Thread: orders

orders

it seems to me the order will always choose something u don't have in your inventory so your inventory fills up. hoping u will spend more on game as I have not had 1 order with I didn't need to make at least 1 thing out of it in last 100 orders. and its been like that on both of my accounts the game must scan your inventory to find out what u don't have in it and choose 1 of those for the order to make

Apologies for playing the dumb card, but... what are you talking about?

Like, heli orders? I frequently have pins drop already green.
    Planes and trains? I’ve had both arrive that I could instantly fill and send off.

Similarly, with all three, I’ve had them ask for stuff I don’t have, which is exactl why we have the market/market man/help request/co-op request/auto-fill coupons/our own fields/factories/islands.

If you’re getting huge numbers of helis/planes/trains that you can’t fill, you need to evaluate your barn management. Don’t Store crops, keep them on the fields. Use factory shelves as storage, but not the boxes, keep them clear. Store a few of each item rather than a lot of a few items. Look out for common products. Sugar/cheese, probably need to store a bunch. Coconut macaroons, not so much.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

If it's the helicopter orders you are talking about, they will be easier to fill in time, with leveling up and more space and more stuff in your barn. In the meantime, if you don't like an order, remember you can always dump them.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Interesting! I have thought this very thing myself. Here is the scenario I have found: first your plane comes in with orders for six of something that takes hours to produce, like a couch. So you go to work producing like crazy, but it is agonizingly slow. So, you pay to expedite the order. But suddenly, you now have several heli orders for couches as well and you are left with the option of paying to speed up the process or you just kill the orders. I hate killing the orders because along with those heli orders are some excellent returns, so there you are stuck—and too often paying. I feel that is not a fair game when I see that come in. I used to buy lots of cash but found it was just getting out of hand so I am starting to push back a bit by just cancelling the orders or letting time run out in the trains or planes. It is really frustrating when you are racing and you bump into something like this that jeopardizes your race success or forces you to trash a task. I wish they would just let the game run without thes little money grabbing tricks embedded it the code.

Always prioritise your task orders.

So, if you’re doing a plane task, fill the plane and ignore/dump the helis. If you’re doing a heli task, send the plane empty and wait for a new one.

Remember though: planes you get five hours to prep for before they arrive. You can get two co-op requests in in that time, chances are your market is going to refresh in that time or at least soon after plane lands, and you can get help on three of the boxes in the plane.

And as I said above; keeping a small supply of everything helps. My barn is chock full of building materials at the moment. My CB has nine hours to go, then I can get rid of them, but even so, between barn/factory shelves/fields I keep a fairly steady flow of 6-8 of each item, and my barn is not huge for my level.

Market boxes help massively. I very rarely have the market man (only get him when he offers the ten days for 36TC), instead I stock up on market boxes and have those as extra “surprise” storage.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

What I do is, I produce a lot of items at once that take long to produce - and it those complete in like 1-2 days or so- so then I know when I need those products that take 6 -12 hours to produce I already have enough stock available.

orders

I think the game is scanning my inventory to find out what I don't have in there and will put that in the orders as I have not got an order in the past 60 orders where I didn't need at least 1 or 2 things to make the order lol