Thread: How to become a beta tester

How to become a beta tester

I would like to become a beta tester. Do you know how to become one?

Hi,

When the devs are launching another beta version, and need more players to test it out, they announce it here on the forum (and/or on facebook) asking for interested players to apply. You will have to keep an eye out for this announcements, and apply for the next round.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

There are two different types of beta testing for Township. One is automatical, where the system chooses random players by itself and sends beta invites through the game. Those testers receive betas pretty much every time before the update. Unfortunately, no chance to get in there, unless the system somehow picks you among others.
    But occasionally Playrix organises testing to try specific new features, and they look for specific testers. They post adds about it on the forum, or they ask former testers to help, and those testers look for new testers. So just keep an eye out on the forum and township groups.
    Also beta testing is only available for iOS devices, not android

I use Android Thanks for the answers
    Last edited by Raccoon Italy City; 12-09-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Question...when they do beta testing, are they looking for functionality/glitches or player opinions on whether or not they like the changes? Or both?
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

We're asked to "give feedback", lol.

Typically, they ask if it's clear, usable, understandable, and then you're free to send any additional information you like, so I'll send stuff like "interseasonal chests are a great idea, but become problatic in a large co-op with unfinished chests clogging the board", or, "I liked the old zoo buildings better, I think the green roofs are more in keeping with the setting, the purple roofs are too garish". (That one's made up cause can't give away secrets).

It's your job as beta to let them know what you do/not like about the whatever you're testing. It's their job to sort through all the feedback and not/act on it as they see fit.

My first time beta testing, my poor rock climber in the background spent two weeks climbing thin air, so I sent screenshots of the mis-alignment, along with another glitch I can no longer remember.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Thanks Nevada!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

I would like to join the beta testing.