Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to retrieve Island Coupon?

Where to retrieve Island Coupon?

Bought the Giant Bundle pack which includes a coupon for a free island upgrade, but can't find or figure out where to redeem. When I go to academy island upgrade wants ingots or T-cash. Where can I redeem the island upgrade coupon?

Quote Originally Posted by Argus012755 View Post
    Bought the Giant Bundle pack which includes a coupon for a free island upgrade, but can't find or figure out where to redeem. When I go to academy island upgrade wants ingots or T-cash. Where can I redeem the island upgrade coupon?
    Hi,

If the bundle you purchased really contained a coupon for a free island upgrade, the Academy of Industry is the place to redeem it. However, i don't see any island upgrade coupons in my "Giant Bundle" offer (or in any offers for that matter), so maybe you mistook it for another coupon?
    When you open the offer options, you can tap and hold each item to see a description of what it is for. Can you check again what items you have in the "Giant Bundle" offer?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

IslandCouponGiantBundle.jpg
    I think I've attach a screen capture of the Giant Bundle Pack which says it contains an island upgrade coupon.
    Only place I can see an island upgrade is the Academy of Industry and I click on an island it wants ingots. I am playing on a Mac.
    Last edited by Argus012755; 01-05-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Additional infomation

Quote Originally Posted by Argus012755 View Post
    IslandCouponGiantBundle.jpg
    I think I've attach a screen capture of the Giant Bundle Pack which says it contains an island upgrade coupon.
    Only place I can see an island upgrade is the Academy of Industry and I click on an island it wants ingots. I am playing on a Mac.
    That's definitely an island upgrade coupon (i have a train upgrade coupon in my offer instead of that one). If you made this purchase, and you got all the other items except that one, you will have to report it directly from within your game. Go to Settings > Help and Support > In-App Purchases, and they will rectify this issue. After you send your message, you will receive an automated response, you will have to reply to that right away, so your ticket won't be closed.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    FORUM RULES

Be careful to take a screen shot of what you are purchasing. It's been 5 days now and I am still waiting for an answer from the support team. Luckily I did take a screen shot as seen in a previous post that says I bought a pack with an Island upgrade coupon. Sure hope I get an answer soon.
    Last edited by Argus012755; 01-11-2019 at 03:20 AM. Reason: corrections

When you win an Island Upgrade coupon from an event it doesn't go to the Academy of Industry. It is ready to use. Go to your islands like you are going to upgrade and they all will have the coupon shown instead of the ingot amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
    When you win an Island Upgrade coupon from an event it doesn't go to the Academy of Industry. It is ready to use. Go to your islands like you are going to upgrade and they all will have the coupon shown instead of the ingot amounts.
    All upgrades (factories, trains, islands) are done IN the Academy of Industry. So when you "go to upgrade", you're actually going to the Academy, and you're right, instead of ingots, the coupon should be shown.
    FORUM RULES

Yes you’ve been doing it right. Go direct to academy of industry and it should show you can update any one of the islands. As it didn’t you are right to contact Playrix as it isn’t working as should.

=====
    One tip: While you are waiting for Playrix to resolve this, take the time to see which island upgrade gives best “value for money”/VFM.
    Always decide which island you are going to upgrade before before you acquire the coupon by whatever means, whether winning and claiming, buying etc

By VFM I sort of mean value for ingots. Lol

Look at how many ingots and of what type it would cost you to buy the island upgrade for each of the upgrades. Then keep monitoring this until they finally give it to you.

The problem is that once you get the coupon you then can’t see what it would have cost in ingots for the upgrade and you are sort of doing blind if you haven’t planned / checked before.

You should always check in this before taking/ gaining an island or train upgrade coupon by any method. As the moment you get it you won’t be able to see what it would otherwise cost in ingots.

e.g. if I look at L&P Star 3 town now, it would cost me 14 bronze and 4 silver to upgrade frutus but 19 bronze and 11 silver for Fisherman’s. But if I hadn’t been monitoring I would be doing blind and wouldn’t know that Fisherman is clearly better than Frutus to use.

There are other factors to consider of course, like how badly you want/ need a particular island, how to compare different values of ingots to each other, which ingots you already hold etc. it’s an art as much as a science, as people may have different priorities factors and sources.

But key is make your choice before you get the coupon.

I’d go as far as to say it’s worth keeping in mind at all times (within reason or where there’s a possibility) of getting an island, train or factory upgrade, what you would upgrade if you had one. As the moment you get them you’re blind LOL
    Level: 210 L&P Star 2 / Level 63 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post

I’d go as far as to say it’s worth keeping in mind at all times (within reason or where there’s a possibility) of getting an island, train or factory upgrade, what you would upgrade if you had one. As the moment you get them you’re blind LOL
    I'm thinking this advice is excellent enough to warrant adding into the tips thread too, if you could, L&P. Not least because I still forget to do it almost every time myself
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - Township Support.
    - the search function to see relevant posts.

Yes, good idea!

(Are upgrades the only thing we use our ingots for now?)