Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite town sign!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Can I be dull as dishwater and say my favourite is the plain old Stone Town Sign? I mean, it just goes with everything and I really like its slightly smaller scale too. I'm quite partial to the Inflatable Monster too though. I like how he gently wafts from side to side gnawing the sign - it's soothing.
    Ha! Then we shall be dull together as I too like the stone sign!

Wow, this thread really took off. Thanks for all the replies!

Yes, that's the one and it is part of the paranormal regatta season. Good memory. Thanks for the link. It's the first time Mac users have seen the floating sign. Since the thread in your post was from last year, maybe they'll give us another change to win it. I stopped doing the regatta to focus on updating the town but when I saw that sign in another player's town I fell head over heels for it and have spent waaay too much $ trying to get back to the golden league to get it. I just made it to golden last regatta, but I'm not going to get enough points to buy it since the last week of the season is for the chests rewards instead of racing points.
    NEVADA thanks for posting that pic! I love it and hope that Mac users get the chance to win or buy that snowboard sign, too. (playing a Mac version is so Dickensian; Macs, the have nots in a Guilded Age)
    I like changing and decorating with the holidays and seasons. Just don't ask me to decorate my real house much anymore. It's so much easier on Township rather than IRL. LOL

I too love the simplicity of the stone sign, but have been recently exploring with the different seasonal signs. I really liked the Halloween sign as he was so quirky and fun. I have the snowboarding snow man up which fits for the season I suppose, I’m looking forward to buying some more seasonal decor to go with it such as the new lampposts.

Completely off-topic, but it's nice to see you back, Virginia. I feel like you've not been around much lately.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I’m hoping this isn’t a reallllly stupid question......how do you get the flowers etc. to show up on your sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I’m hoping this isn’t a reallllly stupid question......how do you get the flowers etc. to show up on your sign?
    With the December update many (not all) town signs are decorated for Christmas. You can search through the Town Sign tab on the decorations menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    With the December update many (not all) town signs are decorated for Christmas. You can search through the Town Sign tab on the decorations menu.
    I mean in your actual name...i’ve seen them on other signs but when i use my emoji keyboard, nothing shows up.

Dear Magnolia
    At first you must know there don't exist stupid questions and asking questions makes you wiser

I mean in your actual name...i’ve seen them on other signs but when i use my emoji keyboard, nothing shows up.
    The flowers you mean are made with punctuation mark, right?
    I never used them myself but your question triggered me to make an investigation about that subject.

Drawing with punctuation marks is called mark art or ASCII art .
    I guess the flowers you have seen were made by an ASCII generator for WhatsApp or something like that and then copy pasted to their Town sign.
    Your name combined with the ASCII flowers... I can imagine you have a thrill to get that done!

Good luck with expieriencing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Dear Magnolia
    At first you must know there don't exist stupid questions and asking questions makes you wiser

The flowers you mean are made with punctuation mark, right?
    I never used them myself but your question triggered me to make an investigation about that subject.

Drawing with punctuation marks is called mark art or ASCII art .
    I guess the flowers you have seen were made by an ASCII generator for WhatsApp or something like that and then copy pasted to their Town sign.
    Your name combined with the ASCII flowers... I can imagine you have a thrill to get that done!

Good luck with expieriencing!
    They are the actual emojis....there are several towns on the plane GLB that have them. One even has Santa and gifts.

Last edited by Magnolia Township; 12-06-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Added photo