Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Zoo Redesign - General Discussion

Hi,

Since the new update is out, you can discuss all general aspects of the newly redesigned zoo in this thread!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

And it is all true. Shops are now mere decorations. Compensation in coins and t-cash. The exchange rate is ridiculously out of proportion. A similar exchange rate at the stock and money market would be to get one dollar cent for one euro, meaning you lose 99% of all effort you have put into shops.
    The amethyst purple gems also disappeared. You get THE SAME NUMBER of other gems for them! Meaning, for example: 30 purple gems give you 10 of each of the other gems. How do you like that one? This gem exchange is a true scam.

For the rest: it is all about earning cards to get animals. I did not look into it yet.

The only positive aspect is the disappearance of ALL zoo building materials. I did not yet look into it how to build enclosures.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 01-09-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Positive aspects: no more zoo building materials which is fine for your barn. The amount of coins needed to buy enclosures was reduced. I do not know whether anything else is needed after the building time is over. I just bought an enclosure and have to wait and see what happens after 36 hours.

You have to feed animals and visitors (not animals with visitors. There is a new zoo building where all the cards and card collections are stored.
    The whole non-buildable entrance area has a new design. I do have the feeling it cost us a small part of the extensions right next to it. If you have designed anything at those places you might have to redesign it.

Tx Dreadnought

It‘s only feeding visitors, not animals. As far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    You have to feed animals and visitors (not animals with visitors
    I know some people who will be disappointed by that.. Do the items we need to feed animals make any sense? Or do the tigers want corn soups and dresses?

Good to know that cards won't eat up precious barn space.

Edit: just saw your comment about only feeding visitors. Mystery solved.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Only food stuff for the visitors: bagles, ice, carrots, whatever you can eat.
    As far as I can see no cards in the barn.
    And one new extension in the northwest corner of the zoo.

Elven, have you managed to complete the tutorial and continue on in your zoo?

I got asked to feed an animal, (whatever), and then when the order is “completed”, I get stuck on that screen and can’t click out of it.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Elven, have you managed to complete the tutorial and continue on in your zoo?

I got asked to feed an animal, (whatever), and then when the order is “completed”, I get stuck on that screen and can’t click out of it.
    Yes, I could continue playing.
    To get the rewards you have to feed the 2 food kinds required.
    But I only got coins and experience points for it. The red heart points do not exist anymore.

And, yes, there are animals to feed as well! Suddenly my bears want bacon and strawberries!??!

Nevada, just try it outside the tutorial? I play Ipad in German, and it works.
    Last edited by Elvengirl; 01-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.

I’m wondering if it’s beta test related?

Would be good to know if other people who beta’d the new zoo are having issues?

Currently nothing will get me off the tutorial, other than force-closing the app and reloading. But then as soon as I go back to my zoo; same thing.

CS are working on it though, so, fingers crossed
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.