of compensation will pay me for my time, effort, 700+ purple gems, and the loss of working zoo shops". So it's pretty clear that whether people think it is or isn't fair, you aren't going to agree either way because you fundamentally object to the need for compensation at all - you liked your shops as they were. Which is fair enough, obvs. I, and others, have offered a potential explanation of the logic behind the figures which might mean some people could see it a different way, and so feel less aggrieved. And therefore happier. But unfortunately that's definitely not gonna be you. For what it's worth, I do genuinely sympathise.

I'm sure some people will think the compensation is fair. They should post their opinion here. Some will feel the compensation is low but Ok. They should post their opinion here. IMHO I think many of the subset of players that have totally maxed out their zoos and have been working their shops for the huge irreplaceable source of barn and mining tools they supply will feel that no compensation will be adequate replacement for the loss of that ongoing resource-- no matter what logical explanations are offered. (I never said I was fundamentally opposed to compensation -- please don't put words in my mouth -- and I am always open to differences of opinion). I am one of that subset and am just stating my opinion here. Playrix will do what Playrix will do. And the world will keep on spinning. But this was a thread for opinions and I have posted mine.
    Last edited by Cody Lyons; 01-10-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: %$#&@ kindle keyboard

I was really proud of how much I had achieved with my zoo shop upgrades so far, and for me personally seeing that disappear is what I am most sad about. I don't really care about the amount of compensation in itself. I just think a more generous offer would make me feel like Playrix were saying, 'we recognise all your hard work'.

I am sure I will get over this once I start progressing and achieving things in the new zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    Maybe you could think of the compensation for shops in this way.....
    When you buy a new car or something after a few years of enjoying your new purchase it becomes necessary to update it. The new model has lots of new technology and accessories. So you sell or trade in your old model for the new one. You don't get what you paid for it you get a much lesser value same as what you are getting for the shops.
    Of course real estate (shops) usually go up in value over time but not always. You have made good use of your real estate and received a lot of money, gems, barn tools, and things from it. Now you have to move and your property is in a bad market so you will get paid less than you would like when you sell it.
    But think how nice it will be to move to a new house (zoo).
    Just a thought.....
    Nice thoughts

But I think My new model is missing all those new technologies and accessories.

Feels more like someone has taken my 2 year old Mercedes and given me a Skoda.

Or taken my nice 5 bedroom detached house and given me a camper Van / trailer

LOL

I'm sure some people will think the compensation is fair. They should post their opinion here. Some will feel the compensation is low but Ok. They should post their opinion here. IMHO I think many of the subset of players that have totally maxed out their zoos and have been working their shops for the huge irreplaceable source of barn and mining tools they supply will feel that no compensation will be adequate replacement for the loss of that ongoing resource-- no matter what logical explanations are offered. (I never said I was fundamentally opposed to compensation -- please don't put words in my mouth -- and I am always open to differences of opinion). I am one of that subset and am just stating my opinion here. Playrix will do what Playrix will do. And the world will keep on spinning. But this was a thread for opinions and I have posted mine.
    So glad I tried to be conciliatory. Lesson learned. Guess I know what I can do with my well-intentioned sympathy, eh?