View Poll Results: Has anyone joined your Co-Op just to request products?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People Joining Co-Ops Just to Make Product Requests??

Angry People Joining Co-Ops Just to Make Product Requests??

Just recently I've come across a few players who have joined my Co-Op and it'll say they're racing but they never even started a task and they will continually request products which looks like it's the only reason they even joined. I had one player join my co-op twice; he would request products and once he received any he would leave the co-op, probably to go join & request products from someone else, leave them then re-join mine. I now know I have the option to Kick them out.

I'm just wondering how common this is? Has anyone else come across this?
    Why does it say someone's racing when they aren't participating in completing any of the tasks?
    I'm assuming if it says they're racing even though they're not they still get the rewards when the race is over?
    Last edited by Shandelle; 12-24-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Hi Shandelle. I'm sure many co-ops will have experienced this, and its very frustrating.

It will say that someone is racing if their settings are on 'Participate in regatta' or to put it another way, they have not opted out of the regatta. It has nothing to do with them having taken a task or not, it merely allows them to join in the race or not. And yes they will still receive rewards at the end of the race even if they dont do any tasks. If someone's settings are on 'Racing' and they dont do any tasks, it could be because sonething happened in real life to prevent them playing for the rest of the week, it could be that they are not very game-savvy and are oblivious to all this, or it could be that they are freeloading and hoping to reap rewards from the efforts of others for as long as they can before the leader cottons on and kicks them.

At best, these freeloaders are irksome, at worst they are damaging to your regatta ambitions. If your co-op wants to do well in the regatta, these people will harm your chances (because you will be competing against teams of the same number of Racing members, even though you will have fewer actively contributing and therefore your maximum possible score will be lower) so it is best to either kick them or get them to opt out. If your co-op isnt bothered about regatta success, then you will have to decide if you want to put up with parasites like them.

As for people that hop from co-op to co-op making help requests......grrrrrrrr!! Best to kick as soon as you notice this. When I was in a co-op, I would never answer help requests made in the co-op chat by new members until I had seen them prove themselves first by giving help to other players.

Thank you for answering my questions Carole. I did not know the number of racing team members factored into who you raced against and those are some good suggestions

You are welcome, Shandelle

Unfortunately, it took us a few regattas to find out that we have a leech in our co-op. Did all the Christmas event challenges first and then decided to finish the tasks in the race. We would have come in first place two times in a row, but because if this one member, we came in 2nd. Additionally, had to wait until the end of the regatta to give them the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    Unfortunately, it took us a few regattas to find out that we have a leech in our co-op. Did all the Christmas event challenges first and then decided to finish the tasks in the race. We would have come in first place ������ two times in a row, but because if this one member, we came in 2nd. Additionally, had to wait until the end of the regatta to give them the boot!
    Hi MissWilliamston. I just wondered why you had to wait until the end of the regatta to kick him out?

Hyacinth,
    Doesn't it hurt our team if someone that is racing is kicked out of the co-op? It is answer I gave been looking for, but have not been able to find. If we are racing with 5 members and kick out one during the regatta, is it fair to the other teams that we now only have 4 members?
    Also, if we are in first place, wouldn't we automatically loose that spot?

It all depends if that player do some task or not. If he do just a couple of tasks, he is hurting the team. If he do not fill any task, he hurts even more. If he does his fair share, there is no problem, isn't it?

You can kick him late sunday night and let him do 1 or 2 tasks if you wish. You decide if you want him to collect the prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    Hyacinth,
    Doesn't it hurt our team if someone that is racing is kicked out of the co-op? It is answer I gave been looking for, but have not been able to find. If we are racing with 5 members and kick out one during the regatta, is it fair to the other teams that we now only have 4 members?
    Also, if we are in first place, wouldn't we automatically loose that spot?
    To add to Greylady's post, it would also depend if he was likely to bring in any more points late in the regatta. If you kick him, say, on Thursday: if he has earned all the points he is going to by then, then it wont hurt your team. But obviously you will not get any more points out of him after kicking, so it could potentially hurt your team to kick him on Thursday if he had been going to do any more tasks over the weekend. You wont lose the points he has already earned,so the only way I can see that kicking a player mid-regatta will hurt your team is because of the further points you will miss out on.

As to whether it is fair on the other team members that you would have one less member than the other teams in your race, again it comes down to whether or not he would have brought in further points after the day you are thinking of kicking. They will have to work harder to make up for the points that he will not now be able to earn, but if he wasnt likely to earn any more then it wont have made a difference. It was unfair to all the other team members to have left him in the team to leech and force them to work harder in the first place (sorry, sounds a bit brutal).

As Greylady says, it is you that decides if he is able to collect rewards or not, according to whether you want to punish him or not. But in any case, make sure he is kicked before the next race begins.

ello. when you request a a product request does it stay there untile your product requested time is up ??? the reason I'm asking is I think I'm getting dumped. for ex., today I requested caramel had 1 in bard( i write stuff down) you are allow to request 5 I believe, received 3 from one person within an hr, I thanked him, checked back, now was 4 in barn, request was gone & timer said I still had 1 hr min before next request, & my order/request is now wher to be found ???? How could it have gone away without being completely filled & the timer not up ? this is not the first time something like this has happened. the other 2 times, just joined first co op, was learning, didnt even know how to request product, This was 4 days ago, Level 21 when I joined, and the 2 times I requested product, I received 2 on each of 5, on 2 separate days, timer was not up , couldn't find order? request anywhere and these times, someone either before me or after me was requesting the same product & this is when I first became concerned started paying attn. ! Now this is the third time. Im assuming one of the leaders or owner(which is hardly even there it seems) coz I play consistantly for 8+ hrs a day coz I enjoy the game, but I smell something fishy here ??? Plz correct me here. I've been in the co op 4 days now, I help with products when I can, I've filled orders when I can, always the goal to help more( trying to reach the goal of 5 helps in product a day, 5 fills a day, I just learning the game, only been playing almost 3 weeks.) I thank everybody, but this co op stuff is ruining the enjoyment of the game for me. My co op is Shellbyville. Would greatly appreciate your response. Thank you