Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Deliveries Event 2018 [Questions and Discussion]

I just overshot a pillar so much that it landed on the next pillar and the game let me carry on. Very surprised, didn't like it, made me feel like I was cheating.Has this happened to anyone else?

Here's a screenshot

IMG_20181214_224936.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by writtensparks View Post
    The only thing I'm kicking myself over is that I was too excited to decorate for Christmas and I ended up buying a decor that is a reward for the game.
    Same here! LOL
    Town: Hellensville
    Co-op: Zealandia
    #ZEECVD
    Member of Spending Suckers Club

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I just overshot a pillar so much that it landed on the next pillar and the game let me carry on. Very surprised, didn't like it, made me feel like I was cheating.Has this happened to anyone else?

Here's a screenshot

IMG_20181214_224936.jpg
    Wow! I am definitely trying that!

ETA: Tried it (3 times), couldn't do it, somehow the pillars are too far apart in my game
    Last edited by Hellensville; 12-14-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    Town: Hellensville
    Co-op: Zealandia
    #ZEECVD
    Member of Spending Suckers Club

From Anna's official how-to post about the event:

"The length of the bridge is limited though, so in order to collect all stars and to keep your progress safe we recommend to build bridges to each pillar".

So, reading between the lines, they knew bridging several at once is sometimes possible, but if you do span 3 pillars, you'll presumably miss out on the stars intended to be awarded for hitting the middle one.

Since the bridge span is limited in length you might also get carried away trying to span too many at once and be left hanging.
    I'm getting the hang of it now and sending fewer trucks to their doom. Moved from 14th to 6th and have the first three personal prizes. I did spend $3 when I plunged off the edge on the last column. But that's it.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    So, reading between the lines, they knew bridging several at once is sometimes possible, but if you do span 3 pillars, you'll presumably miss out on the stars intended to be awarded for hitting the middle one.
    Ok thanks Bess, just got a shock when it plopped onto the next pillar

Joining the thumbs up for this one!
    It’s nice to get something new!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Oh, I have no words to express my disappointed on this 2018 Christmas event accurately! But I will try, to at least vent some of my grief.
    1. Right off the bat you have to gauge the correct distance between the pillars, wee bit to long, or short and you’re off. Really? No time to phase into it? Straight to the purse? A Christmas event (present) for Playrix, go f the players?
    2. Some pillars have crates, there the truck passes the crates and drives right off the pillar...!.? What’s this? No explanation offered!
    3. At you fifth drive, the pillars start to move further and nearer, to make it even harder. Really? Already?
    4. There are measure tapes you can use, you get 3 a pop, but there is 6 to 16 pillars you have to gauge, so you’ll have to spend $$ on every path!
    5. And the animation of the gift sack looks like an apprentice’s job and hurts my eyes. I am supposed to look at this for 13 days?
    After the heartfelt interview of the lead designer, how hard they work on good animation, this might be true for many items in the past, but on this special, no professional had their hand in.

This is a missed opportunity!
    Making this a “flying-event” with a cool Santa sled, to curve and pass homes and towns to count how many presents you can deliver, before your reindeer’s need new food/fuel. And to only ask for $ to fasten or improve goals quicker, instead of asking for $ every step of the way!
    So sad to see, how the game is trying to be made, more and more, into a cash cow, and lesser and lesser entertaining ☹️
    I am a fifth year player, who has spend hundreds of $ enjoying the game, but do so lesser and lesser. To sad, really.
    My thoughts exactly. I’m not going to play this game. Like the others you have to use up your inventory to get the gifts to play and when you fail at the game they want your cash. Big Thumbs down on this one. It would be great to play a game where you didn’t have to provide inventory and cash. Bah Humbug Playrix
    Last edited by dreadnought; 12-15-2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: merged

Wow! What a day to leave my device at home!!!

Well after a late start and a few turns of playing I have to say......

I absolutely am in LOVE with this new mini game!!!! Huge thumbs up and thanks to Playrix for finally coming out with a new format. While I do still have the same frustrations as others as per difficulty, that’s the whole point of playing in my mind! If you don’t have to try hard to succeed then there’s no reward anyways. I understand those that choose not to play, but I for one am very happy and hope to see more new games in the future.

Though I will whole heartedly agree with everyone not in the same vein as the last snowboarding event which was a rather gross ply for tcash.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

I hate it! Especially now that they’ve introduced a moving pillar! Are they kidding me? No. The game is nothing but a miss. Anyway it’s ok. I can ignore the event.