Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite town sign!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    They are the actual emojis....there are several towns on the plane GLB that have them. One even has Santa and gifts.

There is a website called convert-emoji.com which I believe some players use to add emojis to their town names, but this only works with iOS, not other platforms.

Just testing....
    Magnolia
    ������Magnolia������
    Edit....the first line was made from emoji-converter and the second i just typed in the flowers.

It won’t paste into my town sign though....sigh...
    Thanks for suggesting the site—it will come in handy for other things.
    Last edited by Magnolia Township; 12-06-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Here is what we see on the plane leaderboard while using an android device.

global-emojis.jpg
    Last edited by Graylady; 12-06-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Here is what we see on the plane leaderboard while using an android device.

global-emojis.jpg
    So, i would assume the pics don’t show up on the town signs for andoid either?

I’m trying to decide if i care enough about this to pursue it lol. It may just become a Township mystery like how some towns have changed or deleted the annoying piece of walkway in the zoo that can’t be changed.

You have to paste it into your text replacement, Maggie, (under settings/keyboard) if you want to use it in your Town Sign. Then you type into the sign whatever text you assigned as its name instead. I feel like it's a bit spoiled for me if Android and presumably Kindle folks just see nonsense anyway.

Just testing....
    Magnolia
    ������Magnolia������
    Edit....the first line was made from emoji-converter and the second i just typed in the flowers.

It won’t paste into my town sign though....sigh...
    Thanks for suggesting the site—it will come in handy for other things.
    Ok, sorry it won't work for you. I'm a bit technically challenged, and I'm not on iOS, so maybe you've done this, but I think these are the instructions:

On the convert emoji site select the emojis you want and then type in your town name, click create emoji text button, press and hold down to select full town name, go to settings -general-keyboard-text replacement, press the + sign top right to create a shortcut, paste the town name in the phrase box, type in what you want to use as the shortcut (such as abcd) and press save. Then type the shortcut into your town sign and press space and it should appear.

As I said I'm not on iOS, so I can't test it, but hope it works for you.

By the way, thanks to Becky for these instructions. There is no way I would've figured this out myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You have to paste it into your text replacement, Maggie, (under settings/keyboard) if you want to use it in your Town Sign. Then you type into the sign whatever text you assigned as its name instead. I feel like it's a bit spoiled for me if Android and presumably Kindle folks just see nonsense anyway.
    I tried this but the emoji didn’t show up, just the text.

So, i would assume the pics don’t show up on the town signs for andoid either?
    You assume right. I see the same thing when visiting their town.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Completely off-topic, but it's nice to see you back, Virginia. I feel like you've not been around much lately.
    Thanks Nevada! Holiday time is a little hectic for me I’m a teacher irl and so there’s a lot going this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Ok, sorry it won't work for you. I'm a bit technically challenged, and I'm not on iOS, so maybe you've done this, but I think these are the instructions:

On the convert emoji site select the emojis you want and then type in your town name, click create emoji text button, press and hold down to select full town name, go to settings -general-keyboard-text replacement, press the + sign top right to create a shortcut, paste the town name in the phrase box, type in what you want to use as the shortcut (such as abcd) and press save. Then type the shortcut into your town sign and press space and it should appear.

As I said I'm not on iOS, so I can't test it, but hope it works for you.

By the way, thanks to Becky for these instructions. There is no way I would've figured this out myself!
    Thanks JJay...when i do this it still leaves out the emojis....~������Magnolia���� �~ shows up on the sign as ~Magnolia~

Edit...arrrgh....now i don’t remember how i made them show up in the message before
    Last edited by Magnolia Township; 12-07-2018 at 04:07 AM.