Thread: Barn Sale a.k.a. Garage Sale/Yard Sale

Barn Sale a.k.a. Garage Sale/Yard Sale

Having enough space in our barns seems to be a common problem for a lot of us. As another method of offloading our items as opposed to just selling it for coins, can we please have a 'Garage Sale' or Barn Sale function?

- A Barn Sale would open up our barns to co-op members and people on our friends list.
    - A player can nominate what in their barn is up for sale and in what quantities.
    - Coop members and friends purchase items at a significant discount like 50% off or more (It is a garage sale after all).

Benefits to the seller:
    - Free up barn space, get a bit of coin in return, and help fellow team members and friends.

Benefits to the buyer:
    - Adds another purchasing channel besides co-op requests and the market, and purchasing goods at a significant discount.

Limitations
    So it doesn't become a giant free-for-all with no boundaires, you can limit it by:
    - The function is only available once a week or once every x amount of days.
    - You as a purchaser are only allowed to 'attend' x amount of barn sales in a certain time frame.
    - Or, You as a purchaser have a limit as to how many items or unique items you can buy.
    - Sales are only open for x amount of time e.g. 5 hours.

If you could make this happen that would be amazing!

Hi Huddy, and welcome! Unfortuately, if you take a look at the list of ideas that cannot be implemented , you'll see your idea is on there already.

Fair enough but it's technically not a market or creating a separate marketplace. I would be happy to open my barn up for free if that avoids the issue of selling to other players. The main aim is to free up barn space and if another member can benefit by taking goods I don't need, then why not allow them to...

Quote Originally Posted by Huddy03 View Post
    Fair enough but it's technically not a market or creating a separate marketplace. I would be happy to open my barn up for free if that avoids the issue of selling to other players. The main aim is to free up barn space and if another member can benefit by taking goods I don't need, then why not allow them to...
    I'm interpreting 'no giving more than 5 gifts a day' and 'no market to sell to other players' as covering exactly the kinds of thing you're asking for, but you're free to disagree. I just wanted to be sure you knew the list was there.