Thread: regatta animal feed tasks

regatta animal feed tasks

I spent over an hour preparing for my next task feeding 130 animals then all the tasks got changed so that was a big waste of time and have to sell of over 100 feed bags thanks y do they do this, lol
    Last edited by Bessville; 01-05-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: More info in title

Are you in a co-op with more members? Someone else might've either taken the task or dump the task from the board.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

The tasks only change if someone in your co-op takes or dumps them, so asking us here is not going to get you a reason why.

If you're Prepping a task; reserve it. Write it in co-op chat. Add it to your town name.

Why on earth are you making so much feed to prep? Cows take 20 mins to be ready, you can make four bags of feed in that time, enough to feed another 12 cows... Chicken feed is what, 10 minutes, with an hour between collection, so you can make another six bags to feed 18 chicken's. Sheep take four hours to be ready, that's 12 bags of feed, enough to feed 36 sheep...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Your game play is your choice. Just seems odd in a world of limited barn space to be filling it with animal feed.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Nevada, it threw me off a bit as well, but I believe he's counting each of the 3 in each bag. Not 100 feed bags, but enough feed to feed 100 animals.....I think.

Scotty, I don't know what level you're on, but my advice would be to upgrade your feed mills until they have enough shelves to feed ALL your animals in one go, no matter how many animals that is.
    Mine will be different than yours, but I have 3 feed mills with 8 shelves each. I keep them stocked at ALL times. One mill has 6 chicken 2 pig, 2nd mill has 4 sheep, 3 cow, 1 pig....3rd has 4 bees, 3 cows, 1 pig. I'm weird, I know. As soon as I take the task I collect from all the animals and make chicken in one mill and cows in the other 2. As soon as the task is done, I start making the long feeds to stock up again. It takes an hour to do the task with no prep and no feed bags in the barn.

Even so, that's a lot of feed to store when feed makes quicker than production...
    Agreed though, H, your way of 100 animal feed sounds better than my vision of 100 bags of feed

I have my animals set up:

18 cows (6 bags)
    18 chickens (6 bags)
    12 sheep (4 bags)
    6 pigs (2 bags)
    6 bees (2 bags).

One feed mill is aaaaall cow feed. 8 shelves and 7 queue boxes all cows.
    Second feed mill is aaaaall chicken feed. As above.
    Third feed mill is the 4 sheep bags, 2 pig, and 2 bee. Nothing queued.

That way, three swipes over factory shelves will feed all my animals in one go, cow and chicken feed is already re-making, and I can make sheep/pig/bee at my leisure cause they wont need re-fed for this task, and they're at least four hours off needing fed anyway.
    I only keep the S/P/B feed queue boxes empty in case I suddenly need to go all bee feed or whatever for a mystery task.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Mine are 8 shelves, 6 boxes each.
    1: 6 cows + 2 bees
    2: 6 chickens + 2 bees
    3: 4 sheep + 4 pigs

Scoop the whole lot, feed everything once,
    Replace with
    1: all cows 2: all chickens 3: all cows ...because I won't need bees, pigs or sheep again for ages, so I can replenish them at my leisure after I'm done. And by the time my cows come back around I'll have plenty of their feed ready this way.

Guess the takeaway is there's many ways to skin this particular cat, Scotty, but feed mill shelves ought to be enough storage space for feed without involving your barn at all, if you're upgraded to 8 shelves (level 13 upgrade). Having at least 6 boxes just lets you walk away for longer.

I use one mill just for cows & have all shelves & production line full, second mill just for chickens, all shelves and production full. The third mill is for sheep,pigs and bees, this is a mix but generally stays at 4 sheep, 4 pigs and 3 bees feed on shelves and production line with one box on production left empty. Works for me

ETA I only have 4 boxes at the moment but as Bess says more boxes lets you prep quicker in advance and I will be increasing my boxes
    Last edited by Downton; 01-05-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Seems we all have different configurations. I also have 3 mills, 8 shelves 6 boxes.

1: 4 bees, 2 cows, 2 chickens
    2 & 3: 2 cows, 2 chickens, 2 sheep, 2 pigs

I never feed the bees, pigs or sheep for feed animal tasks as that would then rule me out of taking wool, bacon or honeycomb tasks (especially important if mystery boxes are involved). For an extra 20 mins or so I can do the task just using cows, chickens and ducks

We do have different configurations. Mine are :

6 cows + 2 sheeps
    6 chickens + 2 sheeps
    4 bees + 4 pigs

As for the feeding task, do not forget the ducks ;-)
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    We do have different configurations. Mine are :

6 cows + 2 sheeps
    6 chickens + 2 sheeps
    4 bees + 4 pigs

As for the feeding task, do not forget the ducks ;-)
    Graylady, my feedmills have the same configuration as yours:

6 cows + 2 sheeps
    6 chickens + 2 sheeps
    4 bees + 4 pigs

And at least 4 banana breads for my spoiled Ducks

Scotty, I asume you already have your three feedmills. Upgrading them works like doing one, all three benefit.