Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Help! My laptop is acting weird!

  1. #1

    Exclamation Help! My laptop is acting weird!

    Hi people,
    Is there anyone who knows a thing or 2 about computers here?
    Certain websites, text documents and other things continuously scroll down on their own.
    I have rebooted the computer, checked mouse settings (which, due to this issue, automatically changed my pointer to this big ugly thing) and have done some research. The mouse works fine on most websites, it only affects system apps, and few websites like Desmos.
    I just put in new batteries so I don't think it is the mouse.
    Thank-you!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    OS: Android/Kindle/iOS
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV


  2. #2
    Junior Member Alienmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    83
    It sounds like you might have a virus or malware causing this problem. If you have an anti-virus program( up to date) and a malware scanner like (Malwarebytes) you should scan the whole system.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienmenace View Post
    It sounds like you might have a virus or malware causing this problem. If you have an anti-virus program( up to date) and a malware scanner like (Malwarebytes) you should scan the whole system.
    I unplugged my mouse and plugged it into another laptop. It seemed to fix the problem. I plugged my mouse back into my main laptop and it is working again. Could a virus have been the cause? I use Windows Defender, which is up-to-date.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    OS: Android/Kindle/iOS
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV


  4. #4
    Junior Member Alienmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    I unplugged my mouse and plugged it into another laptop. It seemed to fix the problem. I plugged my mouse back into my main laptop and it is working again. Could a virus have been the cause? I use Windows Defender, which is up-to-date.
    Run a full system scan, personally, I use Avast free version and also I install the free version on friends and families computers of Malwarebytes. Me, I have the paid version (Malwarebytes) on mine.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienmenace View Post
    Run a full system scan, personally, I use Avast free version and also I install the free version on friends and families computers of Malwarebytes. Me, I have the paid version (Malwarebytes) on mine.
    I did a full system scan with Windows Defender. It found no threats.
    I used to use Avast on my previous netbook, but when it actually got a virus on it, Avast couldn't "find" the virus but Malwarebytes did. I can't afford to pay for Malwarebytes, so that isn't an option.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    OS: Android/Kindle/iOS
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV


  6. #6
    Junior Member Alienmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    83
    You can still use the free version Malwarebytes, you just have to do a scan manually. And when it comes to anti-virus programs/apps, you should tweak it to be more security. I have mine tweaked.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienmenace View Post
    You can still use the free version Malwarebytes, you just have to do a scan manually. And when it comes to anti-virus programs/apps, you should tweak it to be more security. I have mine tweaked.
    Tweak it?
    The free version does not do a full system scan as does the payed for version.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    OS: Android/Kindle/iOS
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV


  8. #8
    Junior Member Alienmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    83
    Well, I have the free version of Avast, and it does do a full system scan, on all of my partitions and drives. And I have it to scan every night on a schedule. The tweak is a misplaced word, I meant to say customize it. And like I said, I do have the paid version of Malwarebytes (but my version is a lifetime version). And that is set up to do a scheduled scan also. Other than that, I really don't know what is it doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •