Thread: Ask the Devi. A waste of time?

Ask the Devi. A waste of time?

So, we get to ask the Devs questions and they don't answer anything of importance to the game, just a waste of our time. There were a lot of genuinely good questions there that need answering, but all they did was give themselves a big pat on the back and not bother with any of the important or pressing issues about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallatar View Post
    So, we get to ask the Devs questions and they don't answer anything of importance to the game, just a waste of our time. There were a lot of genuinely good questions there that need answering, but all they did was give themselves a big pat on the back and not bother with any of the important or pressing issues about the game.
    Hi Mallatar,

It was said that the most interesting questions would be selected to answer. It was never intended to be a long session, which is why only one question per post was requested. Although, to be honest, I would have been meaner and made it one question per member. What do you feel was missed and was important?

I think this "ask the devs" thread was not meant (and should not, imo) to be a thread to explain or even to solve particular problems but to be a possibility to explore and communicate the devs' ideas and intentions on the game in general.

I myself stopped following the thread very soon, just when I recognized lots of people use it to bring their individual problems to the devs' attention. For this imo we have the entire forum and I did not want to read additionally hundreds of mixed issues in a single thread.

I had been happy with the posts the devs picked and answered, I found it very interesting to get a wider idea of the team's history and especially of their personal game spirits and passions.
    So to answer your topic: Finally to me it wasn't a waste of time; quite the opposite, the devs's answers emotionally brought me back to the game after some bad problems I had with it myself.
    Last edited by Missy's; 12-24-2016 at 08:45 AM.
    Grüße & Best Regards,

Town: ....... Missy's
    My_Coop: . Frond M
    Coop Tag: . #FR2524
    Level: .......145, Gold
    Minimum: ..Level 95
    Language: .German

Started:....July 2016
    Pathes are made by walking

I guess you did not hear the huge sign of relief from iMac players then? Around here it was deafening!
    Many are very, very grateful to hear on from Anton in a public forum that their towns have a sustainable future to look forward to.
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 231) A877VE iOS (level 83)

Great posts Missy and Talpa!

As many players, I am invested in this game. Yes I have used some real money when I have wanted to. But it is more than that. I too am happy with the questions that were picked. The fact that the IMac question was answered so honestly and positively does make a huge difference to all our members, especially our so patient iMac players

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    Hi Mallatar,

It was said that the most interesting questions would be selected to answer. It was never intended to be a long session, which is why only one question per post was requested. Although, to be honest, I would have been meaner and made it one question per member. What do you feel was missed and was important?
    One question per member would have been a better idea, and many questions got repeated. But, apart from one or two answers the rest did not deal with game development. The question as to why the prizes for winning the gold league in the regatta are rubbish was an interesting one, but like every question that had any negativity towards the game, it was not answered.

I love this game, but, none of the "difficult" questions were answered and that is why it was pointless wasting our time with it.

One question per member would have been a better idea, and many questions got repeated. But, apart from one or two answers the rest did not deal with game development. The question as to why the prizes for winning the gold league in the regatta are rubbish was an interesting one, but like every question that had any negativity towards the game, it was not answered.

I love this game, but, none of the "difficult" questions were answered and that is why it was pointless wasting our time with it.
    Hi there. But in the first part with the rules, Anastasia's post did say "be positive". They did say that there going to be some changes in the Regatta.

I felt there were genuine questions amid all the complaints. I would have liked my question answered which was, "Is it possible to have a barn counter below the population stat?" A "yes" or "no" with a bit of an explanation would have suffice. I find I am always going back and forth to see how much space is available in the barn.

Thanks!